PDA

View Full Version : City v Pats fulltime

pete
11/11/2001, 3:36 PM
City 2 (Mulligan 22, Buckley 51) Pats 1 (Kelly 13)

City 5 points off rovers on same points as Derry.

Home form againts the big teams seems to be going great...

jbrazil
11/11/2001, 6:26 PM
great result :). i thought city played well, pats didnt cause a lot of problems for citys defence. hartigan and mulligan had decent games, and o grady played well. atmosphere was better than most home games so far this season.

Neil
11/11/2001, 6:29 PM
ANTHONY BUCKLEY’S first goal of the season lifted Cork City back up to joint second place in the eircom Premier Division table as Liam Murphy’s side came from behind to inflict a third successive defeat on St. Patrick’s Athletic before a crowd of almost 4,000 at Turner’s Cross.
Liam Kelly scored for the third match running to put St. Pat’s in front on 13 minutes.
But James Mulligan scored his first goal in six weeks to equalise nine minutes later.
www.inthenet.ie

Gary
11/11/2001, 6:36 PM
I thought it was an all round good performance. I thought Derek had one of his best games in a long time. Less hoofing and more football. Grady was a star.ditto Bennet. Careys crossing was absolutely rubbish for once. Hoggie was dead solid.

Now as for our Noel.I'm sorry to drag it up again, but he just isn't any good. If he tried he'd have less enemys, but he walks around and doesn't break a sweat. At this point i'm convinved that he is sucking Gunthers parts to get on to the team. Okay, credit where its due, 4 in 3. But my calculations also tell me that was 5 in 30 ish. And 2 of those four were tap ins.

Anyway, bring on Shels. I'm sure we'll stuff them.

Ali-G
12/11/2001, 7:49 AM
Ollie was outstanding yesterday, a different class to everyone else on the pitch. His workrate was massive. Pats must be sick of the sight of him. I thought the whole team played well, coped with all the pressure very well. The last few minutes were fairly hairy, but I reckon we deserved to hang on for the win. If we dont go on the usual wobbly winter run of 28 consecutive draws, then we have to very strong contenders.

Bernie
12/11/2001, 10:16 AM
Next weekends games might give us a very clear picture of whats going to happen.

Shels V City is sure to be a cracker and a real test for Liams outfit.

Rovers are home to Derry City on the Sunday.

With the top 4 going head to head, it might be our chance to rope in the Hun.

Snatch
12/11/2001, 10:25 AM
Just like the good auld days. Defence was solid and midfield were very aggressive and more creative than usual. Despite a few bad passes Bennet is growing in the role of centre midfielder. Great to City penetrating down the wings again. Ollie was far and away the man of the match and is proving all his doubters wrong. He is quite possibly the League's most valuable player - I'd bet St. Pat's fans think so anyway.
Buckley's goal was a peach of a shot. Much deserved win.

Bring on $hels. :)

Troy.McClure
12/11/2001, 4:39 PM
I think that O'Grady was the man of the Match. He is a class above everyone else, in terms of his positioning and speed of thought anyway. I think that it was the sort of match that Ollie likes - a big occassion, good crowd and plenty of space to run in to. He showed good spirit, especially at the end, but O'Grady did it for me. Colin P showed a bit of inexperience by getting booked for kicking the ball away. Do many people plan on traveling up to the Shels match? I'll see ye there if ye are :cool: