PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone Bill

Billsthoughts
02/05/2011, 10:03 AM
got a bill for 1200 euro for March!(get billed a month behind)

I have an iphone and a one GB data bundle which costs 8 euro plus vat a month.

On the bill I used on two consecutive dates 812MB and 715MB which cost 439€ and 715€ respectively!

on the end of the bill its says for April I carried 1KB from previous month over!!!

Leavig aside I was in my house and had the wireless please tell me this bill is crazy???

cant get thru to vodafone business til tomorrow..:mad:

Dodge
02/05/2011, 10:19 AM
Most I've used in a day has been about 40mb and that was a day I'd have been oni it pretty much all day. Can't imagine how you would ever go through 700/800mb in a day.

Thats the equivalent of downloading a movie ffs

Billsthoughts
02/05/2011, 10:23 AM
well I wouldnt be downloading a movie on the iphone - I have internet in my gaff so would just connect to that always. But the charge for 1GB is 8 quid and 10 GB is 15 quid in the bundles and they have effectively charge me 1000 quid (plus 200 VAT) for 1.5GB!!!
Because I am on direct debit this has come out of my account already. Its a big oul amount for anyone.

Dodge
02/05/2011, 10:33 AM
Yeah, sorry wasn't trying to suggest you were. just pointing out the unlikelihood of you downloading 700mb 'by mistake'

particularly when you're connected by wifi

Hopefully its sorted out for you pretty quickly. Is there an app you can use to check usage? o2 have quite a good one. Shows whats left in you package, and any costs above that.

Billsthoughts
02/05/2011, 11:04 AM
sorry I wasnt being sarcastic - I would usually donw load films on the internet(or used to til rapidshare got too confusing) so reasonable enough assumption to make...but wouldnt have a breeze how to do anythign like that on phone...
I downloaded an app today "Data Man" which checks usage. Vodafone rang me back there and said I may be entitled to some of the money back but will need to confirm it with superviser tomrrow!! will see what they say. mental tho. have a very good deal thru work that pays for all calls other than international so my bill is usually consistant...someone in work said that they have to inform you when it goes over a certain threshold but not sure how accurate that is or if that only reffers to roaming.

Dodge
02/05/2011, 11:11 AM
You could ask the Vodafone forum at boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

Billsthoughts
02/05/2011, 11:35 AM
posted there. will see what they say but think the guys there may be out of office also today.

A face
02/05/2011, 6:13 PM
posted there. will see what they say but think the guys there may be out of office also today.

I'd contact this lot (http://www.consumerassociation.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=13) as well to make a case on your behalf. There is no way i'd allow them to do anything like that. That is ridiculous to be fair. Ask them for more info on the actually download, did they actually even happen. You'd have to notice that on your phone if it was, how much space do you have on your phone? Is the data that was download actually there?

Billsthoughts
03/05/2011, 10:09 AM
said they were ligitimate charges and they would reduce bill to 200 +vat.

are sending me out a cheque! eventho I pay by direct debit. 200 is absolutely ridiculous as well. she couldnt even tell me the rate they charge at.

Eminence Grise
03/05/2011, 11:02 AM
Sounds very odd. They're a bad bunch to deal with - had huge problems last year with mobile broadband. I'd be inclined to pursue your case with ComReg

http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/Mobile_phones_Ireland.LE.asp

It sounds like they know they've overcharged, but haven't a clue by how much and are hoping that by reducing the bill from astronomical to merely incredible you'll just go away...

dahamsta
03/05/2011, 12:04 PM
If they were that quick to back down, they know they screwed up. Take the money and lodge it, then challenge it further. Ask for technical details, times and dates, the amount of data downloaded, etc.

A face
03/05/2011, 12:40 PM
said they were ligitimate charges and they would reduce bill to 200 +vat.

are sending me out a cheque! eventho I pay by direct debit. 200 is absolutely ridiculous as well. she couldnt even tell me the rate they charge at.

You do know that when they say that, it might not actually be true. If someone is trying to stiff me for €1200 i dont automatically believe everything they say. In fact i'd grow a good deal of scepticism for them to be honest.

They are giving you €200 to shut you up .... is it working? I go through them for a shortcut if i were you.

Billsthoughts
03/05/2011, 12:56 PM
found were it qoutes on the website and it says 2c per MB not KB so rang them armed with that and now they are saying yes they made an error. so they will refund me the diff. It shoudl have been 40 euro they are now saying. Third person I spoke to today. Advising me cheque Now I am waiting on a manager to see if they will courier over cheque.

Mr A
03/05/2011, 1:11 PM
Holy crap- I wonder how many other people got shafted like that?

dahamsta
03/05/2011, 1:51 PM
Tell them to give you the €40 for the time and money you've spent dealing with the issue, or you'll take them to small claims to recoup the loss.

Eminence Grise
03/05/2011, 2:35 PM
You should be able to get them to give you a few months rental-free as a goodwill gesture. (I got three for my broadband problem.)