PDA

View Full Version : my team for tonight

max power
15/06/2004, 11:20 AM
GOALS : anyone who'll make an effort to pass the ball, not hoof.

DEFENCE : anyone who'll bother playing the ball on the ground

MIDFIELD : anyone who'll tackle and make an effort

STRIKERS : simple, anyone who'll score

put simple its time for players to earn their wages and play for the jersey and not the pay packet.....

i know its not a very nice post but the time has come to speak the truth...

only a few players fit the above bill and i think we know who they are......

De Town
15/06/2004, 12:24 PM
Couldnt agree more max. We need to start to play FOOTBALL not this hoofing Sh*t that we seem to love to play.

max power
15/06/2004, 2:47 PM
any major team plays the short ball with the keeper, we have the players that are able to do it, who mentioned short corners ???? but every time digger gets the ball at his feet its a long pointless hoof up the park and in 10 secs the ball is back on top of him again, sean prunty always makes himself available but no passes, big high ball up to barrett and baker, sensible stuff eh !!!! :mad:

bigfoot
15/06/2004, 3:55 PM
Any good teams play the ball from the back on the ground! No need for your keeper to launch long balls up to Barret and Baker, neither are the best in the air to be honest!

max power
15/06/2004, 11:10 PM
Come on now Max, most goalkeepers of "major teams" take a long kick out. Very seldom will you see a keeper take a short kick out - it puts the full backs under enormous pressure. You've got to get the ball to half way at least. Eh, not very pretty but ......................

cop on, hope you were at the game tonight, short ball football on the ground from the keeper out and heart and guts all over the pitch and........

LTFC 2 DC 0, lads thanks a million, it was a pleasure to see football played at flancare.......stephen kenny was beside me in the second half and even said how impressive we were.....man of the match was pip, ran midfield and pulled all the strings...roll on another semi :)

the 12 th man
16/06/2004, 7:28 AM
YES WE RE BACK!!!!,
well i think we showed last night we could play football
as in only about 25% of usual long balls, with the ball to feet utilised to deadly effect instead.
so many good performances out there as max said philip keogh back to something like his best as a midfield play maker.steve paisley back after injury and showing no rustiness as he played a stormer.
eric lavine did himself no harm at all staking a place for a start as he played well, out jumping the dub city defence on numerous occasions and also
holding the ball up brilliantly to give time for his team mates to get involved.

sean prunty was always available for the ball and worked tirelessly as did shane barrett who ran his legs off and finally got that goal that has been threating for ages.the whole team performed well as a unit

btw,thanks to max power for showing me and the boys an alternative route through longford town as we were running late for the game and we spotted max ahead of us in the traffic, so we followed him.
the route involved driving on footpaths (2 wheels up),through the rere of disused petrol stations,across peoples back gardens and a few laneways to bring us out at the flansiro 5 mins before kick off.......memorable :D

Wiseguy
16/06/2004, 8:26 AM
Yeah it was a pretty good performance,played some nice football at times although DC did stretch us a few times in the 1st half and were probably a bit unlucky to go in 1-0 down.I thought Pip got pushed and bossed around a lot although his passing was good and although Murph offers a lot of energy in there centre midfield is not his position.All was steady enough at the back although Paiso likes to get the ball forward a bit to quickly at times but his defending was pretty solid.I think Sean Dillon becomes more reliable with every game.Sean Prunty was superb and was only outshone by Shane Barrett who ran himself into the ground.That kind of effort is appreciated by everyone and himself and Lavine look good together.I thought Vinny's performance in goals at half time was a bit suspect although Digger did score more goals than the whole team put together this season.Maybe we're approaching this all wrong.I think all in all it was a good performance and a deserved result even if the ref was a joker.2 of the most blatant penalties i have ever seen.A good win in Derry saturday night to get the season started and as was evident last night when we play ball were very good so more of that please.

the 12 th man
16/06/2004, 11:47 AM
thought "section o" looked very lonely last night .although the boys "claimed"
one end of the stand :D

max power
16/06/2004, 1:11 PM
oh as a matter of interest i asked stephen kenny would he sign darragh sheridan, so thats two managers have turned down my idea, but i'm not giving up...

btw, i counted 22 passes in one phase last night....

just one other point, two complete fools were sittin behind me and everything we passed the ball back to start our push forward again they complain, we were one up at the time, has no one ever heard of posession football......they wanted hoofball, must be releated to certain people...

oh yeah and digger didn't do that good at half time, he put one ball out into the carpark :D

gheewhizz
16/06/2004, 9:44 PM
oh yeah and digger didn't do that good at half time, he put one ball out into the carpark :D

Well At least Digger went after the ball ;) Fair duce to you digger ;) The whole Team did well last night, have to say Lavine was outstanding, he keeped the ball well, won 95% of the headers, which Kirby always picked up. Maybe Eric should play more indoor soccer! :D

Bosco
16/06/2004, 9:54 PM
oh as a matter of interest i asked stephen kenny would he sign darragh sheridan, so thats two managers have turned down my idea, but i'm not giving up...:D

I was talking to an Athlone fan at our recent league cup game.He thought darragh was brilliant and couldnt understand why i was lauhing at him.He promised that if he every became athlones manager he would take him off our hands.

Martinho II
16/06/2004, 11:24 PM
Likewise, the Town were excellent last night and only for some suspect decisions(dodgy penos) we would have won by more. Eric was excellent in the Mark Hughes role,Shane Barrett was excellent and I thought Paiso had a stormer in defence. I am just wondering have we stumbled on the best town team combination outfield?

All the rest of the ground was shut last night to allow for the improvements to the Ground to take place. A good few few seats have been ripped up in the section behind the goals.

I am glad that the lads proved me wrong after the controversial rant of mine earlier in the week. My mail was more in frustration than anything else!Heres hoping to an improved season from, the boys! :D