PDA

View Full Version : Friday Nights

Macy
14/06/2004, 1:41 PM
Was Friday the last of the Friday night experiment matches? Or are the forthcoming games likely to change too? Thinking especially of the Dwogs and Bohs games? Ain't sitting in that fookin traffic again, so want to book the time off... Over to you Longfordian....

btw Doesn't seem that the experiment is working, because if that's more than would be there on the Saturday we're in serious trouble...

max power
14/06/2004, 1:50 PM
puttin the game aside, what was the crowd like on friday, will there be anyone out at all tomorrow night with the holland/germany game on and the fact that dc have no fans.....

Macy
14/06/2004, 2:06 PM
Very poor crowd, a thousand if we were lucky.... I won't be down after how long it took to get down Friday.

max power
14/06/2004, 2:08 PM
i was working in clonard on friday night and even at 9 traffic was a night mare, tuesday games aren't normally that bad, i'm meant to be collecting my new car tomorrow so i hope i can have it all done so i can get down to the game

Macy
14/06/2004, 2:11 PM
I don't think Fridays are an option until the new motorway opens. No wonder players are underperforming if they had to sit through that afterwork, pre-match. Took me 3 hours, leaving at 4 on the dot.

max power
14/06/2004, 2:12 PM
agree with ya there, also look at the traveling crowd we had at the dc away game on the sat, sat games are better i feel.

Xlex
14/06/2004, 2:24 PM
I think Saturday - Sunday afternoon games are also worth a try. Need some sort of research to be carried out.

town73
14/06/2004, 2:30 PM
games returning to Saturday nights. Switches were made because of clashes or potential clashes.

max power
14/06/2004, 2:30 PM
well said, bank holiday monday afternoons as well for home games, nothing else to do

max power
14/06/2004, 2:31 PM
was bohs league cup game moved because of euro championships ??

Wiseguy
14/06/2004, 4:41 PM
Just a word of advise for those trying to get out of the pale on a Friday evening.When i was working abroad ( fly out on Monday and back on Friday ) i would always go out the Navan Rd. and just past the end of the Clonee bypass there is a turn off to the left for Trim.Then go Trim,Athboy,Castlepollard,Edgeworthstown then Longford in about 2 hours.Saves all the sh1t of stop/start.It's been a while since i travelled that route but it's worth a try.

Xlex
15/06/2004, 8:01 AM
aye, that's not a bad route for Northside traffic, especially the Airport. But really you don't save much time. Friday traffic is Friday traffic and if your City Centre based it's going to be a nightmare one way or the other.

max power
15/06/2004, 8:04 AM
well said xlex, gettin down isn't the problem, gettin out of the city centre is espc if your right in the middle of it like myself and macy !!!

Xlex
15/06/2004, 8:09 AM
Sure, I'm city centre based myself. Getting to Doyles, Fagans or McD's in time for a few bevvies before the game is ****ty enough in itself...

Wich dept ar you in?

the 12 th man
15/06/2004, 8:10 AM
i can get from blessington to the flan siro in under 2 hours on a sat eve.
i shudder to think what it would take on a fri eve.

max power
15/06/2004, 8:22 AM
foreign affairs is where i am, with the luas it can take 20 mins just to get off harcourt st !! but i'm driving in dublin 8 years so i know most short cuts, normally go out via rathcoole to newcastle to celbridge, and across to summerhill....and then speed all the way on the back roads