PDA

View Full Version : Referees

Gary
11/11/2001, 6:41 PM
Don't know who todays ref was, but i think its fair to say that he had an absolute 'mare. It seemed that all a City player had to do was touch a Pats man and it was a free. He gave Pats a lot of dodgy decisions and gave City feck all in a 50-50.
What bothers me is that this is becoming something of a trend at the cross. Is there some sorta jackeen conspiracy going on, or are the refs just genuinely stupid?

Supersonic_779
11/11/2001, 6:57 PM
On the subjetc of referees, is it just me or has anyone noticed that everytime he play a team from Dublin, the referee is from Dublin!!!!!!!!! Surely this shouldn't be aloud!!!!!!!

goalside
11/11/2001, 7:30 PM
Are there any Cork refs around?

Jack_2001
11/11/2001, 10:30 PM
k..... here's the story on referees..

Cork as far as I know has three officials.... Alan Kelly (the fourth offical today), Eddie foley (linesman) and Anthony Buttimer (linesman)

Kelly never seems to get refereeing assignments, but is like always the fourth official. Foley gets a lot of linesmanning assignments at the cross.

The thing though is that I think that Kelly and Foley when they're at the cross they seem to be conscious of showing bias towards cork, where as Dublin officials have no such problem. Todays referee was Hugh Byrne from Dubland, and he was pretty crap today. I mean the goal Pats goal was a foul on Mooney, and it amazed me that minutes later, Séamus Kelly fumbled a cross in the pats goal and he got a free out!! the booking of Coughlan was a joke and so was the booking of Colin P. How did Hugh manage to find 4 minutes of stoppage time either?

I talked about the subject of Dublin referees getting matches between cork and dub sides with a senior cork referee before and he told me that it's "horses for courses", that like the majority of referees are in dublin due to it's population, so there is going to be an abundance of dublin refs, and so we'll get them more often than not.

Waterford also seems to be a hotbed for refereeing shambles.. dont' ask me why...

But then again, maybe I'm seeing everything through Cork City glasses... but I don't think so. The FAI conspiracy sounds more and more plausible after every game!

Éanna
12/11/2001, 3:47 PM
Kelly is getting more and more games as ref- up to now they were mainly in div 1, because he's relatively young and therfore has less experience. He's beginning to do premier div this season, and looks pretty ok.
Cork also has Aidan O'Regan, without a doubt the worst ref in the country. We should be thanking god we can't get him!