PDA

View Full Version : Team for the Malmo Game

NorthoftheLee
16/06/2004, 11:21 AM
With everyone bar hoggie and stephen o'flynn back in action what are peoples feeling on who should be in the starting 11 for Saturdays game??

with doyle back, who should start upfront.....do we keep doyle on the bench to come on with 30 to go or do we play the lot from the go and drop billy on the right??

pete
16/06/2004, 11:25 AM
Greg will get benefit of the doubt at right back, rest of defense picks itself.
Doyle & O'Flynn up front with Fenn on the bench?

I think Dolan will pick Doyler on the right midfield eventhough he much better in attack. Nwanko could lose out to Billy in midfield...

thecorner
16/06/2004, 11:46 AM
Bit of a tough one

not a big fan of behan but id nearly go with him on saturday..
they seem to be a big team and at least he will hustle and bustle with them.

same as last friday night with flynny in for fenn and nwanko in for kearney.

keep doyler in reserve.
he might have been with fit for limerick but malmo will be a different story

tiktok
16/06/2004, 12:02 PM
it really depend son who's fit and who'll be risked, I don't think Dolan will think twice about putting Doyler and Flynny in, seeing as they played against Limerick, only doubt is Nwankwo/Kearney..
Woods should be dropped, we need to keep it tight and he offers no cover to the full back, especially on the right

Devine
Greg Murray Benno Murphy
Doyle George Colin Nwankwo
O'Flynn Fenn

I think Behan has the best shot of appearing after that, he's big enough to throw himself about and mix it with them

thecorner
16/06/2004, 12:10 PM
Devine
Greg Murray Benno Murphy
O'Flynn Fenn

well, that would be out strongest 11 but as i said,for this game id nearly prefer behan in there

ccfcman
16/06/2004, 12:54 PM
Devine
Greg Murray Benno Murphy
Doyle Mucka Colin Nwankwo
O'Flynn George

ccfcman
16/06/2004, 12:55 PM
predictions for the match?malmo are about spurs status so 4-o city! :D

Pablo
16/06/2004, 1:48 PM
we all have our opinions but anythinh other than

Devine
Greg Murray Benno Murphy
O'Flynn Fenn

and i'd be very suprised. woods ahead of doyle if he's not 100%

pete
16/06/2004, 2:06 PM
We all know how good Kearney is when playing for the national side and its gonna be that kind of game where the pushing and shoving will be second to technique and flair.

You clearly not seen many scandanavian teams. They generally have good technique but also very strong physically. I know they are Norwegian but Rosenborg were very strong at dalymount last year.

thecorner
16/06/2004, 2:27 PM
Subs : Behan, Woods, Fenn, Mc Nulty, Byrne

never once seen dolan put a sub keeper ont he bench,dont think hes gonna start now

thecorner
16/06/2004, 2:44 PM
from malmo fan on citynet (www.eirways.com)

Reading the newspaper today the following players are unlikely to play in Cork Mattias Asper (goalkeeper), Joel Ringstrom (2nd goalie), Jon Inge Hoiland, Olof Persson, Andreas Yngvesson. The team suggested is Joakim mober (GK) - Majstorovic, Thommie Persson, Glen Holgersson - Hasse Mattisson, thomas olsson, Afonso Alves, Tobias Grahn, Jose Luis Birche De Souz - Samuel Barlay, Darko Lukanovic (3-5-2). Subs Josef Elanga, Behrang Safari, Reginaldo traves, Joel Ringstrom, Niklas Skoog- seemingly a fgew injury worries anh tose players are rested in Cork, I guess expect to see them in Malmö if the game is hanging anywhere in the balance

was looking forward to seeing partrick anderson

but we could have a real chance now....alfonso supposed to be dangerous though

Colm
16/06/2004, 2:57 PM
Devine
Greg Murray Benno Murphy
O'Flynn Fenn

That's our strongest line-up so that's what we've got to play. It's going to be a difficult game but hopefully we'll get a good result and still have something to play for in Malmo next week.

ian
16/06/2004, 3:18 PM
Lads I was on the malmo web site today and they are full of them selfs 'that they are going to win on sat night. They are saying on there site that there planning to go to holland and not cork. They are saying that they should win good in cork on sat night what a cheek. COME ON CORK CITY. :p :p

pete
16/06/2004, 3:22 PM
I know I shouldn't be saying it but in some (not many) ways would be better if tie over with after first leg so those travelling for 2nd leg could enjoy without stressiung over result ;)

NorthoftheLee
16/06/2004, 3:26 PM
I know I shouldn't be saying it but in some (not many) ways would be better if tie over with after first leg so those travelling for 2nd leg could enjoy without stressiung over result ;)

well ya, if city win 6-0 then we will all be stress free.:D......

if it is tight then stress free on friday and saturday and we can stress all day sunday.....

I'd personnally go along with tiktoks/Colms team.play your strongest............

niamh
16/06/2004, 3:48 PM
It is in the Star today that City are flying to Sweden on Thursday to give them the best chance in the game. "sparing no cost" they call it.

Colm
16/06/2004, 3:53 PM
It is in the Star today that City are flying to Sweden on Thursday to give them the best chance in the game. "sparing no cost" they call it.

Yeah the teams is flying out Thursday and coming home on Monday.

ccfcman
17/06/2004, 9:51 AM
alfonso supposed to be dangerous though
please say thats not the alfonso who was with real betis and barcelona beacause he is one of the best spainsh forwards from the late 90's early 00's,who was un licky never to get ahead of raúl and moerientes for the spanish national side

tiktok
17/06/2004, 9:56 AM
it's a different alfonso, luckily enough ;)

ccfcman
17/06/2004, 10:01 AM
phew*strange smell of fear gone*

if lausanne(swiss i know)gotenburg are any thing to go by,teams from the continent over the last few years have built squad on solid,pacey home country players.whatever about optomism,lets have realism,are these ulrika johnsons gonna take us to the cleaners

thecorner
17/06/2004, 12:34 PM
it's a different alfonso, luckily enough ;)

we know that but he still supposed to be dangerous :eek:

ifk101
17/06/2004, 1:59 PM
Lads I was on the malmo web site today and they are full of them selfs 'that they are going to win on sat night. They are saying on there site that there planning to go to holland and not cork. They are saying that they should win good in cork on sat night what a cheek. COME ON CORK CITY. :p :p

"Med malmöitisk kaxighet räknar vi såklart med att Cork City blir en enkel match för pågarna. Därefter blir det lite svårare. Häng med till tulpanernas land och stötta di'blåe.
Den 3:e juli möter Malmö FF det holländska laget N.E.C Nijmegen i Intertoto-cupen. MFF Support har fixat till ett behändigt resepaket för alla resesugna himmelsblå. För endast 1195 riksdaler får du en himmelsblå weekend i Nijmegen. "

Basically this is translated as follows; "With malmoisk confidence we consider the match with cork will be easy for our boys. After that it will be a little bit harder. Come to the land of the tulops and support the blues. The third of july Malmo meets the Dutch NEC in the intertoto cup. MFF support has arranged a handy trip package for all holiday hungary malmo supporters. For only SEK 1195 can you have a trip to Nijmegen

pete
17/06/2004, 3:29 PM
Basically this is translated as follows; "With malmoisk confidence we consider the match with cork will be easy for our boys. After that it will be a little bit harder. Come to the land of the tulops and support the blues. The third of july Malmo meets the Dutch NEC in the intertoto cup. MFF support has arranged a handy trip package for all holiday hungary malmo supporters. For only SEK 1195 can you have a trip to Nijmegen

Maybe someone should let the players or Dolan know about this...

sullanefc
17/06/2004, 4:37 PM
I've emailed it to info@corkcityfc.ie

Colm
17/06/2004, 5:00 PM

I hope ye all pay for ye're trip to Holland and that we'll beat you and ye won't be able to get a refund. I would serve ye right, cocky Swedish assholles!

btw, the Odra fans were already arranging their trip to Czech Republic before they played Rovers last year aswell. Look what happened in that game!

ifk101
18/06/2004, 7:20 AM
posted by sundis june 11th 2004 with regards to malmo's trip to holland for the intertoto match

"Tack Support för att ni anordnar resa! Helt okej precis dessutom!

Hoppas vi blir många som sluter upp!

Resan har ett bra upplägg. Har ju en hel dag i staden innan matchen + att man kan hitta på nåt efter matchen också. Gjutet med övernattning!"

translates:

thanks support for arranging the trip (trip to holland)! completely okay as well!

hope that many sign up!

the trip has a good timing. it is a bank holiday the day before the match (match in holland) and one can find something after the match as well. great with over night stay.

derm
18/06/2004, 2:48 PM
I'd play:

Devine

Greg Benno Dan Danny

Doyler C.T. Nwanko Kearney

Georgie

JOF

4-5-1 has always been de Euro formation ;). Fenn loses out despite his improvements (but could bring him on for Kearney and drop George back and there we have de team that Pat's probably gonna play.) As Malmo are playing 3-5-2 wingers could be important on de break hence Kearney and Doyle - Billy hasn't shone for me. Nwanko to revert to his favourite position and George to lay off to Jofy. RB a toss up between Greg, Lordan and Billy but Greg's combativeness and experience wins out.

SSS
19/06/2004, 1:56 PM
I just heard a rumour that Lordan could be starting instead of Greg at RB???

Hope I'm wrong.

I heard that the team is as follows: Devine, Lordan, Murray, Murphy, Bennet, Woods, O'Callaghan, O'Brien, Nwankwo, Flynn and Fenn.

I'd be very surprised with that unless Greg has been injured in training.
Lordan wasn't even on the bench against Limerick - a game when anyone comong back from injury would have played