PDA

View Full Version : Harps move back to Saturday Nights

Mr A
18/05/2011, 1:27 PM
Just posting this here as it gets the most views and people may be planning trips, accommodation etc.

Saturday nights at 7.45 from now on. (http://www.finnharps.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=571:finn-harps-change-to-saturday-night-football&catid=39:news-from-finn-park&Itemid=101) Except the Athlone game which is on a Thursday (Nation cup affects this one and no point going up against champions league final).

SwanVsDalton
18/05/2011, 1:33 PM
What's the thinking Mr.A? Realistically get better crowds on a Saturday?

peadar1987
18/05/2011, 2:18 PM

Clashing with Bray games was affecting their attendances.

A N Mouse
18/05/2011, 2:29 PM

Felix hates watching saturday telly wi the missus

SwanVsDalton
18/05/2011, 2:38 PM
Felix hates watching saturday telly wi the missus

Or maybe he'd booked a Friday night residency in the Rocking Chair with the reformed Felix Healy Showband?

Sam_Heggy
18/05/2011, 2:39 PM
In other news, Harps have wrote to the FAI requesting permission to play home games in Landsdown to cope with ticket demand. It's also requested that they relay the turf as Im not sure it's suitable to our style of football. They might be importing the turf from The Emerites in London for the summer.

Mr A
18/05/2011, 4:07 PM

Whether we play Friday or Saturday has never made any appreciable difference to our crowds.

This change is purely at the request of Healy and Hutton as they feel the players will be better prepared on a Saturday.

Lim till i die
18/05/2011, 5:13 PM
It's also requested that they relay the turf as Im not sure it's suitable to our style of football. They might be importing the turf from

http://www.getfreshpix.com/Photos/0LMNZ21/ZQDMFs4UGX218T.jpg

Good news about the Saturday tbf.

dong
18/05/2011, 7:29 PM
Whether we play Friday or Saturday has never made any appreciable difference to our crowds.

This change is purely at the request of Healy and Hutton as they feel the players will be better prepared on a Saturday.

Might make some sense I suppose when you have lads who might have to travel and having probably worked all week.
How is O'Grady doing for ye?

Charlie Darwin
18/05/2011, 7:52 PM
Always wondered why no Dublin teams play on Saturday. You'd think there'd be people who'd go to two matches on a weekend.

BonnieShels
18/05/2011, 8:32 PM
Always wondered why no Dublin teams play on Saturday. You'd think there'd be people who'd go to two matches on a weekend.

*resists direct bus comment*

Sam_Heggy
18/05/2011, 8:33 PM
How is O'Grady doing for ye?

Missed the last 4 games through injury, was supposed to train tonight but word is that he didnt make it back so the sooner he's back the better.

Martinho II
18/05/2011, 9:22 PM
good move for harps I reckon. isnt that their traditional night anyway? we would get more away support for a saturday compared to the norm thats for sure!

CSFShels
18/05/2011, 10:53 PM
Is this definitely going to stay the case for the season? Nothing worse for away fans (especially somewhere as far as Harps) to be chopping and changing.

bullit
18/05/2011, 11:06 PM
Will thursday week attendances tell or teach us anything about what days we should have matches on ??

El-Pietro
19/05/2011, 11:38 AM
great news, I'll be able to get to Finn park this season!

KevB76
19/05/2011, 12:26 PM
Super, thats one day less to take off work

Mr A
19/05/2011, 12:32 PM
Is this definitely going to stay the case for the season? Nothing worse for away fans (especially somewhere as far as Harps) to be chopping and changing.

Yes, there should not be any further changes as far as I know.

brendy_éire
19/05/2011, 2:57 PM
Good stuff!
Haven't been to Finn Park at all this season due to the Friday matches.
Should hopefully get to a good amount now, especially since 'The Tache' is back.

mypost
21/05/2011, 9:40 PM
Just posting this here as it gets the most views and people may be planning trips, accommodation etc.

Saturday nights at 7.45 from now on. (http://www.finnharps.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=571:finn-harps-change-to-saturday-night-football&catid=39:news-from-finn-park&Itemid=101)

Welcome back to the civilised game-scheduling world.

A move warmly welcomed by all thread posters so far. I think there's a message for the rest of us there.

Réiteoir
24/05/2011, 12:51 AM
Welcome back to the civilised game-scheduling world.

A move warmly welcomed by all thread posters so far. I think there's a message for the rest of us there.

"And like the cleaning of a house - it never ends..."