PDA

View Full Version : The Exiles Have Risen

Snatch
17/06/2004, 10:26 AM
Being exiled in Dublin has just become a little more tolerable. Last night a small but determined group of Cork City partisans gathered in a hostelry on the banks of the Liffey with the aim of consolidating the support for CCFC in Dublin.

No longer shall City fans billeted in Dublin have to make lonely treks to the city's ghettos with their City scarves hidden under their jackets to see our team play in Dalymount, Richmond Park etc. as the main objective of the Exiles is to organise a pre/post match meeting place. The secondary goal is to organise a bus from Dublin when City are playing in its environs like Longford, Drogheda etc. Plans for Exiles T-shirts and a banner have also been laid.

We are looking forward to more people coming along and enjoying the comradery of supporting Cork City in Dublin. Please spread the word to any Cork friends you have in Dublin.

The Exiles have risen. Watch this space.

ccfcman
17/06/2004, 10:31 AM
i remain in the real capital,but that sounds like a bang on idea,good luck in yer endevers lads

fight those dumpland oppressers! :mad:

NorthoftheLee
17/06/2004, 11:18 AM
well done to exile and all the other exiles for getting this off the ground.....

ian
17/06/2004, 11:36 AM
Ya lads best of luck with it. I will help you out with anything you need.

The best of luck again.

jofyisgod
17/06/2004, 5:26 PM
Great lads-hoping to see the banner in the shed pretty soon ;)
T-shirts-another great idea!Aren't ye just full of them! :D

In a few years, when i'm a bit older(only sweet sixteen now unfortuantely), i'd like to try and get one going in London/South England. I know of a few fans, and i saw a Dublin City jacket in Victoria last weekened, BTW. Madness! :eek: I couldn't get his attention though, he was gone in a flash.
A bit like his team from this Division.

Gary
17/06/2004, 6:17 PM
Are you actually from Cork Jofy? If so, what has ya in London?

Good to see the Dub fans finally get together, as Citys support up there needed to be consolidated, as far too many times, City support has been scattered around an away ground.

Eric
18/06/2004, 2:32 PM
There was only a couple of us there the other night but I reckon this idea could catch on nd hopefully will band all the City support together.

We decided to meet up in McDowells before the Rovers game on the 9th July. I know some people might be giving this game a miss for fear of trouble but hopefully there will be a good few there. Rovers fans don't drink in McDowells before games so we should have it to ourselves.

Spread the word to any fellow eXiles you know!!!

jofyisgod
18/06/2004, 5:41 PM
Are you actually from Cork Jofy?

Much to my annoyance, no! It's a fascinating story-

My Mam is from Cork, Blackrock in fact. She was holidaying in London, met the Dad, etc.They lived here, I was born here, but have been coming over to Cork every month or two for 16 years. It's like home, and it's a lot nicer than here. I started following City about 2 years ago(greatest day ever) thanks to a friend i Cork. August 11th 2002, Derry City-one of the old Sunday Lunch games. Loved City ever since. I used to kinda half-support Charlton, still have a soft spot for them, but i lost my love football for a few years till i went to see City. As they say, the rest is history...