PDA

View Full Version : Stroll in the park.............

avvenalaf
21/05/2011, 11:41 PM
I'd say a Rovers training session is harder than that tonight. Bluntly, Galway are atrocious and would hardly hack it in Div One. We did what we had to do and played some lovely stuff. I hear Blinky wants away but how could he expect to get into that side with Doyler on fire. Thought Richie and Joseph were sublime and Alan Kirby and Aaron Greene were excellent as well. We should have had a penalty and Rusty and Doyler missed two sitters in the first half . Tougher tasks ahead in the next two but, after tonight, tiredness can hardly be an excuse.
No one could be arsed giving Humpty a hard time as the side he has will do that anyway.

Hurt Locker
22/05/2011, 2:17 PM
Worst Galway team in histroy, half the team train in Dublin. I think their supporters are just happy the club is in existence.

Martinho II
22/05/2011, 7:58 PM
so long as galway stay ahead of drogheda they can rebuild the squad for this season but next year they will be found out like drogheda this year.

avvenalaf
22/05/2011, 10:33 PM
so long as galway stay ahead of drogheda they can rebuild the squad for this season but next year they will be found out like drogheda this year.

I've seen Drogheda and Galway in the last two matches and am seriously tempted to have a wedge on Drogheda when they meet this Thursday. Galway are really that bad.

Hurt Locker
23/05/2011, 12:25 AM
I've seen Drogheda and Galway in the last two matches and am seriously tempted to have a wedge on Drogheda when they meet this Thursday. Galway are really that bad.

Local young fellows just not up to the standard, 1 goal in 10 hours of football toothless. lost the last seven games previous record 11 straight losses 1995/96. Galway will see this as a real crunch clash and will be out to stop the rot.

shellyriver
23/05/2011, 6:07 PM
Just too easy. A real whiff of blood in the air after 10 minutes, and Galway went into survival mode!

As for Monsieur Connor, was surprised to seem him all togged out in dapper suit. Attending a job interview anywhere on the way to Sligo?

Thought Galway's keeper was great, pulled off some wonderful saves.

Green, Davoren, were really threatening in first half. Kirby as usual linked up really well with Doyle -- who obviously has re-found his confidence. Russell put in a real shift. Ryan was good. Peers, as usual, incomparable, rock solid. Joe seemed more useful down the wing and showed some deft touches in the second half.

As for McGuinness, while he not fully won over, he played well enough -- good headers and showed a little skill at times.

Nice to see Raf and young McGoldrick, get on. All in all, a great result. In reality it was just too easy -- that's not arrogance, the game as a contest was dead after the second goal.

gustavo
27/05/2011, 10:57 AM

Hope you're collecting your winnings this morning :)

avvenalaf
27/05/2011, 4:30 PM
Hope you're collecting your winnings this morning :)

Nah. When I considered the tactical and motivational genius at the helm in Galway, I thought the odds were a bit skinny. Glad to be proven right, though. When you think about it, Humpty has managed 4 clubs in LOI and we are the only ones he didn't leave in the ****e. How grateful should we be to Bohs?