Éanna
10/11/2001, 2:31 PM
Originally posted by yan
all together now.....

ONE FAT DOLAN STANDING ON THE WALL
AND IF ONE FAT DOLAN SHOULD ACCIDENTALLY FALL
THERE BE NO FAT DOLAN AND NO ****IN WALL

How bout the orginal of "there'd be no dublin, limerick, cork or donegal" ? Always liked it! :D

Jim Smith
11/11/2001, 10:23 PM
I must admit that the sight of the slender form of Moses giving someone abuse about their wieght brought a smile to my face.

If only football in this country had more people like Pat Dolan it wouldn't be in the state its in.

Neil
12/11/2001, 6:52 AM
Originally posted by Jim Smith
If only football in this country had more people like Pat Dolan it wouldn't be in the state its in.
Agreed. Less idiots like Moses and more good people like Pat Dolan and we'd have a chance of a league to be proud of.

Éanna
12/11/2001, 3:53 PM
Can't argue with ye on that lads!

Sid
14/11/2001, 11:43 AM
Dead right I seen him been interviewed after the game on chorus and the man loves the league. Made some good point too, up near the top of the league, young team, a lot local lads and we still can''t get a full house - too many fat *******s in Vodaphone and Carlsberg jerseys saying League of Ireland is rubbish. I'll try to stay off my soap box but untill you know the joy of going 1 - 0, going mad and then the opposition going 2 - 1 up and the away fans chanting your not "singing anymore" can you understand what football is. Not watching it on Sky Sports and seeing the game they wan't you to see. For feck sake player cam what kind of muppet want's to watch the same player fo 15 mins.

ccfcman
14/11/2001, 5:52 PM
Pat definatley knows whats goin on.he is always praising city and the rest of the eircom league.he has always stated that the irish leagues hold a wealth of talent and that he is disappointed that there were no talent scouts at the scum-v-boez last friday.DEAD RIGHT PAT

Éanna
17/11/2001, 5:10 PM
Originally posted by Sid
For feck sake player cam what kind of muppet want's to watch the same player fo 15 mins.
Plenty of them at the cross every fortnight, watching and waiting to get on morleys back.

ccfcman
17/11/2001, 7:58 PM
or a manager cam on gunther(WITH MICROFONE)

James
18/11/2001, 7:55 AM
why what the hell does he do...nothing...
you'd get more of a reaction from a mute , blindman then from guther watching a game..

gunther out

A face
18/11/2001, 5:19 PM
the most enthusiastic character on the airwaves and the screens at the moment for the national league, there ain't a whole lot of media available to the public who want to tune in, but when it happens and Pat is there, he does make good use of his time, optimistic is the word that comes to mind straight away, i say that with all the competition this airtime has, it is the definitive uphill struggle. But more is better than what we have. What can be done about this though?

Question: What else does not get the airtime it deserves ??

What is the best way to tackle it from an FAI/eircom league point of view. A big advert campaign, bright lights and all the works, expensive and with no definite return. The soccer show is a good product, but does not serve the league as regards the day to day, week to week exploits and events the take place. They is no debate on policies or direction of the league. I really think that until we get something like that, it will always dwindle along with the odd interview here and there.

I am delighted Pat raised the issue of poor crowds at the cross, but it is bigger that as well ... attendances all over are very poor and this needs to be addressed.

Gary
19/11/2001, 9:14 PM
Originally posted by yan
all together now.....

AND IF ONE FAT DOLAN SHOULD ACCIDENTALLY FALL
THERE BE NO FAT DOLAN AND NO ****IN WALL

COME ON U CITY

I find that post immatture in the highest order. I'm not going to say much as Neil, Eanna, Jim etc above have said it all about Dolan above. A few more like him.............

Although he was interviewed on Chorus and he called Bucks' goal a "world class finish". I found that kinda funny, but it just shows the guys blind enthuasiasm for the national League.

yan
19/11/2001, 9:24 PM
gwa
wat u on,that was posted b4 the pats match to get a bit of enthusiasm goiong for the shed,
the shed is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so f*** u

Neil
19/11/2001, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by yan
gwa
wat u on,that was posted b4 the pats match to get a bit of enthusiasm goiong for the shed,

so f*** u
Comments like that are better suited to your previous haunt Citynet.

Éanna
20/11/2001, 10:00 AM
in fairness, i've no problem with peple singing that kind of thing at matches, it's a part of the game- pat himself said as much to me: it doesn't bother him, he laughs it off!

Gary
20/11/2001, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by yan
gwa

so f*** u

It certainly got a lot of athmosphere going, didn't it yan. You must be so proud of yourself to be able to come up with some witty chants like that.

Yan, you and all your citynet buddies, will you please just go away!

thecorner
07/04/2003, 8:58 PM
just fpund this thread

strange how some people change their minds

i.e citynet

wws
08/04/2003, 10:13 AM
hilarious stuff lads
Pats are buzzing without dolan so expect a good away crowd on saturday

cannot f-in wait for this one, biggest el game since we beat you 2.1 down in the cross for the 98-99 season!