11/06/2004, 11:58 PM
dont spoil this thread

but who honestly thought we deserved 3 points 2nite

we didnt and we were sh!t

the last 5 minutes were brill but took the sh!t away from the previous 89

Jim Smith
12/06/2004, 12:12 AM
I thought we were going to lose 0-1.

Apart from the two goals we were brutal. Hitting high balls at a team the physical size of Derry was just plain stupid. Only when we kept the ball on the ground did we make any progress. Two great goals five minutes of godd football and the rest was just dross.

I know that three points is three points, but if we had kept the ball on the ground even the understrength CCFC would have thrashed Derry.

Rebel101
12/06/2004, 12:23 AM
No! We didn't deserve 3 points tonight, City only woke up and started to play football in the last 5 mins.
On the other hand we have lost so many points this season over last minute goals etc, it's about time we got lucky.

A face
12/06/2004, 1:02 AM
For the first half .... it was like the play couldn't be away from the Donie Forde touchline for more than a minute for fear the ball would explode or something .... the players were hugging it. Billy Woods made three runs/attempts on goal in the 1st and one wasn't far off (inches only) i dunno .... Colin T should have spread it out more along with George and Greg from the back, but it was unreal actually. This was spotted early on and funny to watch as the game developed. Along with the double dummy free kick by Derry .... now that was good :) ..... Michael Devine hoofing it to Fenn and the team not spreading it out were the factors being blamed for it all.

We didn't deserve it at all. Brutal at times .... god above it was poor.

Behan was delighted when he scored ..... brilliant for him in fairness, and Kearney made a b-line for the shed for his.

Totally crap .... but we barely got away with it.

Counting Crow
12/06/2004, 9:32 AM
Nobody in their right mind will say that the game was good or that we played well last night.

But to say we didn't deserve to win ........... surprises me.

The bottom line is we did win ............ because we kept going right to the end .... despite playing crap. That shows guts and mental strength - something City teams have not displayed in the past.

Derry lost because they didn't take their chances ( just like us in the first half - Behan twice ) and folded at the end. They didn't deserve to get anything from the game as a result. That's why they are where they are.

I've seen City teams in the past fold when they played this badly. Fair fcuking play to them for staying at it and playing right up to the death.

To those who left at the end with their usual moaning and griping I say pi$$ off and go watch GAAAAAAAAAA or some other moronic sport.

I'm sick of the unending abuse and sniping that goes on unless we play like Brazil every game AND win by 4 clear goals. Remember, we were missing 3 of our best and most influencial players last night. Any team would struggle without Flynny, Nawankwo and Doyler.

We're clear 2nd now for God's sake.
We're unbeaten for 14 games remember.
We're playing good football ...... by and large!!!!.
We're scoring goals in most games ( only 2 where we didn't )
Yeah we're conceeding them but we normally score more so what the fcuk.
Face up to it folks we are going to have bad games ( some shockers even ).

That's football.

As for Moses...........he lost the plot altogether last night. The worst I ever saw. His moronic tirade was an embarrasement. Fair enough he's passionate but give everyone a break. Still, in his favour, he stays 'till the end ....every game.

Chant of the seasson so far from the FourFiveOne guys was ..."Moses, Moses what's the score?" at the end.

Brilliant.

thecorner
12/06/2004, 9:38 AM
As for Moses...........he lost the plot altogether last night. The worst I ever saw. His moronic tirade was an embarrasement. Fair enough he's passionate but give everyone a break. Still, in his favour, he stays 'till the end ....every game.

looked fairly heated from the corner

great entertainment anyway.

took our minds off the feens on the pitch trying to play football for a while

jmc105
12/06/2004, 10:32 AM
did we deserve 3 points? hmmm, what a philosophical question. well, we scored more goals than derry, so yes... :D...it happens all the time in football that teams play poorly and win. "it's a sign of a good team", allegedly.

what's more inportant is that cork city try to play the game in a positive, attractive way. we pass the ball. we play to the strengths of our attacking players. from what i've seen we have more skillful, "flair" players in our first 11 than any other team in the league, and these players are encouraged to express themselves. we work hard as a team and there are signs that we are starting to get the balance of the team right and learning to impose our style of play even against strong, physical teams like $hel$. city are a young, emerging force in this league and every sign suggests that the management are trying to build something that will last.

maybe derry deserved more last night. maybe city played poorly. but i know which team i'd rather support.

thecorner
12/06/2004, 11:02 AM
what's more inportant is that cork city try to play the game in a positive, attractive way. .

they didnt try very hard because from where we were standing this was far from attractive :eek:

joe
12/06/2004, 11:13 AM
Remember, we were missing 3 of our best and most influencial players last night. Any team would struggle without Flynny, Nawankwo and Doyler.

not to mention lordan, hoggy and steve o'flynn

patsh
12/06/2004, 2:21 PM
Yes we DEFINITELY DESERVED to win it.
No matter how poor we were performing:
No City player tried to cheat,
No City player tried to hide,
EVERYBODY put in the effort,
we kept our heads and kept plugging away, even though every player out there must have felt the negativity from the crowd (myself included)
we scored two excellent goals when the pressure was on
and we never gave up.
Derry feel hard done by, but how many times have we been sh*t on up in the Brandywell?

jmc105
12/06/2004, 3:04 PM
they didnt try very hard because from where we were standing this was far from attractive :eek:

last night wasn't great by any means - what i mean is that they are a side who want to play football. the team is built around players like georgie, fenn, nwankwo - guys who want to get the ball down and play. it doesn't always happen but the intention is to be positive and to play attractive, attacking football.

aswad
13/06/2004, 4:48 PM
Derry were typically physically strong and easily controlled midfield - it always seems to happenwhen we play them. It made it very difficult to get the ball forward to Behan who became increasingly isolated. For such a big lad he should be able to controll the ball a bit better and be able to lay it off to players breaking from midfield, but time and again he failed, leaving us chasing Derry shadows for most of the night. We didn't deserve to win, but, as has been mentioned already, how many times have we lost games we should have won? The positive for Behan was he tried until the end and took his goal well.
As for Kearney, it's been a tough season for him, playing more Irish under21 games than City games, but didn't he take his oppertunity well. Seems odd that he seemed to have more influence when he moved to the centre with Danny on the wing considering him losing about a foot to the Derry midfielders. Great effort all night and a cracker to win it.

eastcork
14/06/2004, 8:02 AM
but who honestly thought we deserved 3 points 2nite

we didnt and we were sh!t

the last 5 minutes were brill but took the sh!t away from the previous 89
waffle waffle...of course we were ****...we played until 90 mins and won the game so therefore deserved to win. I hate Man U but when they won the european cup with those two late goals, what did everyone say....It was not the performance they were talking about afterwards. It was how they BATTLED until the end...

thecorner
14/06/2004, 8:11 AM
we played until 90 mins

no we played from the 86th-90th minute... thats not good enough

one_bounce
14/06/2004, 10:32 AM
To those who left at the end with their usual moaning and griping I say pi$$ off and go watch GAAAAAAAAAA or some other moronic sport.

decent post bar this tripe... where is the connection between people leaving early moaning and gaa?

having attended hundreds of matches across all codes my experience is that morons leave before the end of a match regardless of it being soccer/football/hurling/rugby/basketball etc. i dont understand this.. hence i was still in the shed when we scored both goals, as most wexford fans were when they beat kilkenny in injury time yesterday.... as for your moronic sport comment i suggest you get a tape of the wexford/kilkenny match and watch it.. it will only take 1 hour of your life, may help to broaden your horizons a little, and help with your obvious inability to come to terms with 'moronic' sports :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Counting Crow
15/06/2004, 9:26 PM
Fair point One_Bounce..........!

Just got a bit carried away whith all this $hit about people leaving and getting it day in, day out, at work from GAA types, you know.

They ridicule football and in particular City, constantly yet are so narrow minded they never venture to the Cross to see for themselves what we have going here.

But I take your point it is wrong to tar every one witht he same brush.