PDA

View Full Version : Tarmac Tarmac Everywhere

paudie
16/06/2004, 3:31 PM
When buying tickets at the Cross yesterday I noticed that at the st Annes End the areas at the side of the seats and above them leading out to the gate had been or were being tarmacadamed.

This is to comply with UEFA licencing not allowing any gravel areas in the ground.

Now what will we throw at Rovers fans the next time they visit? :(

tiktok
16/06/2004, 3:34 PM
hasn't that been done with ages now, I'm sure most of that had been completed well before the Rovers game

pete
16/06/2004, 3:39 PM
hasn't that been done with ages now, I'm sure most of that had been completed well before the Rovers game

Nope, my last "home" game was Rovers @ the cross & definitely still just the compacted hardcore (gravel not the supprters) at the St Annes sides.

IMO good move for the club as can kinda link with the higher ticket prices. People like to see some investment of funds.

Dodge
16/06/2004, 3:40 PM
Nope, my last "home" game was Rovers @ the cross & definitely still just the compacted hardcore (gravel not the supprters) at the St Annes sides.

IMO good move for the club as can kinda link with the higher ticket prices. People like to see some investment of funds.
Streching it a bit saying that doubling the price equates to a bit of tarmac...

They wer still all there at the Pats game too BTW

Colm
16/06/2004, 3:44 PM
When we were out in the Cross sorting the flags last night I had a stroll around the stadium and they're after doing a lot of small but neccessary things.
The St. Annes end has been fully tarmaced and new kerbs have been put in place.
They've tarmaced the path behind the Derrynane stand and also the path by the club shop.
It also looks like they're putting a new gate at the far side of the Shed (by the Corner). It seems like it will be back a bit further from the road than before.

max power
16/06/2004, 3:45 PM
When buying tickets at the Cross yesterday I noticed that at the st Annes End the areas at the side of the seats and above them leading out to the gate had been or were being tarmacadamed.

This is to comply with UEFA licencing not allowing any gravel areas in the ground.

Now what will we throw at Rovers fans the next time they visit? :(

should have got rody and his mates in, he could have laid a nice bit of carpet

Pablo
16/06/2004, 3:47 PM
I had a stroll around the stadium .

what a man. even during the week the lure of the cros is too much for hin :)

taking stroll now too Colm? tut tut :)

Colm
16/06/2004, 3:57 PM
what a man. even during the week the lure of the cros is too much for hin :)

taking stroll now too Colm? tut tut :)

It seems as if none of us can resist the lure of the Cross these days! ;) :)

Pablo
16/06/2004, 4:00 PM
fair play though. at the end of all the work it wii be the best ground in the league by a fair stretch

pete
16/06/2004, 5:03 PM
Streching it a bit saying that doubling the price equates to a bit of tarmac...

Yeah i know but IMO as good a time as any (excluding uefa licences requirements) to make improves especially when big crowded predicted

jofyisgod
16/06/2004, 5:12 PM
Yeah i know but IMO as good a time as any (excluding uefa licences requirements) to make improves especially when big crowded predicted

Yeah, I mean it's all good. It really nice to see the club actually making an effort after only recently seeing $h€l$ completely disregard UEFA pitch entrance regulations (with the balloon incident), and it shows that the club care and want to move onwards and upwards.

Snatch
16/06/2004, 10:51 PM
While discussing infrastructural improvements to the Cross, is there any plans to extend the Donie Forde Stand down as towards the St. Anne's end? If joined up with the St. Anne's end it would look very impressive, add to the atmosphere and add a few hundred new seats which might be needed soon as we should have a big matches to look forward to. I don't know why it wasn't built all the way down in the first place.

GavinZac
17/06/2004, 3:45 AM
While discussing infrastructural improvements to the Cross, is there any plans to extend the Donie Forde Stand down as towards the St. Anne's end? If joined up with the St. Anne's end it would look very impressive, add to the atmosphere and add a few hundred new seats which might be needed soon as we should have a big matches to look forward to. I don't know why it wasn't built all the way down in the first place.

because the saint anns was still what was know as the hill?

Dodge
17/06/2004, 9:20 AM
Absolutely. Fair play to them for putting the work in, and hopefully any new fans will be impressed enough to stay BUT it was the price thing I was having a go at...

NorthoftheLee
17/06/2004, 10:15 AM
Absolutely. Fair play to them for putting the work in, and hopefully any new fans will be impressed enough to stay BUT it was the price thing I was having a go at...

Besides tarmacing more or less 3/4 of the walking area of the ground, the club has also had to change a couple of the entrance gates..under the license all gates must open outwards, which means a good bit of work is needed at the derrynane/shed entrance in particular...besides that there has been a lot of other smaller upgrades done..It all adds up, plus I'm sure they have furhter things to improve too.....for a once off payment I'm sure most people wont mind coughing up a couple of extra quid for the game...

ccfcman
17/06/2004, 10:23 AM
fair play though. at the end of all the work it wii be the best ground in the league by a fair stretch IMO it already is really,maybe lungeforward's flancare park is better but wit nooooooo atmosphere due to its location and strange fans!

jofyisgod
17/06/2004, 5:20 PM
I'm sure most people wont mind coughing up a couple of extra quid for the game...

Unless any Scottish tourists happen to be in the area. :p (sorry)

If we win, it would be a historic day-surely that's worth €4?

Eric
18/06/2004, 2:26 PM
.under the license all gates must open outwards, which means a good bit of work is needed at the derrynane/shed entrance in particular...

Is that the entrance stiles you're on about or the big exit gates??? Wouldn't make much sense to have them opening out onto the public footpath causing a big obstruction. Thought it would've meant more sense to leave them open inwards

SÓC
18/06/2004, 2:34 PM
Is that the entrance stiles you're on about or the big exit gates??? Wouldn't make much sense to have them opening out onto the public footpath causing a big obstruction. Thought it would've meant more sense to leave them open inwards
As far as I can make out;
The gates on the street open inwards, inside them there is a gap then another set of gates that open outwards.
Its a safety regulation that the gates have to open outwards so during a match the outter inward opening gates will be left open and the innner out opening gate will be closed but ready to open without outstruction if needs be.

Eric
18/06/2004, 2:45 PM
so during a match the outter inward opening gates will be left open and the innner out opening gate will be closed but ready to open without outstruction if needs be.

:confused: :confused:

liamon
18/06/2004, 3:33 PM
the outter inward opening gates will be left open and the innner out opening gate will be closed but ready to open . :confused: :( :confused:
Thanks for clarifying that. :p

sullanefc
18/06/2004, 6:31 PM

Its fire regulations. All shops, restaurants, pubs etc are required to have there exit doors opening outwards in the case of a fire. It makes sense really, everyone rushing out in a fire would just push the door outwards as opposed to stopping and pulling it open.

Counting Crow
19/06/2004, 9:20 AM
We're in trouble so if a fire starts in one of those porta loos at the St Anne's end.......... :D

GavinZac
21/06/2004, 10:06 AM
the existing gates were now left open, but they've put up an inner gate away from the road which is closed, but swings outwards for biys to scaater.

:ball: