PDA

View Full Version : O'Riordan gone

dublinred
18/06/2004, 9:45 AM
At last , but would not resign so he will be entitled to a payoff unless Derry appoint him.

gustavo
18/06/2004, 10:33 AM
i dunno how we are gonna pay him off cos to pay out his contract would cost something like €150 , 000

corkharps
18/06/2004, 10:38 AM
It's no major shock really, I don't think Derry would be that stupid! He has always been hyped as one of the great managers in the league,but has failed to deliver.

brendy_éire
18/06/2004, 12:24 PM
His name has been mentioned with the job, but can't see him getting it really.

corkharps
18/06/2004, 2:22 PM
His name has been mentioned with the job, but can't see him getting it really.
Whats the story with the Derry Job? Who's still in the running? :confused:

dortie
18/06/2004, 2:28 PM
Whats the story with the Derry Job? Who's still in the running? :confused:

Theres not even a whisper in the wind, and its driving the fans mental.
We had Liam Coyle at our SC meeting last night and he didnt even know anything.

Longfordian
18/06/2004, 2:31 PM
Is Liam Coyle still hacked off with the powers that be up there? He was treated a bit harshly I think. Could have kept him on in some capacity. Was Jimmy McGeough not the clear favourite for that job, what happened there?

dortie
18/06/2004, 2:37 PM
Is Liam Coyle still hacked off with the powers that be up there? He was treated a bit harshly I think. Could have kept him on in some capacity. Was Jimmy McGeough not the clear favourite for that job, what happened there?

Yes he is 'hacked off', a reason we had him come along to our meeting and let us know what happened.

Paul Diamond (Very rich ex-chairman) was to return with Jim Roddy stepping aside to Commercial manager, Diamond would have taken Felix Healy with him 'back to the Brandywell' (regardless of what any Harps fans would like to say), this now seems to be on hold or not happening and Jimmy McGeoughs name is indeed on the lips of many....

Honestly nobody seems to know anything.

Longfordian
18/06/2004, 2:47 PM
Interesting. Maybe Roddy doesnt want to step aside?! To be honest I had heard that there were a number of his committee who didnt get on with him for whatever reason

corkharps
18/06/2004, 3:09 PM
Yes he is 'hacked off', a reason we had him come along to our meeting and let us know what happened.

Paul Diamond (Very rich ex-chairman) was to return with Jim Roddy stepping aside to Commercial manager, Diamond would have taken Felix Healy with him 'back to the Brandywell' (regardless of what any Harps fans would like to say), this now seems to be on hold or not happening and Jimmy McGeoughs name is indeed on the lips of many....

Honestly nobody seems to know anything.

Its a bit like what was ment to happen at Finn Park. There was this rich guy from Russia( I think he owns a petrol station) was supposed to move to Donegal and invest €25million into Harps. He also had plans to buy a feeder club in London which he went ahead with( I don't want to mention their name incase the whole thing falls through) and we are now waiting on developements. :D
BTW Mc Geough is a header! :eek:

dortie
18/06/2004, 6:12 PM
BTW Mc Geough is a header! :eek:

I dont give a monkies ass if he is totally insane provided he gets us back to were we belong.. the top half of the premier league.

Theres no indication at all at this stage who the manager will be.

harpskid
18/06/2004, 6:58 PM
His wage demands were supposed to have been ludicrously high as well