PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Desmond League.

FiveB
28/04/2011, 11:44 AM
Draper, Is it true ye are giving a walkover to Shannonside on sunday? Disgraceful if ye do!

Nunugget
28/04/2011, 3:49 PM
I agree, it that is so it should be punished with a point deduction or similar penalty.

last man back
28/04/2011, 7:37 PM
Walkover is an automatic 3 point deduction. Hopefully this is only a rumour ,it has been the tightest league in years at both the top and bottom and if teams start giving walkovers now it will be disappointing. Can Broadford afford to lose 3 pts ? I dont think so !

limkdesmond
28/04/2011, 7:58 PM
I heard the broadford manager told the shannonside manager that he wishes they win the league and will try his best to make sure they do cos they have to play each other twice..don't drom/broadford have a senior football match the weekend so looks like broadford utd will have hardly any players versus shannonside... Shud be fun looking at their team sheet against shannonside

Draper
28/04/2011, 8:08 PM
Broadford United A team have not given a walkover for at least 20 years that I'm certain of,probably ever,thanks for your concern though, see you all Sunday Adm:€3 under 16's free....
Draper, Is it true ye are giving a walkover to Shannonside on sunday? Disgraceful if ye do!

Draper
28/04/2011, 8:22 PM
Oh you "heard" that did you Limkdesmond did you? Right! And let me get this straight, you are criticising the soccer club for the fact that a GAA match has been fixed for the same day? Right!
I heard the broadford manager told the shannonside manager that he wishes they win the league and will try his best to make sure they do cos they have to play each other twice..don't drom/broadford have a senior football match the weekend so looks like broadford utd will have hardly any players versus shannonside... Shud be fun looking at their team sheet against shannonside

neutral1976
29/04/2011, 9:23 AM

well five b ,if ure so concerned about broadford giving shannonside a walk over gather 3 euro together and go to the match,broadford are a good team even without the footballers,they have a good b t eam so these players can step up and play,im afraid its at the stage now in soccer season when the football championship starts and matches clash and its hard for players wen there expected to either decide which game there going to play or else have to play both.im sure both shannonside and broadford will go out and play a good fair game like they always do.and for that person that heard the two manager s talk ,can u tell us where and when??????

The1
29/04/2011, 9:30 AM

I find it remarkable that anyone from Askeaton has the neck to talk about walkovers. Were you one of the players who wouldn’t turn up to a DESMOND CUP Q-Final Mossy? By the way, tell all the lads in Div 1 we were asking for them when you and the rest of your Mickey Mouse club see them next year.

The1
29/04/2011, 9:37 AM

Abbeyfeale beat Broadford twice already this year so maybe this ''aggreement'' was with Gerry Cronin. Id love to know how you got your information, did you have their phones tapped up

hulk
29/04/2011, 10:30 AM
Well said the1. Shannonside must hav also agreed wit the rathkeale manager to let them win twice! I think there is a few people on this site who dont want shannonside to win d league! I think it is good for a change that its not just 1 from the big 3 goin for the league. It can only be good for the league.

limkdesmond
29/04/2011, 10:31 AM
Maybe ye tried yer best to beat abbeyfeale but couldn't..it's ok that ye will field a weakened team against shannonside or maybe give them a walkover..no shame in it neenan

The1
29/04/2011, 11:03 AM
Maybe ye tried yer best to beat abbeyfeale but couldn't..it's ok that ye will field a weakened team against shannonside or maybe give them a walkover..no shame in it neenan

Ya our team on Sunday will almost be as poor as it was the day we stuffed ye. By the way Barry, fair play to yourself and Robbie for not getting the boot from Rathkeale this year. Not many lads would have survived after the season the mighty Rathkeale have just had, By any chance are you chairman of Rathkeale as well.

limkdesmond
29/04/2011, 12:29 PM
I'm afraid Ye haven't beaten us at all this year jim

The1
29/04/2011, 12:38 PM
I'm afraid Ye haven't beaten us at all this year jim
Ya shur whatever gets you to sleep at night, If we are such a poor team though, then losing to the league leaders should be no surprise, so your dopey conspiracy theory goes out the window. Enough said, matter closed. Thanks to the lads who actually talk sense on this forum

limkdesmond
29/04/2011, 12:54 PM
Best of luck against shannonside anyway..ye might get something out of the game.u just never know

The1
29/04/2011, 1:01 PM
Best of luck against shannonside anyway..ye might get something out of the game.u just never know

Best of luck to you too tomorrow night, although I dont think ye have any chance when you are tipping Abbeyfeale yourself to win, you just need to believe in yourself a bit more, although I know its tough after the **** ups ye have already made this year