PDA

View Full Version : MSC Final

Pages : [1] 2

Monkfish
15/05/2011, 5:20 PM
v Carrick. Cork stung 1-0 in the semi!

Lim till i die
16/05/2011, 1:31 AM
The hordes will be descending on Askeaton!!

Last one out of Limerick turn off the lights!!

cufc champions
16/05/2011, 6:59 AM
Where & when will this final be on?
Peter White will hopefully be playing against his hometown club for the 1st time.
Its our 2nd time in the final prevoiusly being beaten by Cork City in 2004 on the way we beat Cobh Ramblers 2-0.

gspain
16/05/2011, 8:10 AM
I imagine this will be played soon now with the end of the junior season in sight.

cufc champions
16/05/2011, 8:30 AM
I imagine this will be played soon now with the end of the junior season in sight.

We are finished anyway just waiting on this game.

cufc champions
16/05/2011, 12:06 PM
Fixed for Monday 23rd May in Carrick 7pm ko.

cufc champions
17/05/2011, 1:06 PM
The Munster Senior Cup final will take place on Monday May 23rd at Tom Drohan Park, Coolnamuck Road, Carrick-on-Suir, with the kick-off set at 7:00pm.

The final will be contested between Limerick FC and Carrick United. The Blues overcame Douglas Hall in the last four to guarantee their place in the final while junior side Carrick played out somewhat of a giant killing, overcoming Cork City by a solitary goal to nil.

Limerick have a proud history in the Munster Senior Cup winning it eleven times, most recently in 2006. While it may not be top of Pat Scully’s priority list, the Limerick fans would welcome some long awaited silverware to Shannonside.

For Carrick, the prize is a much bigger target. As a junior side, it would be a fantastic accomplishment for all involved, surpassing all the participating Airtricity League sides to claim the trophy in front of their home support.

gspain
17/05/2011, 9:01 PM
Coming from Dublin I assume via Waterford is the best route.

Any chance of directions to the ground from the bypass.

bluewhitearmy
17/05/2011, 9:16 PM
The Munster Senior Cup final will take place on Monday May 23rd at Tom Drohan Park, Coolnamuck Road, Carrick-on-Suir, with the kick-off set at 7:00pm.

The final will be contested between Limerick FC and Carrick United. The Blues overcame Douglas Hall in the last four to guarantee their place in the final while junior side Carrick played out somewhat of a giant killing, overcoming Cork City by a solitary goal to nil.

Limerick have a proud history in the Munster Senior Cup winning it eleven times, most recently in 2006. While it may not be top of Pat Scully’s priority list, the Limerick fans would welcome some long awaited silverware to Shannonside.

For Carrick, the prize is a much bigger target. As a junior side, it would be a fantastic accomplishment for all involved, surpassing all the participating Airtricity League sides to claim the trophy in front of their home support.

Wouldnt even count this cup being honest. There should be none of out starting players playing in this game when we have Salthill on Thursday already lost Chris Breen for weeks over it.

cufc champions
18/05/2011, 7:02 AM
Coming from Dublin I assume via Waterford is the best route.

Any chance of directions to the ground from the bypass.
Head on the n24 towards Limerick Carrick is 18 miles on that road, when you come into the town go left at traffic lights up New Street, then go left over New Bridge, stay on this road until you come to a shop and a pub in Carrick Beg and then go right by the grotto, tom drohan park is about a mile ahead on your right hand side.

Will many of your fans make the trip down?

cufc champions
18/05/2011, 7:05 AM
Wouldnt even count this cup being honest. There should be none of out starting players playing in this game when we have Salthill on Thursday already lost Chris Breen for weeks over it.

I was thinking that when I read it on extratime.ie, Hopefully ye will have a few regulars, Cork had 8 starting that started they previous Friday night.

lfc at heart
18/05/2011, 8:06 PM
how many of the Limeirck first team will play

Jofspring
18/05/2011, 8:52 PM
Nothing against this Cup but I would hope none. Last thing we need is the likes of Frost, Hynes or Purcell getting injured. I'm sure a few players that have had bit parts so far this season will get a run as well as some A players. Over the next 11 days we will be playing Finn Harps (Friday), Carrick (Monday), Salthill(Thursday) and Cork City(Monday). We need to keep as many injury free as possible.

Without seeing the A team yet this season maybe going with a team like this would be the best.

Dave Ryan

Broughall White Calla Bhandarkar

O Connor Yellow Donnan Dunisha

Coughlan McGann

Thats a few first teamers thrown in there and also a few lads that are or where on the fringes of the first team. A few more A players on the bench then. Its a young team but it will be a good physical game for them against Carrick.

gael353
18/05/2011, 11:34 PM
Playing a 4 2 3 1 formation
Ryan (one of them)
White, Lavin, O'Callaghan, Bhandaker
Donnan, O'Leary
McGorrian, Coughlan, Brosnahan
McGann

bluewhitearmy
19/05/2011, 1:09 AM
Dave Ryan injured so may aswell give Cusack a chance in goal.

sadloserkid
19/05/2011, 12:22 PM
Given the team that was put out against Douglas and Waterford I suspect Scully's line-up will be considerably stronger than the ones we're predicting here?

bluewhitearmy
19/05/2011, 12:43 PM
Given the team that was put out against Douglas and Waterford I suspect Scully's line-up will be considerably stronger than the ones we're predicting here?

We didnt have 4 games in 10 days when we played Douglas and we didnt play Waterford in MSC.

Lim till i die
19/05/2011, 12:45 PM
If he was able but Salthill on the Thursday and Cork on the Monday after....

I'll take a stab (hee hee hee) at something like:

Ryan
Broughall
Lavin
Calla
Bhandaker
McGann
Coleman
White
Coughlan
O'Connor
Brosnan

Monkfish
19/05/2011, 11:42 PM
SLK lives! :waving:

joeSoap
20/05/2011, 9:55 AM
Welcome back Dar...

cufc champions
20/05/2011, 10:10 AM
Will many Limerick fans come down for a look on monday evening???

razor
20/05/2011, 11:38 AM
I was thinking that when I read it on extratime.ie, Hopefully ye will have a few regulars, Cork had 8 starting that started they previous Friday night.Only 3 City players that started against Shels last Friday, started the Carrick game.

cufc champions
20/05/2011, 12:00 PM
Only 3 City players that started against Shels last Friday, started the Carrick game.

Apologises 8 first team regulars as your own website said.

razor
20/05/2011, 12:16 PM
Apologises 8 first team regulars as your own website said.
I think only Danny Murphy, who was suspended for Shels, could be added to the 3 as first team regulars
Although Davin, Kalen and Graham came on as subs

bluewhitearmy
20/05/2011, 12:21 PM
I think only Danny Murphy, who was suspended for Shels, could be added to the 3 as first team regulars
Although Davin, Kalen and Graham came on as subs

Should really take that up with whoever writes for your webite seen as thats where cufc got it.

joeSoap
20/05/2011, 2:55 PM
Keep it on topic lads. Any problems with the Cork City website should be discussed in the Cork forum.

Thanks

sadloserkid
22/05/2011, 3:34 PM
We didnt have 4 games in 10 days when we played Douglas and we didnt play Waterford in MSC.

League Cup/Munster Senior Cup... Mickey and Minney really. The fixture congestion is a fair point. I still want us to win the game I have to say, it might motivate the players to further silverware (not that it worked out that way back in '06 I'll admit!)

Welcome back Dar...

SLK lives! :waving:

Cheers lads.

bluepowers
22/05/2011, 10:18 PM
............................S.Cusack.............. .............
Broughall ...... O Callaghan .......McCarthy .....Bhandarker
S O Connor ........ White ..... O Leary ..... Breen
.....................Coughlan ...... O Flynn................

goin for a 2-0 limerick win :)

Mission Bell
23/05/2011, 8:22 AM
Carrick Utd on penalties!

cufc champions
23/05/2011, 2:20 PM
Decent crowd expected in Carrick tonight in the region of 600- 700 i have heard touted around with alot of interest from waterford and tipperary sure to bolster the crowd, hopefully it continues to stay dry for the evening.

CraftyToePoke
23/05/2011, 2:23 PM
Does anyone know if this one will be on the match tracker on extratime.ie ?

Jofspring
23/05/2011, 2:41 PM
Does anyone know if this one will be on the match tracker on extratime.ie ?

It doesn't seem to be on the tracker now. If it's being tracked it's usually up at the moment.

Lim till i die
23/05/2011, 2:55 PM
Decent crowd expected in Carrick tonight in the region of 600- 700 i have heard touted around with alot of interest from waterford and tipperary sure to bolster the crowd, hopefully it continues to stay dry for the evening.

Is there a force 57 gale blowing down there aswell. :eek:

Could be a tricky one this!

bluewhitearmy
23/05/2011, 3:10 PM
It doesn't seem to be on the tracker now. If it's being tracked it's usually up at the moment.

There will be updates im bringing down the lad that does em.

CraftyToePoke
23/05/2011, 3:13 PM

There is a preview of tonights game so I'm hoping. They recently covered a junior game I think, maybe a Pike one.

Jofspring
23/05/2011, 3:39 PM

Nice one.

CraftyToePoke
23/05/2011, 3:48 PM

Good man.

Jofspring
23/05/2011, 7:39 PM
Edit: Carrick 1-0 Limerick FT

If anyone has any idea of the team that would be great.

Well Done Carrick.

razor
23/05/2011, 8:29 PM
Carrick won 1-0

Shannonsider
23/05/2011, 9:40 PM
Team was: David Ryan, Broughall, O' Callaghan, B.McCarthy, Bhandarker

Coleman, O Leary, White, O' Connor ,
McGann, Coughlan

bluewhitearmy
23/05/2011, 10:54 PM
Sorry lads he was menat to do updates but something went wrong that he couldnt(think it was just too cold to take his hands out of his pocket).

Bad game with wind making it hard for anyone to do much not helped by our hoofing really..Thought we should have had at least one pen and Tracy hit post with a free.

Only thing id really take form the game is teh sooner that Sean O Connor is gone the better.

Well done Carrick deserved it.

Monkfish
23/05/2011, 11:14 PM
Well done to Carrick on their fine win, may not have been the strongest Limerick team but they can only beat whats in front of them. My only hope is that some of the deadwood on show tonight gets fcuked off sooner than an American president from Ireland on a wet Monday.

da bishop
24/05/2011, 6:20 AM
while the MSC is very much the last competition on our priorty list we should be beating a junior team,especially in a cup final,no matter what team is put out.

gspain
24/05/2011, 7:28 AM
Well done to Carrick and well deserved.

Disappointing performance. The wind didn't help but as they say it was the same for both sides.

Got to beat Salthill on Thursday and if so won't look too bad.

Mission Bell
24/05/2011, 8:26 AM
Historic night in Tom Drohan Park last evening with the winning of the Munster Senior Cup. This was the last year that Junior teams were allowed in the competition.
An amazing bunch of players who have won 9 Premier league titles in the last twelve years, 2 Munster Junior Cups, 1 FAI Junior Cup and now the Munster Senior Cup.
Well done to Brian Barry, his coaching team and squad.
A massive crowd along with the local Brass Band which provided a great atmosphere.

gspain
24/05/2011, 9:02 AM
Historic night in Tom Drohan Park last evening with the winning of the Munster Senior Cup. This was the last year that Junior teams were allowed in the competition.An amazing bunch of players who have won 9 Premier league titles in the last twelve years, 2 Munster Junior Cups, 1 FAI Junior Cup and now the Munster Senior Cup.
Well done to Brian Barry, his coaching team and squad.
A massive crowd along with the local Brass Band which provided a great atmosphere.

If you can't beat them kick them out. You have to be allowed defend your title.

Given the crowd and the occasion I thought the MFA would be praying you reach the final next year.

cufc champions
24/05/2011, 10:49 AM
Great result for Carrick but a poor game in truth which was ruined by a strong wind blowing directly down the field. Glen Keane hit the winner with 20 mins left and Carrick had to withhold some corners and freekicks at the end but defended manfully, Anthony O'Donnel and Wayne Fitzgerald were immense at Centre Back. Scully's face cut a picture after game he was fuming with his players. Unfortunately this is the last time a junior team can win this as there is a new Munster junior league winners cup next year that we will be looking to win as well.
A big crowd turned out, which included a decent turnout from limerick but the Munster council should really hold their heads in shame charging 10 euros in, when a 5r would have had sufficed

abbeyvale
24/05/2011, 1:09 PM
Is this the same Carrick team that struggled to beat a division 1A side in the semi final of this seasons MJC?

Mission Bell
24/05/2011, 1:31 PM
Is this the same Carrick team that struggled to beat a division 1A side in the semi final of this seasons MJC?

More or less, minus four absentees through injury etc.
By the way it is also similar to the team which beat Pike last year in the MJC in Limerick!

theballboy
24/05/2011, 10:59 PM
Guys its a disgrace to be beaten and not make an honest effort to win this trophy fairplay to carrick to show great ambition, why limerick entered it i dont know, i hate to say because im a season ticket holder but why such a lack of respect was shown for a trophy.