PDA

View Full Version : closest encounter with the grim reaper

the 12 th man
15/06/2004, 9:10 AM
had a table booked in the "windows of the world" restaurant in the twin towers
for november just after the planes hit . :(

liamon
15/06/2004, 9:32 AM
I ate a packet of crisps that was 2 days out of date. Tasted fine. No illness. Living life on the edge.

the 12 th man
15/06/2004, 9:44 AM
I ate a packet of crisps that was 2 days out of date. Tasted fine. No illness. Living life on the edge.

:D :D ......................

noby
15/06/2004, 10:07 AM
had a table booked in the "windows of the world" restaurant in the twin towers
for november just after the planes hit . :(

WOW that's amazing!!
It's like that time I walked on to the road two months after a lorry passed by. Man, did I **** my pants that day.

A workmates cousin was on his last night of a holiday the night before. Got chatting to a guy who says, you gotta go on a tour of the twin towers before you go home. Says he can't as they must catch a flight next day. He says no problem, he works in security there. He meets him 6am next morning, goes up to the top, and is out again by 7, before the official tour starts. As he's making his way back to his wife in the hotel, she is watching it all unfold on tv.

the 12 th man
15/06/2004, 10:17 AM
A workmates cousin was on his last night of a holiday the night before. Got chatting to a guy who says, you gotta go on a tour of the twin towers before you go home. Says he can't as they must catch a flight next day. He says no problem, he works in security there. He meets him 6am next morning, goes up to the top, and is out again by 7, before the official tour starts. As he's making his way back to his wife in the hotel, she is watching it all unfold on tv.

puts me in the halfpenny place.that really is a miracalous escape!!!!!!!

Xlex
15/06/2004, 2:29 PM
I'm going all out here...

Was working with dad on a job which had me out a galvanised roof. Some plonker painted the entire roof including the translucent parts. I was aware of them all the same. When I was unrolling some wire I reversed on to the plastic sheet and my left foot broke it... managed to chuck myself to the right and avoided the fall and the obvious.

It's a silly thread anyway but that's my 2c.

I have a morbid streak in me at the moment. It doesn't count unless something actually happened to you. Anyone recover from a serious accident?

max power
15/06/2004, 3:13 PM
:D

Bet you wouldn't risk it with a yoghurt though...

did at the weekend, making a smoothie and the yoghurt was 3 day off, still had it ( that desperate for a bit of time off work )

also once, i went to scumlone.....really i did....its a true story.

pete
15/06/2004, 3:35 PM
Nearly got splatted when driving in Florida making fast u-turn on dual carraigeway but not a scratch. Probably on a par with chancing the day past best before chicken on sunday :eek:

aidz1
15/06/2004, 3:59 PM
ate a cheeseburger from abrakebabra when sober once

cherish my life since....havent went near the stuff

liamon
15/06/2004, 4:48 PM
2 day old chicken, yoghurt, burger, etc....original stuff guys. :rolleyes: :p

brendy_éire
16/06/2004, 3:04 PM
I've just ate a 6 month out of date tin of grapefruit.
If I die, I'll let ye know.

max power
16/06/2004, 3:10 PM
if you don't die, i will buy you one 9 months out of date and we'll see how that goes..... ;)

Macy
16/06/2004, 3:28 PM
Best before, or use by? Bit of the difference in the danger stakes...

max power
16/06/2004, 3:31 PM
who cares oncw there is one less derry fan around :p

tiktok
16/06/2004, 3:32 PM
I definitely died in at least one of my previous lives ;)

max power
16/06/2004, 3:47 PM
keep that level of humour up and you die soon again !!!!

Plastic Paddy
17/06/2004, 7:25 AM
I have a morbid streak in me at the moment. It doesn't count unless something actually happened to you. Anyone recover from a serious accident?

It doesn't count as an accident as such, but I was attacked and stabbed in the chest with a butterfly knife when I was sixteen. According to the medic who patched me up afterwards, had the knife gone in a centimetre either side, PP RIP would have been the result... :eek:

:ball: PP

joeSoap
17/06/2004, 9:01 AM
That'll teach you not to visit areas like Foxrock.... you should spend quality time in Limerick....safe as houses!! :)

max power
17/06/2004, 9:19 AM
i had my thumb ripped off, it had to be put back on again and took 6 months before i could move it again, missed almost a year of football and still only have 20% movement in it :eek:

the 12 th man
17/06/2004, 9:49 AM
That'll teach you not to visit areas like Foxrock...:)

just wondering ,if someone from foxrock was explaining their music likes.

how would you know the difference if their choices included both "the corrs"
and "the cars" as they pronounce both the same?

joeSoap
17/06/2004, 9:57 AM
And when they are driving, do they:
"Droive rind the rindabite", or go round the roundabout like Dougal and the rest of us??