PDA

View Full Version : Contempt.

Red Army
12/05/2011, 2:19 PM
Why do some clubs threat sections of their own support with contempt? I was watching the Pats Shamrock game the other day and saw Pats had a section of their own support segregated from the rest of the Pats support. Had a nosey on saintsforum to see what was the reason seems it hasn't gone down well. Noticed on Drogs forum some of their fans have a issue with the club too. When crowds aren't great in this league you'd wonder what's the point been so petty.

Lim till i die
12/05/2011, 2:38 PM
Why do some clubs threat sections of their own support with contempt? I was watching the Pats Shamrock game the other day and saw Pats had a section of their own support segregated from the rest of the Pats support. Had a nosey on saintsforum to see what was the reason seems it hasn't gone down well. Noticed on Drogs forum some of their fans have a issue with the club too. When crowds aren't great in this league you'd wonder what's the point been so petty.

Familiarity breeds contempt??

PartySaint
12/05/2011, 2:39 PM
The SEI lads have moved from the Inchicore end into the stand and have had nothing but hassle from the club over it, They have to jump through ridiculous hoops just to move from one stand to another, ridiculous stuff

Lim till i die
12/05/2011, 2:41 PM
A lot of clubs are pretty desperate for the family dollar imo, they're your big spenders in the ground and if trying to attract families means you have to alienate some of your more loyal (foul mouthed, drunken) support, then it's a price a lot of clubs are willing to pay.

Now whether it's fellas cursing and acting the maggot or third world facilities that are keeping families away is of course another debate.

Cuyahoga
12/05/2011, 2:44 PM
I saw that. I thought it was because a section of support like to stand up,so they had a space between them and those seated so they wouldnt be blocking their view. By the way do you mean treat and not threat ?

horton
12/05/2011, 8:46 PM
I'd assume so, he typed that from his phone so probably never noticed.

MMVIII
12/05/2011, 9:55 PM
From what some SEI lads have said on other forums, the stewards in Richmond Park are quite the horrible bunch. Throwing lads out for anything and everything.

bullit
12/05/2011, 10:30 PM
From what some SEI lads have said on other forums, the stewards in Richmond Park are quite the horrible bunch. Throwing lads out for anything and everything.
Do they include the football they have too endure !! ? :D

Sam_Heggy
13/05/2011, 1:49 PM
Sounds familiar.............

nigel-harps1954
14/05/2011, 2:53 PM
Nudge nudge, wink wink, some Longford guy.