PDA

View Full Version : Richie Foran

Sheridan
17/06/2004, 1:26 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned here yet. Richie Foran signed for Motherwell yesterday. We tried to sign him recently, but couldn't meet his wages (I believe Rovers made him an offer he evidently could refuse too.)

Not good enough for Division Three, good enough for SPL. Hmm....

Plastic Paddy
17/06/2004, 1:32 PM

Come on Sheridan, you're better than that cheap shot. Surely your point should read as "too expensive for the Conference but affordable for one of the SPL also-rans", non?

:) PP

Dodge
17/06/2004, 1:39 PM
Andy Kirk (NI international) was Hearts top scorer last year and moved to Boston Utd recently. Apart from the big two the SPL is similar standerd to the eircom League. The big two are miles, miles ahead of the rest though

drinkfeckarse
17/06/2004, 2:56 PM

Not good enough for Division 3 :rolleyes: Foran was having major problems off the pitch at Carlisle...the court case among them from what I was aware. I don't think anybody doubted that he could do it, that is the reason why Oxford took him on loan while they were sitting at the top of the 3rd division, it just wasn't working out for him there. The fact that the then top team in the division thought him good enough says it all I would say.....

Sheridan
17/06/2004, 3:10 PM
Come on Sheridan, you're better than that cheap shot.
I can only beat what's put in front of me!

pineapple stu
17/06/2004, 6:10 PM
that is the reason why Oxford took him on loan while they were sitting at the top of the 3rd division

Did they ever take him on loan in the end? I have a feeling it was cancelled (looking at the Irish Times' updates on the Irish abroad); if not, don't think he ever played for them.

SPL is about as good as the eL, though (Celtic and Rangers apart) - there's no argument about that. Even thepast few European games show that (Bohs v. Aberdeen, Shels v. Kilmarnock, etc.) There's plenty of players have moved between the lower English leagues and the SPL in recent seasons as well.

drinkfeckarse
17/06/2004, 7:49 PM
Refuse to get drawn into an argument again regarding what league is better than what! ;) I'm sure I read somewhere that he did go on loan but got injured as soon as he got there so they sent him back after a month but I'm open to correction on it. Even if he didn't end up going, the fact that they wanted him at all is good enough for me! ;)