PDA

View Full Version : Salthill home (kick off time)

outspoken
26/04/2011, 10:55 AM
Salthill Devon at home on Saturday but can someone please confirm the kick-off time is it 7.30 or 7.45 thanks

L.T.F.C.
26/04/2011, 1:42 PM
Just go at 7.15 and soak up the pre-match atmosphere.
7.30pm according to extratime.ie.

Acornvilla
26/04/2011, 2:56 PM
feck this anyway I could have made this if it was on friday..

Might tip down to the cork game the week after thou, :D

Tallanted
26/04/2011, 3:42 PM
Id say 7.30 like all our home saturday night games, the 7.45 is more than likely a lack of checking on the right info on certain websites.

Longfordian
26/04/2011, 3:52 PM
Just go at 7.15 and soak up the pre-match atmosphere.
7.30pm according to extratime.ie.

Thousands will be gathering from 5.15 and creating a cauldron of noise I'd say. We're on a good run so we should win this one. A goal for Gillespie I'm going to predict. 3-0.

Macy
27/04/2011, 8:50 AM
Thousands will be gathering from 5.15 and creating a cauldron of noise I'd say. We're on a good run so we should win this one. A goal for Gillespie I'm going to predict. 3-0.
At the ground, or at the station, to intercept their firm? Last Friday proved it - Longford Down Massive - Irelands No. 1.

Longfordian
27/04/2011, 10:19 AM
Cant say too much on here but it could get nawty. Danny Dyer and Tammer Hassan are in talks to make a film about the Longford firm, working title is Earl Street, seeing as that's where the mayhem happens.

outspoken
27/04/2011, 11:01 AM
A goal for Gillespie I'm going to predict.
Ye I have a feeling myself he might bag 1 he had a few half chances up in Finn Park so hopefully.

L.T.F.C.
27/04/2011, 12:26 PM
Cant say too much on here but it could get nawty. Danny Dyer and Tammer Hassan are in talks to make a film about the Longford firm, working title is Earl Street, seeing as that's where the mayhem happens.

Great name.

RonnieB
28/04/2011, 10:41 AM
I'm looking for two spare tickets. Any section will do.

Macy
28/04/2011, 11:14 AM
I'm looking for two spare tickets. Any section will do.
I've too spares for the stand. Are you sure they'll do?

Longfordian
28/04/2011, 12:02 PM
Two Section J available here. Will swap for 2 Cork away.

Acornvilla
29/04/2011, 12:28 AM
Wooop I can make the game now! Hope theres some tickets left

Cabs88
30/04/2011, 10:53 AM
looking forward to the game tonight and 3 points we should be getting if we are to have realistic hopes of staying in the mix at the top. A 9-0 victory will put us clear second! :p

rossi_eire
30/04/2011, 12:06 PM
yeah I fancy us for the win too, there seems to be an ever-increasing degree of optimism among town fans at the moment and I think that Cousins and the team should be commended for a promising start to the season...... keep it up lads and we can be contenders!

L.T.F.C.
30/04/2011, 8:00 PM
DON COWAN JUST WANTS TO SCORE GOALS! Hope just added a second!

RonnieB
01/05/2011, 12:09 AM
Ronnieb friend of the town

Acornvilla
01/05/2011, 10:54 AM
I know salthill ain't great shakes but town we're quite good and played it on the ground pretty much for the whole 90 minutes very little hoofball which is great to see.

Cowan was immense at holding up the ball but maybe tried too do too much on his own at times, his goal was a beauty thou, Hope got the second from a corner.

Wasn't at all impressed with Ossie he flicks the ball on way too much and then blames everyone else for not reading what hes trying too do, if he just held the ball up every now and then he would have been much more useful 90% of the time he got the ball and flicked it about the place onto no one, while in the same position don stuck it on his chest and looked for options.

Morley on the wing was a handful as usual and put some decent crosses in in the 2nd half and almost scored a great goal but his crossing was brutal aa times as well. Gillespie was alright made a few good runs through the middle of the field, seems unwilling to try and skin the fullbacks thou, passing was exemplary. Brady was good when he came on i thought while defense and keeper looked pretty solid all game nice seeing them generally trying to pass it out of defense rather than thump it away.

We lacked a little in cm thou I think maybe moving Gillespie in there and brady out the wing could be a good move in the future

outspoken
01/05/2011, 11:38 AM
That could have ended up been a very bad night but fair play to the lads they held their nerve VS a very stubborn Salthill side who got better as the game went on.

Unfortunately a lot of the lads were off the boil last night and I hate to keep saying it but I was disappointed with Gillespie again. Like Acornvilla said he was totally unwilling to take the full backs on. I know hes 36 but one or two runs at them couldnt do any harm.

And I defo think Acornvilla is onto something when he says maybe try him in cm.

I thought TC's decision to take of Hylo for Walsh was an excellent one as there was no need for Hylo to hold the midfield like he usually dose.......also interesting to see he tried to go straight down the tunnel but TC made him sit on the bench which is only right.......Ozzie wasnt happy to come off again but its good to see players not wanting to come off it shows they care.

I personally think Walsh is the missing key to this team I think he should be put in there somewhere because he is a class playmaker in my eyes.

Anyway a good 3 points and a massive game weekend and after the bye we have another big one away to Shels 1 or 2 points from those games would be fine.

Acornvilla
01/05/2011, 1:18 PM
Walsh was good when he came on as well actually we have pretty good options in there dont we

Martinho II
01/05/2011, 4:57 PM
I think nows the time to put walsh back in and let gillespie in as sub as he performs way better.. we made it hard at times against a very stubborn salthill game..Cowan scored a goal of the season contender Des hope scored a crackin backpost header too.. btw thats the first time town have won three games on the bounce in the league since the releagation season.. eighteen points from nine games is fantastic..

outspoken
01/05/2011, 8:26 PM
Like I said I think Walsh is a real talent and it's clear that we are missing that bit of creativety at times in the middle of the park so let the young lad in I say.

Bosco
01/05/2011, 11:35 PM
I agree about walsh....he always seems very eager to impress whenever he comes on.Gillespie on the wing doesnt seem to work,his passing and crossing is good but if you are playing on the wing you need to be taking on players,whenever he gets the ball one on one with the defender he seems to have no ideas...having said that if he is going to play in the middle of the park he is going to need to put himself about a bit more....

Acornvilla
02/05/2011, 2:12 PM
Pretty much so far with Gillespie hes been solid if unspectacular, could be doing a lot worse but also a lot better, least hes not been totally crap like some suggested he would be, I can't see him being dropped for the cork game thou.

Brady, morley and Walsh are all definitely better at taking men on thou, Walsh probably the most complete of that threesome

L.T.F.C.
02/05/2011, 2:22 PM
I don't know why Walsh isn't getting more game time! I think he is great!

outspoken
03/05/2011, 3:51 PM
I don't know why Walsh isn't getting more game time! I think he is great!

You dont get offers from abroad and underage international call ups for nothing.

Cabs88
03/05/2011, 8:17 PM
9 games in and 6 wins, fantastic stuff! Last season when things werent going well like they were saturday, we would have dropped points. I do think we've matured and although we are no where near the finished article and rode our luck at times (salthill missed a sitter of a far post header just before don scored) it is very encouraging. Gillespie wasnt great the other night as stated above but I dont think Walsh is a natural replacement, Walsh is a talented footballer, a great deliverer of the ball, but he has a tendancy to disappear during games and is still learning. Don again is a huge player for us, and he is nearly unrecognisable from his perfomances last year. Him and ozzy are linking up well and look to have a good understanding.

Excellent start to the season but our next 2 games will tell a lot in terms of our season, keep it up lads, come on the town! :ball: