PDA

View Full Version : Behan Rumour

Pages : [1] 2

bluewhitearmy
22/05/2011, 12:37 PM

Cork player Greg O'Halloran in this interview saying there are rumours that we are going against Cork for Behan. Anyone think we would have a chance of getting him?

Personally i dont think we could beat what Cork could offer him.

Lim till i die
22/05/2011, 1:01 PM
If Cork and Limerick are in for Behan, Behan will sign for Cork.

Lol at Greg O'Halloran beggin them to sign Joe Gamble aswell, he must be fed up of playing. :)

micls
22/05/2011, 1:16 PM
Behan said in an interview in the Echo earlier in the week that he'd speak to both us and yourselves but he hoped to stay in Britain.

Lim till i die
22/05/2011, 2:15 PM
The Flirt!

Hurt Locker
22/05/2011, 2:32 PM
Joe Gamble what a wasted career, always looked at Behan been a battering ram. Would they come back to Cork after the way things went the last time?

Jofspring
22/05/2011, 5:40 PM
Would like to see him sign for ourselves. Any extra bit of experience, up front especially at the moment, is needed. Even if he was only a 10-12 goal striker it would be a great help to us. Can see him signing for Cork though.

bluewhitearmy
22/05/2011, 5:54 PM
Would be good to get his experience alright with Boland said t be giving it another go in July too would be 2 very experienced players.

Cant see him going anywhere except Cork though.

da bishop
22/05/2011, 7:16 PM
boland?are you serious

Jofspring
22/05/2011, 7:18 PM
boland?are you serious

If it was pay as you play like last time and he stayed injury free i'd see no problem with it. All the players last year said he looked a class above everyone we had and we need experience in the midfield.

Martinho II
22/05/2011, 8:01 PM
how many 1st team appearances did willie boland play for ye lads??

sadloserkid
22/05/2011, 9:48 PM
I think two Martinho but they both only lasted minutes. Came off the bench against Athlone (I think), looked fantastic for a few minutes and went off with a knock. Started a cup game (Munster Senior semi wasn't it?) not long after but had to be replaced very early on in that too.

bluewhitearmy
23/05/2011, 12:46 AM
I think two Martinho but they both only lasted minutes. Came off the bench against Athlone (I think), looked fantastic for a few minutes and went off with a knock. Started a cup game (Munster Senior semi wasn't it?) not long after but had to be replaced very early on in that too.

Spot on.

And he is signing as a coach/player so if he can make it through games great if not he will do his coaching work....Played a good few games for a non league team in England and has been fine so hopefully he will be ok.

Jofspring
23/05/2011, 8:59 AM
And he is signing as a coach/player so if he can make it through games great if not he will do his coaching work....Played a good few games for a non league team in England and has been fine so hopefully he will be ok.

Thats good to hear. Even if we can get a hand full of games out of him it will be good. His experience will be excellent. Fingers crossed it works out better than the last time.

CityRebel
23/05/2011, 9:31 AM
I would love to see Behan sign for Limerick, even only on a short term contract. When the season gets to squeaky bum time I reckon his goals and more importantly his experience could prove vital towards the end of season.
I would love to see the club make a statement of intent by signing him.

I would love to see Behan sign for Limerick too.

Jofspring
23/05/2011, 2:50 PM
I would love to see Behan sign for Limerick too.

Cheers ;)

Jofspring
24/05/2011, 4:10 PM
Since Boland was playing non league football could he sign at any time does anyone know or will we have to wait till July for him to be available. The same goes if we sign anyone from a Junior club here.

Rumours on the Junior section that we are looking to sign Breen (i take it the centre half not keeper) and Higgins (left back) from St.Michaels. In todays paper Breen got 9/10 and Higgins 7/10. Higgins had Tierney in his pocket supposedly and if Breen is the guy I'm thinking of he is the captain of the Irish Junior International team and is supposed to be very good. A few lads think this is unlikely but if they are handy (especially Higgins at left full where we haven't much cover) then I'd like to see it happen.

bluewhitearmy
24/05/2011, 4:18 PM
Since Boland was playing non league football could he sign at any time does anyone know or will we have to wait till July for him to be available. The same goes if we sign anyone from a Junior club here.

Rumours on the Junior section that we are looking to sign Breen (i take it the centre half not keeper) and Higgins (left back) from St.Michaels. In todays paper Breen got 9/10 and Higgins 7/10. Higgins had Tierney in his pocket supposedly and if Breen is the guy I'm thinking of he is the captain of the Irish Junior International team and is supposed to be very good. A few lads think this is unlikely but if they are handy (especially Higgins at left full where we haven't much cover) then I'd like to see it happen.

Not sure but i think its juniors can sign any time in June then lads then non juniors in July something like that.

Jofspring
24/05/2011, 6:43 PM
Only about a week or two left in the Junior so players could come available soon.

bluewhitearmy
24/05/2011, 6:58 PM
Only about a week or two left in the Junior so players could come available soon.

Anyone know anything about these lads from Michaels would they be good signings if its true?

Jofspring
24/05/2011, 7:02 PM
Anyone know anything about these lads from Michaels would they be good signings if its true?

From what I've heard yes but according to a lad over on the junior forum work commitments would rule two out straight away.

If we got Tierney and Colbert i'd be delighted. Especially if Boland works out too and Gary coming back from injury.

bluewhitearmy
24/05/2011, 7:07 PM
From what I've heard yes but according to a lad over on the junior forum work commitments would rule two out straight away.

If we got Tierney and Colbert i'd be delighted. Especially if Boland works out too and Gary coming back from injury.

Very little chance of either coming back being honest...from what i hear of how JT has got on with Pike i wouldnt want him anyway.

Think we need strikers and from some rumours i am hearing we are talking to another vey good one apart from Behan.

Jofspring
24/05/2011, 7:10 PM
Very little chance of either coming back being honest...from what i hear of how JT has got on with Pike i wouldnt want him anyway.

Think we need strikers and from some rumours i am hearing we are talking to another vey good one apart from Behan.

Tierney has been played as a winger which is where I think he is better. With Judge playing so well there he would be doing well to take his place if he returned.

Hopefully the other striker is good cause I really can't see Behan signing.

KevB76
25/05/2011, 12:28 PM
JT possibly going to Athlone

Jofspring
25/05/2011, 4:31 PM
JT possibly going to Athlone

Wouldn't surprise me if he did but if he couldn't commit to Limerick at the start of the season it would be unusual to commit to a team up the country (all be it only an hour and a half drive). I wonder do the Limerick lads train in Limerick with Kerley.

LK37oldskool
25/05/2011, 6:49 PM
whether tis Behan or someone else it's obvious from the last few games, a reliable striker is needed.Hynes is a good team player and works really hard in every game but he wont bag the amount of goals needed for promotion.Don't know whats wrong with Stevo,wish he'd concentrate on his own game instead of mouthing off to his team mates every match.

bluewhitearmy
25/05/2011, 6:57 PM
whether tis Behan or someone else it's obvious from the last few games, a reliable striker is needed.Hynes is a good team player and works really hard in every game but he wont bag the amount of goals needed for promotion.Don't know whats wrong with Stevo,wish he'd concentrate on his own game instead of mouthing off to his team mates every match.

You wouldnt mind the bad form as much if he was working as hard as the other lads but at times he is not far off Sean O'Connnor for just not looking bothered...

bluewhitearmy
30/05/2011, 9:54 PM
Behan was at the game tonight said he met club officials at half time and according to one of the lads taht was talking to him after the game he said the club made him good offer and he wil decide soon.

Lim till i die
30/05/2011, 9:58 PM
Behan was at the game tonight said he met club officials at half time and according to one of the lads taht was talking to him after the game he said the club made him good offer and he wil decide soon.

Cork or Limerick?? :p

bluewhitearmy
30/05/2011, 9:59 PM
Limerick this week maybe next week for Cork..

We are in serious need of a striker though.

El-Pietro
31/05/2011, 12:22 AM
he was definitely there. saw him in his car parked across from the ground after the game. buddies saw him heading into the club house with limerick officials at half time

Jofspring
31/05/2011, 8:54 AM
I take we will still be waiting till July for him if he takes up Limericks offer. That means we will have another 3 league games and 2 cup games played in that time. With the mounting injuries its going to be a tough few weeks.

Just hope that the offer we have made him isn't ridiculous if it is the best he has got and if it is he'll have a lot to do to earn it. Look at Bobby Ryan last season.

thomas72
31/05/2011, 9:17 AM
He was def there he was standing up watching the game in front of us.

theboywonder8
01/06/2011, 10:03 AM
Heard Barry sheedy from kmallock is also signing,a very good young player,striker as well

abbeyvale
01/06/2011, 12:18 PM
Heard Barry sheedy from kmallock is also signing,a very good young player,striker as well

Good player, a bit small for LOI though

Jofspring
01/06/2011, 12:52 PM

Is he a part of their minor team? If so i'd say he is signed for the A and u19 team. With the injuries at the moment though there is a good chance for a lot of the younger lads to get into the first team.

theboywonder8
01/06/2011, 5:51 PM
He played most of his football with premier team,he was over in England as well with west ham I think,also capped with Irish youth team,if you're good enough you're big enough,and this fella is,has real potential

Jofspring
01/06/2011, 6:56 PM
if you're good enough you're big enough,and this fella is,has real potential

Have to agree with that. Plenty of small players doing very well for themselves. Hopefully he does sign and has the potential you mention. The more good young players the better.

gael353
01/06/2011, 8:14 PM
There will be a fair few signings in the next weeks or so as the under 19s are due to be assembled. Upwards of 20 players will prob be signed after being scouted by club scouts for the last 6 months.

ikle link of note http://limerickfc.ie/home/news/110531coaches.html

Monkfish
11/06/2011, 11:37 PM
(Taken from extratime.ie)

Behan set to sign for Limerick
commentsby Alan Smith
Sat, Jun 11 2011

Limerick are set to sign former Cork City striker Denis Behan according to City boss Tommy Dunne.

The Leesiders had looked at bringing the striker back to Turner’s Cross after a failed spell cross-channel but Behan, originally from Abbeyfeale, looks set to sign for Limerick after they offered him a handsome deal.

Dunne said: "I spoke to Denis today and it looks like he's going to sign for Limerick.

“To be honest, what Limerick are paying him the likes of Shamrock Rovers would find it hard to compete with.

"I don't know where they're getting their money from, you talk about the 65% rule with regard to turnover, they're getting 300 people through the gate and they're able to dish out that sort of money.

It follows today’s announcement that Limerick have signed seven other players from local junior clubs in the county and Tipperary.

Lim till i die
12/06/2011, 12:11 AM
http://www.streetzuup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/20090728_223724_pram.jpg

blueblood
12/06/2011, 4:19 PM
what business is it of Tommy Dunne who limerick sign he should learn to keep his mouth shut instead of looking childish, he could have said something to Roddy Collins when he had a an opinion on Cork City but taught it better to keep quiet then he does this,

LK37oldskool
13/06/2011, 12:37 PM
i think Behan not signing for Cork has more to do with the fact(allegedly!) that he had difficulty getting money off them during his last spell with them than how much Limerick are going to pay him.

theboywonder8
13/06/2011, 8:53 PM
Who are the seven other players that have signed,from local and tsdl leagues?

Lim till i die
13/06/2011, 9:03 PM
The seven are:

Limerick FC have announced the signing of seven new players during the opening week of the summer transfer window.

Aidan Boyle and James McGrath have joined from Nenagh AFC and Barry Sheedy has come on board from Kilmallock United. Local club Fairview Rangers have provided two new faces with Colin Daly and Darragh Rainsford arriving from them, while Cian Collins joins from Granville Rangers and Oliver O’Driscoll has signed from Tipperary side St Michael’s AFC.

Anybody know anything about any of them??

I assume they're all u-19s besides Sheedy

Jofspring
13/06/2011, 9:33 PM
The only two I've heard of are Barry Sheedy because he was the top goalscorer in the Youth Division one and Cian Collins was 3rd top scorer in that league too.

micls
14/06/2011, 5:49 AM
i think Behan not signing for Cork has more to do with the fact(allegedly!) that he had difficulty getting money off them during his last spell with them than how much Limerick are going to pay him.

No need to use allegedly, he definitely did have problems with money with Coughlan, and Arkaga.

However that is true of most of our players, so I don't think it's the reason. They are all happy now that wages will always be paid on time and in full, and Denis could ask them if he was worried.

It will come down to who offers him more money imo, he's a footballer with a few years left, he needs to make whatever money he can now. It might be different for others, like with Gamble his family is in Cork and he used to have a business so there may be other factors, but given Denis is from Limerick I think it'l be straight forward more money signs him.

bluewhitearmy
14/06/2011, 1:41 PM
I doubt that if its true that we are offering way more then ye that living in Cork would have a major say in Gambles decision its not like its a huge trek to Limerick from Cork.

Not that it matters though as the only people that have said we are after Gamble is Cork fans so may not even be true..

micls
16/06/2011, 6:24 AM
I doubt that if its true that we are offering way more then ye that living in Cork would have a major say in Gambles decision its not like its a huge trek to Limerick from Cork.

Not that it matters though as the only people that have said we are after Gamble is Cork fans so may not even be true..

It depends. If he did start another business for example here, he might prefer to not have the 2 hour return journey a few times a week. It's pure speculation though. I just think there'd be slightly more reason for Gamble to stay in Cork than Behan.

But if the money is much much better, than I'd be surprised if any footballer turned it down/

I'd say it's true that ye're after him alright, getting him would imo secure promotion for ye. How much ye're willing to offer is another story though.

Jofspring
16/06/2011, 7:47 AM
It depends. If he did start another business for example here, he might prefer to not have the 2 hour return journey a few times a week. It's pure speculation though. I just think there'd be slightly more reason for Gamble to stay in Cork than Behan.

But if the money is much much better, than I'd be surprised if any footballer turned it down/

I'd say it's true that ye're after him alright, getting him would imo secure promotion for ye. How much ye're willing to offer is another story though.

Agree with you and I think that is why we probably need to offer a lot more than ye. If there isn't much difference in the wages he would definitely sign for Cork, handier for training and matches and he will be with a team also going for promotion, not to even mention that he is from Cork.

If Gamble was the kind of signing that could help secure us promotion he would be worth every penny.

bluewhitearmy
16/06/2011, 2:00 PM
Would absolutely love to get Gamble i think it would really boost our chances of promotion.

I just cant see it happening think he will end up at Cork. Hope its true that we have offered him something that they cant match but id say they will go all out to get him.

He would definitely be worth paying big money to though imo.