PDA

View Full Version : Shels v Town

Cabs88
16/05/2011, 6:02 PM
After a great start to the season we begin the second series away to shels. Miss friday night games up in Dublin so looking forward to this one. It wont be easy but i dont think we should go there with any fear, we should have got a result against them here and got a great result in Cork. If we can get a draw it would be a very good result, hopefully we get a decent crowd for it

outspoken
17/05/2011, 4:44 PM
Cant wait 4 this one my self should be a cracking game with a cracking atmosphere, im very confident wel pick up a good result here

outspoken
19/05/2011, 9:33 PM
Just read on extratime that Ozzie is doubtful 4 tomorrow night while Niall O'Reilly is suspended.

So who's gona play RB? Graham Dowling and Mick Lee still out also.

Martinho II
19/05/2011, 9:57 PM
Just read on extratime that Ozzie is doubtful 4 tomorrow night while Niall O'Reilly is suspended.

So who's gona play RB? Graham Dowling and Mick Lee still out also.

wonder will there be switchin in defence to allow paddy collins in from the start? its not the first time he will play from the start!

outspoken
19/05/2011, 10:02 PM
Paddy can play RB so I wouldn't shuffle up the back 4 too much Deans and Hope have been amazing this season.

Town Legend
20/05/2011, 7:04 PM
Why is it that our defence has been hit all season?!! Starting team against Shels has Lee, Dowling, O'Reilly and Deans missing from it.

L.T.F.C.
20/05/2011, 10:33 PM
Well that was a load of bollócks. Cowan missed a few, and guess who missed a sitter in front of goal?

Martinho II
20/05/2011, 11:46 PM
Well that was a load of bollócks. Cowan missed a few, and guess who missed a sitter in front of goal?
Cowan should have scored just after the restart.. lee roche missed a sitter for us. it was predictable that shels got the winner when our defendin from their cross was non existent to say the least .. Cathal Brady was MOM for me he worked hard all night.. Jacques Morley had a poor game and should being subbed earlier.. Cowan had so many chances during the second half and we actually should had a penalty as one of the shels stewards was heard to say that it was a peno for us. the refs and assts were shockin bad.. twice during the game aussie was jumped on his back by a shels player..The only good thing about tonight was the huge town away support who were vocal!

Bosco
21/05/2011, 10:28 AM
We were very hard done by not getting something out of the game.The shels goal came completely against the run of play and was a real kick in the teeth for us as we had been pressuring them for the 15 or 20 minutes before that.After shels know how to hold on to a lead,they kept the ball as much as they could and our lads seemed to have run out of steam in the last 10 or 15 mins.Cant really fault the lads though, they played very well, kept the ball on the ground as much as they can even when the ball was deep in our own half and temptation was there to just hoof it up.Don cowans strength and pace is really something else and its a real shame that he didnt convert one of his chances,if he had it would have been a totally different game.As Marty said, Cathal Brady was fantastic and I believe he is definitely a better option on the right wing then gillespie, he never stopped going the whole game and special mention to the time it looked as if it was going over his head for a throw from the kickout,he somehow got a touch with his head to knock it down the wing, he landed on the ground from the header, got straight up onto his feet and chased the ball the whole way down the wing and ended up winning a corner.I didnt think Morley had a bad game really, thought he was very good in the first half but then ran out of steam and ideas in the second half as I think a lot of defenders realise as the game goes on his preference for tricks and running at them and know how to deal with them....

All in all a dissapointing result but can't really fault the performance,as someone said a few weeks ago if we can change the 1-0 defeats away such as limerick,shels and monaghan into draws we'd be flying...

De Town
21/05/2011, 11:43 AM
I was fairly sickened coming out of Tolka last night having lost the game. Hunt was rarely threatened at all throughout the game, and I don't remember him having to make a decent save all game. No surprise to see the goal coming from Gary Cronin's side, he's a liability. Our back 4 did well though in general considering only 1 of the regular starting back 4 was playing. I had a feeling Don's 2 misses were going to come back to haunt us, as well as Lee Roche's shocker. Gillespie looked much better in the middle in my opinion, and Salmon was immense as usual. How he didn't win player of the year last year I still don't know, and he's not going to get it this year either because Don Cowan is playing so well. Salmon is the best midfielder we've had since Gary Deegan. A very disappointing result from what was a good performance.

outspoken
21/05/2011, 4:41 PM
Absolutely sickened, how we came away with nothing I'l never know even if we drew wed probably still be unlucky we really should have won, Don had some great chances, was it Salmon that hit the post? and roach missed a sitter.

Goal came from nothing and back 4 had been solid all night with Des Hope putting in a top class performance. Effort was unreal. I thought Gillespie did well in Middle he was kind of playing a holding roll just getting the ball down and keeping it moving.

I thought Morley played well and Bray was Brilliant.

TC got a lot of stick for his decision to take of Brady but I thought he was right because the one thing that did let Brady down was his crossing and thats 1 thing we know Walsh can do so I had no problem with the change.

Officials were a joke an women lino my God what a show - I'm not sure was it a peno I'd like to see it again but as someone said coming home wel play worse than that this year and win games so hopefully we can go on a roll again now with Wexford, Mervue and Harps in the cup coming up.

Martinho II
21/05/2011, 7:43 PM
I heard that Deansy will be out for five weeks.. thats a huge blow.. Graeme Dowling is close to coming back though.. I really hope that Cathal will play from the start more often otherwise Im afraid that he will get fed up and leave us.. That was KGs first ninety minutes for us so far..

howsyourtouch
22/05/2011, 1:12 AM
couldnt get to the game but bosco was keepin me informed throughout,sounded like we missed a very good oppertunity but should be very pleased with the performance! onwards and upwards, its not so often in the last few years we can be so optimistic about the rest of the season, bit of luck and we will be in the right place come the end of the season!

outspoken
22/05/2011, 8:54 AM
I heard that Deansy will be out for five weeks.. thats a huge blow.. Graeme Dowling is close to coming back though.. I really hope that Cathal will play from the start more often otherwise Im afraid that he will get fed up and leave us.. That was KGs first ninety minutes for us so far..

That would be a shocking blow as he and hope have been 1 of the best partnerships in the league this season. I'm hearing the same of Dowling but with such a long time out it might take him time to get going properly again.

And I agree I think Brady should be starting more but he's just been unlucky , I don't think he's the type of lad that will throw his toys out of the buggey however so I fully expect him to stay and fight 4 his place.

jafrazer
24/05/2011, 6:41 AM
HD Highlights, exclusive from ShelsTV

http://vimeo.com/24081634

outspoken
24/05/2011, 2:25 PM
Have to say it again, Shels TV credit to the league and their highlights are actually better than mns's premier division highlights. Anyway at the time I thought it was a dive and ive looked again, paused it, rewound it a few times and I still think it was a dive. As for ozzies tackle he didnt go over the top of the ball I think the ref must have seen it as a stamp but he was never in danger of a red, as for conan byrnes tackle it was awful.

Martinho II
24/05/2011, 10:24 PM
has anyone a link to the goals of our match on the shels website as I am getting a blank screen on stupid computer when there should be a link to play the video..:mad: