PDA

View Full Version : Away to Shels on Friday

Neil
12/11/2001, 11:17 PM
Are many going to Tolka on Friday?

Could one of our Dublin exiles post directions here for handy route from the Cork road to Tolka Park (if it's not too difficult to explain)?

Fagan's for pre-match I suppose, and Section A (same as last time) of the Main Stand for the game, yeah?

citylove
13/11/2001, 8:19 AM
I'll be there! Where are we all meeting? How far is tolka from o'connell St? Would I need to take a bus and what number?

Éanna
13/11/2001, 9:14 AM
I'll be up if some nice person can give me a lift down- either friday night or saturday morning, cos i'm workin on saturday! It's only a lift back I'll need, cos I'm travelling up from Limerick. Any takers? I'll be on my best behaviour! Pretty please? :D !

pete
13/11/2001, 11:52 AM
Most straightforward directions:
Follow up thru quays (mega traffic) onto O'Connell Street.
Head north towards Drumcondra, Santry, Airport from O'Connell Street or following no. 11 or 16 buses.

Meeting point:
Tis always Fagans.

FAO Éanna/anyone else
I'm driving (hopefully) down to Cork either Friday night after match or saturday morning if youse need a lift. Same goes for anyone else.....

Troy.McClure
13/11/2001, 3:56 PM
The No. 11 bus goes to St Patricks teachers college, Drumcondra (if Im correct). You can get the No. 11 from the GPO side of O'Connell St, its too far to walk. Section A sounds good, the atmosphere there the last time was unreal - better than any day at the Cross last season. Im sure it will be just as good again, it was fantastic at Dayler' a few weeks ago! :D

pete
13/11/2001, 4:14 PM
Aside from the fact it sounds like an area in a prison i'm not a big fan of that area. Depends on the crowd but maybe the riverside instead as can make a good bit of noise under that stand?

no. 11 bus definitely passes up Drumcondra Road & can get it opposite the Savoy cinema. Theres loads of no. 16 a b & c buses too at that time in the same area of O'Connell street too on their way to Santry/Airport.

Gary
13/11/2001, 4:15 PM
Where is Fagans? and what time are people heading in there for???

ccfcman
13/11/2001, 7:27 PM
best directions ever:
Aetel page 222
eircom league updates....

Neil
13/11/2001, 7:34 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Where is Fagans?
Fagan's is around the corner and over the bridge from Tolka Park.

Neil
13/11/2001, 8:02 PM
Originally posted by pete
Depends on the crowd but maybe the riverside instead as can make a good bit of noise under that stand?

I would have thought we'd be lost in the Riverside (that wasn't even full for the final game last season).

Either way we should make sure all City supporters are in the same section.

Ali-G
14/11/2001, 8:52 AM
I thought the reason we were put into section A the last time was because the match was live, and the cameras wanted the place to look full. It'll probably be the riverside stand friday night.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to ressurect the "Bohes till full time" chant
:D

Neil
14/11/2001, 9:51 AM
Originally posted by Ali-G
It'll probably be the riverside stand friday night.

Sounds good. Riverside it is so...

dalo
14/11/2001, 2:47 PM
I will be at the shels game siting in the riverside part of the ground. looking forward to it

Neil
14/11/2001, 9:53 PM
"Agadoo-do-do...
Shelbourne 1 Cork City 2,
Agadoo-do-do...
Shelbourne 1 Cork City 2"

Troy.McClure
15/11/2001, 5:30 PM
Only a chant with the melody of "Hey Baby" could be worse than that one Neil ;)

jbrazil
15/11/2001, 5:40 PM
Originally posted by Neil
"Agadoo-do-do...
Shelbourne 1 Cork City 2,
Agadoo-do-do...
Shelbourne 1 Cork City 2"

i think its very catchy!!

RedReb
15/11/2001, 5:40 PM
know loads who want 2 go but cant get home after the game cause theres no trains. there is a load of city fans gone up to ub40 who wanted to go to the game but again no transport home.