View Full Version : LA Noire

Dunny
22/05/2011, 1:32 PM
So, anyone pick it up yet? Thoughts?

A N Mouse
22/05/2011, 8:55 PM
So, anyone pick it up yet? Thoughts?

Honestly, finding it a bit meh!

The city and the mo-cap - you will recognise the actors - are pretty impressive. It's not another gta/rdr, more of an old fashioned graphic adventure style thing, broken up with lots of driving and some action sequences thrown in.

It's let down by some of these set-pieces/action scenes - and another, really small but, annoying immersion breaker for me, seeing as how you expect stuff to render in the game engine - is showing you arriving at a place from a different direction than you actually came.

It's essentially a 20 hour movie.

I'd recommend try before you buy, as it won't be to everyone's taste. And you would easily blow through the main story in 3 or 4 long sessions. Also not sure about replay value - haven't just got to that stage yet - there are different ways to solve each case, but because of the over arching story some will just be different ways of arriving at the same conclusion.

Oh and the side quests should definitely wait until you finished, they can become slighly annoying.

So impressed and generally engrossed, but small frustrations are adding up.

shakermaker1982
23/05/2011, 7:34 AM
I like it. 11 cases in. I can't be bothered with the side quests I just keep racing to the crime scenes! Like Mouse says it's just a massive movie but I'm more than happy with that.

I've kept the music on to detect the 'clue's but maybe this has made the game a little easy? I also find that when I press doubt when speaking to a suspect Phelp's acts like a bit of a t*at. I haven't warmed to him yet........but I am sure his backstory will tell us more about him.

horton
06/06/2011, 7:14 PM
Have any of you finished it yet? is it worth splashing out or better just to rent it? Looking to pick up a few games this weekend and haven't a clue what to go for.

BonnieShels
07/06/2011, 12:28 AM
I'm all for getting this but the reviews so far from professional reviewers are great but from those who have to pay for it less so.

Still think I'll buy it as I'm having withdrawals since I completed GTAIV over 2 years ago.

shakermaker1982
11/06/2011, 2:55 PM
finished it last night, the last 4 cases were a drag.

Neish
12/06/2011, 10:28 AM
Got it about two weeks ago, haven't been playing it too much but have enjoyed it so far however its starting to get a wee bit repetitive

Jofspring
12/06/2011, 9:13 PM
Just started it. A few times I haven't been watching what is going on and totally forgot where I was going in the case or what questions I had even asked. Getting a little more into now.

Lev Yashin
13/06/2011, 1:55 PM
I finished it.
Was off work with a broken wrist so just threw myself into it.
Really enjoyed it a bit like GTA set in the 40's but it is less about killing people moe about problem solving and so on.

Still preferred Heavy Rain though

BonnieShels
22/08/2011, 8:56 PM
Playing this for a week now. Am enjoying it.
Some of the inquisitions get annoying but still good game.