PDA

View Full Version : The big one

outspoken
05/05/2011, 9:16 PM
I'm really excited about tomorrow nights game against Cork City and it could go eithier way especially if the likes of Don play to their best but I'm going to be pesimistic and say 1-0 city....should be a good game tho

De Town
06/05/2011, 1:03 AM
These next 2 fixtures either side of the break are going to tell us a lot about our chances for the rest of the season. Personally, I'd be happy with a top half finish come the end of the season, but there's no doubt we can compete with the best in this league on our day. If we were to come out of the next 2 games with positive results it would really give the squad a boost, and maybe give them the belief that we could get promoted this season. It's obviously early days yet, and I could be getting ahead of myself, but there's no reason why we shouldn't aim high with the squad of players Cousins has assembled.

With regards tomorrow's match, I don't think any Town fan would be disappointed with a draw. Hopefully we get some sort of result to keep the current momentum going.

Town Legend
06/05/2011, 11:06 AM
We're due a draw and thats what I'm going for......1-1. If we get 2 or 3 points out of the next 2 games it will be great. Although as you said De Town I'd be happy with a top half finish. But then again isn't there 2 automatic promotion spots and 3rd for a play off??? Could be an opportunity to maybe snatch a play off game if we keep playing this well!!!

Longfordian
06/05/2011, 11:35 AM
Going for a draw too, we're definitely due one. It'll be a tough game though. As regards the season I can't see us finishing ahead of Shels or Cork really. After that you have probably Limerick and Monaghan and we should be in and around them I'd say. Very slim chance of third with a good bit of luck but in reality I'd have taken 5th at the outset and still would really.

Salmon Coloured
06/05/2011, 5:22 PM
Going for a draw too, we're definitely due one. It'll be a tough game though. As regards the season I can't see us finishing ahead of Shels or Cork really. After that you have probably Limerick and Monaghan and we should be in and around them I'd say. Very slim chance of third with a good bit of luck but in reality I'd have taken 5th at the outset and still would really. Im dosed to the gills with the flu but will go to the game. Will keep ye posted as the match progresses.

Acornvilla
06/05/2011, 5:55 PM
Im dosed to the gills with the flu but will go to the game. Will keep ye posted as the match progresses.
was gna head to the match but hangover has gotten the best of me :(

micls
06/05/2011, 6:49 PM
Cowan injured in warm up, Roche in. Game kicked off.

L.T.F.C.
06/05/2011, 6:52 PM
Cowan injured in warm up, Roche in. Game kicked off.
Its like Owen in for both Rooney and Hernandez. :(

micls
06/05/2011, 6:55 PM
Well ye're 1 up so ye're doing something right.

Salmon Coloured
06/05/2011, 10:04 PM
Well ye're 1 up so ye're doing something right.

Finished 1-1 with Cork equalising in the last minute. Fair result & we stood strong tonite. Gutted not to hold on. Skelly ran himself into the ground. Oladele was useless i thought, aimless & blind to boot. He looks like a footballer thats it & he will never set foot in the Premier division. Gillespie taken off after an hour, did grand but nothing special.

Longfordian
06/05/2011, 10:11 PM
Pity we didn't get the bit of luck and hold on but 1-1 with a very competitive performance by the sounds of it is very acceptable. If we can go there and almost win we can hold our own and more against anyone in the division. Great first series from the lads.

Acornvilla
07/05/2011, 12:42 AM
no team beat us by more than a goal so far have they, hows that cousins out campaign going for ye outspoken? :P

outspoken
07/05/2011, 9:01 AM
That campaign stopped long ago mate and I'm delighted to say I was totally wrong well done to tony and the lads such a shame we didn't hold on but great result none the less...more of the same vs shels and in series 2 please.

Pablo Escobar
07/05/2011, 10:42 AM
Finished 1-1 with Cork equalising in the last minute. Fair result & we stood strong tonite. Gutted not to hold on. Skelly ran himself into the ground. Oladele was useless i thought, aimless & blind to boot. He looks like a footballer thats it & he will never set foot in the Premier division. Gillespie taken off after an hour, did grand but nothing special.
I agree Skelly looked good. He seems to like the Shed End. He scored a bicycle kick in there last year for Athlone! I'm delighted with our last minute equaliser, but I'm not going with your fair result. Being honest, we should had more goals. But I suppose when you don't take your chances, maybe it is a fair result. You look to have a good side there. We started the same against Finn Harps. They came out and put us under serious pressure, a bit like yourselves. But they ended up losing 5-0. I think you could be the dark-horses if you can take a few more scalps like that!

outspoken
07/05/2011, 11:17 AM
Was just talking to some cork fans they were telling me Paul hunt had a great game I think we may have finally found a consistent number 1. Also heard Cork should have had a peno....nice to see a bit of luck finally going our way it's usually the other way round.

Pablo Escobar
07/05/2011, 12:17 PM
Was just talking to some cork fans they were telling me Paul hunt had a great game I think we may have finally found a cinsistant number 1. Also heard Cork should have had a peno....nice to see a bit of luck finally going our way it's usually the other way round.

Yeah, your keeper made some incredible saves in the first half. And, our penalty shout was stonewall, but what else do you expect in this league? They're not out to get us, they're out to get everyone!

Some pics from last night:
https://picasaweb.google.com/tonymtobin1/EdCityVsLong11060511?authkey=Gv1sRgCI67_sfY7b21MQ&feat=embedwebsite#

Martinho II
08/05/2011, 12:03 AM
gutted with the last minute goal . we were excellent in the first half austin skelly run himself into the ground, gary cronin has bein top notch for us since he took over from mick lee and i think mick will find it hard to get back in. hunty was top notch for us.. cork had so many chances to score so eventually they had to score eventually!

outspoken
08/05/2011, 8:32 AM
The injury to Don has come at the right time at least with the week off and it dosnt sound overly serious so hopefully hel be ok for Shels away In 2 weeks.

Pablo Escobar
08/05/2011, 1:11 PM
gutted with the last minute goal . we were excellent in the first half austin skelly run himself into the ground, gary cronin has bein top notch for us since he took over from mick lee and i think mick will find it hard to get back in. hunty was top notch for us.. cork had so many chances to score so eventually they had to score eventually!
Was Gary playing the other night? I know him myself. A very nice guy.

Longfordian
08/05/2011, 1:29 PM
Played left back as far as I know.

Cabs88
08/05/2011, 10:09 PM
gary cronin has bein top notch for us since he took over from mick lee and i think mick will find it hard to get back in.

cant say id agree with that, there was a game out in flancare earlier in the year(cant remember the opposition) he was continually being caught and he was poor in monaghan aswell, i think as soon as mick is fit he'll come back into the team

Martinho II
08/05/2011, 10:24 PM
cant say id agree with that, there was a game out in flancare earlier in the year(cant remember the opposition) he was continually being caught and he was poor in monaghan aswell, i think as soon as mick is fit he'll come back into the team

we agree to disagree on that. the last few games that I have seen him play its the best I have seen him play for us.. I wasnt never the greatest fan of his as a player but he was very impressive in turners cross the other night and he saved us on a few occasions..

Bosco
08/05/2011, 11:44 PM
Have to agree with cabs on Gary Cronin,he seems to be a big liability at the back....he was particularly poor against Monaghan and against waterford as far as I can remember.Thought last weeks game against salthill was his best performance for a long time but that could be just down to the fact that salthill rarely attacked giving him few chances to make a mistake...not having a go at him or anything but I think the sooner mick is back the better..

outspoken
09/05/2011, 5:12 PM
I thought Cronnin would be an absolute disaster but to his credit he hasnt been too bad at all....yes there have been a few close calls (like the header up into the air vs Salthill) but he hasnt cost us any goals and hes holding out well but would love to see mick lee back.....i have been told he needs an operation