PDA

View Full Version : Motson slags off McCarthy

finlma
14/06/2004, 10:47 AM
Did anyone hear John Motson slagging off Mick McCarthy during the Spanish game? Quality moment of commentry.

The reliable www.dangerhere.com provide the exact quote:

Motson:
“Albelda’s just come back on, which is something he didn’t do against your Ireland team, Mick, in the World Cup. He missed the whole of extra time, and they played with ten men. Do you remember?”

Obviously, Mick must have watched the video, because he didn’t notice at the time.
“I remember it well.”

Motty wasn’t convinced.
“Heh, heh, heh.”

Declan_Michael
14/06/2004, 5:24 PM
I'm sure Mick's having the last laugh. Are the FAI still paying him? (contracted to mid 04?). Then theres the Sunderland and BBC pay cheques. He's better off than he would have been as Ireland manager!

eirebhoy
14/06/2004, 6:25 PM
I'm sure Mick's having the last laugh. Are the FAI still paying him? (contracted to mid 04?). Then theres the Sunderland and BBC pay cheques. He's better off than he would have been as Ireland manager!
No, he resigned.

Beavis
14/06/2004, 8:57 PM
Lets not start this pleeeeeaaassse!!!!

Plastic Paddy
14/06/2004, 9:39 PM
Fair play to you Motty. never knew you had it in ya.

That toss face McCarthy has some nerve posing on the BBC as an 'Expert analyst'....

Change the record Silvio. We all know what you think of McCarthy. :p

You and Davros should be handcuffed together and left to fight it out. :eek:

;) PP

lopez
14/06/2004, 11:00 PM
Change the record Silvio. We all know what you think of McCarthy. :p

You and Davros should be handcuffed together and left to fight it out.Poor Silvio, just like his hero. He's a shadow of his former self. Once cutting with his wit, now just full of sh*te like 7BC/gmani that few people can be bothered answering. Even his old tag partner C74 can't be ars*d too much.

Beavis
15/06/2004, 8:56 PM
Most of us proMick have decided to move on,you should think about doing the same....

1MickCollins
15/06/2004, 10:30 PM
Look Bud. That tosser ruined my world cup in 2002 and I will never forget the damage he did.

Come on, he has given us a topic of conversation that will never go away. It's like our "hand of God" incident, our grand children will be arguing about it.
It's all about the drama man!

tiktok
16/06/2004, 8:57 AM
Mods....Lock it....LOCK IT NOW :eek: :eek:

lopez
16/06/2004, 2:52 PM
Look Bud. That tosser ruined my world cup in 2002 and I will never forget the damage he did.Bud he ruined my World Cup too, throwing his toys out of the pram and having a go at McCarthy, but he's back in the team (sometimes) and most of us have decided to forgive and move on. :rolleyes:

Plastic Paddy
16/06/2004, 4:58 PM
If you notice the thread relates to Kermit McCarth. Do catch up mate....:D

Sorry Silvio, you're the one that needs to catch on. Your argument can be applied exactly in reverse. FFS man, we know where you stand, the rest of us are letting it go.

We have:

a manager who seems motivated and willing to prove himself;
a whole qualifying tournament to look forward to; and
four friendlies, of which three wins, to experiment with the strength in depth.

What keeps us all going as football fans, period, is the hope. The thought of many good times to come watching the above unfold is surely worth more than the continuing need to blame for something we can't change. Time to look forward.

Ah, go on. Go on go on go on... ;)

:D PP

lopez
16/06/2004, 7:11 PM
If you notice the thread relates to Kermit McCarth. Do catch up mate....:DReally!!!!! :rolleyes:

sullanefc
16/06/2004, 11:10 PM
I will forever bask in his professional disasters. there should be plenty of them to keep me amused for a long time to come....:D

Here's to seeing Sunderland relegated all the way to the congerence then :)

tricky_colour
18/06/2004, 1:52 AM
Fair play to you Motty. never knew you had it in ya.

That toss face McCarthy has some nerve posing on the BBC as an 'Expert analyst'....

Bull****ers always end up in the top jobs :confused:

Condex
23/06/2004, 9:59 PM
I think its time to leave the man in peace.

He mightn't be the best manager in the world but I think hes honest and did his best.

tiktok
24/06/2004, 8:48 AM
Can someone lock this?

Silvio, Conor, we've been round the houses on this too many times already, I for one don't give a flying fcuk anymore. There's been people banned for carrying on another Celtic thread, if anything this is more annoying and results in greater abuse flinging.

Just let the bloody thing go.

tiktok
24/06/2004, 10:16 AM
Dunno why Celtic thread locked. Maybe on the basis of relevance to an Irish football site. This argument has no such problems...

Touche ;)

Are you not sick of it though :(

Plastic Paddy
24/06/2004, 12:35 PM
Could someone get sick of Simple Minds 'Sons and Fascination' LP? NEVER.

I'm hearing you loud and clear on this one, Conor... :D

:ball: PP