PDA

View Full Version : Colin rested as precaution

tiktok
14/06/2004, 2:27 PM
from www.breakingnews.ie

Colin O’Brien is likely to be rested for tonight’s League Cup quarter-final clash between Cork City and Limerick at the Pike Rovers Sportsgrounds, kick-off 6.30pm.

O’Brien, who played a starring role in Cork’s win over Derry City on Friday night, missed squad training yesterday and will not be risked ahead of what is a crucial fortnight for the club.

The midfielder is suffering from a strain on the tendon joint in his right knee and while the injury is not serious he is unlikely to figure tonight.

“My knee was quite stiff and sore after the game on Friday night but it has loosened up considerably since then.

“I didn’t train yesterday morning as a precaution and to give the joint time to rest and settle down. It’s not a serious injury and will be won’t keep me on the sidelines for any spell. If I don’t play tonight it will be just to rest up ahead of the weekend,” said O’Brien.

Michael Nwankwo also missed yesterday’s session as he is still feeling the effects of the stomach bug that kept him out of the Derry match.

There was better news, however, as striker John O’Flynn took a full part in training and could figure tonight after overcoming the abductor strain that ruled him out of the Derry game on Friday last.

thecorner
14/06/2004, 2:28 PM
dont think he will be the only one that is "rested"