PDA

View Full Version : latest flynny rumour...

Pages : [1] 2

Hecko
10/06/2004, 4:23 PM
English Nationwide League Division Three side Northampton Town are leading the chase for Cork City striker John O’Flynn, with Cobblers’ Director of Football John Deehan expected to be in the attendance when the Leesiders take on Derry City at Turners Cross on Friday night.

O’Flynn is believed to be the player foremost in the thoughts of Deehan when the former Aston Villa assistant manager attends a series of eircom League matches this weekend, although Deehan was keen to keep his precise intentions under wraps.

He said: "I am going over to Ireland to take in a few different games, but I’m not going to watch any specific players. With the Irish teams playing their summer league it makes sense to go and take a look."

If Turners Cross is on his itinerary, Deehan will hope that O’Flynn is sufficiently recovered from the knock that saw him replaced midway through the second half of the draw against leaders Shelbourne on Tuesday night.

O’Flynn impressed in his hour on the field the other night, scoring Cork’s opener with a cracking shot from just outside the area to take his tally for the season to five, a creditable total considering the fact that he has suffered a series of niggling injuries during the campaign.

Another English Third Division side, Notts County, were linked with a move for O’Flynn last weekend, and if the 21-year-old continues to impress in the coming weeks, the chances of him returning across the water – he had a spell with Peterborough before returning two years ago – can only increase.

Colm
10/06/2004, 6:09 PM
The line "If Turners Cross is on his itinerary" shows that story up as being yet another load of bullsh!t. The guy is taking in a few games in Ireland, they don't even know if he'll be going to the Cross yet see fit to assume that he wants to sign Flynny. I'd say if this fella has any sense he knows Flynny wouldn't look twice at a move to a small lowly club in the third divison, same goes for all our other top players.

patsh
10/06/2004, 8:20 PM
Didn't Cahill have a spell in that dump?
(I call it a dump because I've been there and it is!)

Colm
10/06/2004, 8:26 PM
Didn't Cahill have a spell in that dump?

He did indeed.

eoinh
11/06/2004, 9:48 AM
Report in todays Irish Times saying that there was at least one Scout going to todays match to check out O'Fynn.

To be honest, im glad hes out injured now (never thought i'ld say that).

PS C'mon Lennox get him to sign a bleedin' contract extension!!!

tiktok
11/06/2004, 9:50 AM
To be honest, im glad hes out injured now (never thought i'ld say that)!!!

yeah, but what are the odds that Doyler will impress tonight instead

thecorner
11/06/2004, 10:07 AM
yeah, but what are the odds that Doyler will impress tonight instead

question is will doyler start if flynny is fit

we all know what a talent doyler is but how will dolan really change a side that hasnt been beaten in a while

piratemousey
11/06/2004, 10:38 AM
i think o'flynn has the cop on not to go to the 3rd./ division.
i think he has sense something cahill obviously didnt!
hes better than that by a mile

jofyisgod
11/06/2004, 6:01 PM
see www.corkcityfootie.com

Talk of a contract extension

eoinh
13/06/2004, 9:19 AM
news item here (http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=107317648&p=yx73y8354&t=soccer) about O'Flynn. I'ld say hes gone. :(

pete
14/06/2004, 10:11 AM
Disappointing the club didn't attempt to extend his contract before this season started. Would have had better chance getting him to sign while he was recovering from injury & IMO worth the gamble he'd recover from injury.

one_bounce
14/06/2004, 10:44 AM
Disappointing the club didn't attempt to extend his contract before this season started. Would have had better chance getting him to sign while he was recovering from injury & IMO worth the gamble he'd recover from injury.

why not sign a 1 year extension so city at least get a decent transfer fee for him-its the least he could do in return for the chance city gave him... he arrived a peterborough reject and is now a well established irish u21 and cities main focus :mad:

sullanefc
20/06/2004, 3:33 PM
Reading Roddy Collins' column in the Sunday Star today, he discusses how the Eircom League is way inferior to the 3rd division in England. I won't go into it that much cos there is a thread on it in General.

But it all came about from a radio talk show on John O Flynn's proposed move to Northampton Town. In the article he uses the phrase "the possibility of John O Flynn of Cork City being signed by Northampton Town"

But there is a picture of Flynny on the page and the caption underneath says "TALENT: John O'Flynn has been criticised for signing for Northampton"

Please tell me this is a mistake and he hasn't signed already. Please???

bert
20/06/2004, 3:56 PM
You would hope that yesterday's game would make him think long and hard about moving to a bunch of non-entities like Northampton.

Cobbler
20/06/2004, 4:21 PM
You would hope that yesterday's game would make him think long and hard about moving to a bunch of non-entities like Northampton.

Northampton are a bigger club than Cork City will probably ever be. Unless you can give me any evidence to say otherwise

thecorner
20/06/2004, 4:26 PM
Northampton are a bigger club than Cork City will probably ever be. Unless you can give me any evidence to say otherwise.

your the one that made the statement

where the fcuk is your evidence to back it up???

Colm
20/06/2004, 4:28 PM
Northampton are a bigger club than Cork City will probably ever be. Unless you can give me any evidence to say otherwise

How did Northampton get on in their last European game? We beat top Swedish side Malmo 3-1 yesterday and have had plenty of other good results against top European teams over the years.

I'd have to agree with Bert that yesterdays game should make Flynny realise just how lucky he is to play for a club as big as Cork City.

Cobbler
20/06/2004, 4:37 PM

your the one that made the statement

where the fcuk is your evidence to back it up???

Having lived in Cork and now back in England. I can easily judge both clubs from what I've seen. Stadium wise Turners Cross compared to Sixfields is no contest. Turners Cross would be a decent Unibond League standerd . History wise we've played in front of crowds in Wembley in 97 and 98 to both 45000 and 62000 fans. Whats the most Cork have ever played in front of. Need I go on. O'Flynn will know himself at the end of your season which would be the right move when he sizes up both clubs

thecorner
20/06/2004, 4:39 PM
when did northampton last play in europe :rolleyes:

with city we would be able to offer players european football most seasons

i know what id prefer anyway

the closest northampton would get to malmo is a weekend on the p!ss :D

Cobbler
20/06/2004, 4:48 PM
when did northampton last play in europe :rolleyes:

with city we would be able to offer players european football most seasons

i know what id prefer anyway

the closest northampton would get to malmo is a weekend on the p!ss :D

Your in Europe as your in a League that is average at best. I doubt any club in Ireland would be anything more a decent D3 side.

Still if you prefer a game or two in Europe each season over watching your club in a good staduim with great facilities then more fool you

thecorner
20/06/2004, 4:53 PM
Your in Europe as your in a League that is average at best. I doubt any club in Ireland would be anything more a decent D3 side.

Still if you prefer a game or two in Europe each season over watching your club in a good staduim with great facilities then more fool you

its great to have dreams. hold onto them

maybe you might reach europe sometime in the year 3000

Colm
20/06/2004, 4:56 PM
Having lived in Cork and now back in England. I can easily judge both clubs from what I've seen. Stadium wise Turners Cross compared to Sixfields is no contest.

When was the last time you were in Turners Cross? It's improved a lot in recent years.
Cork City are by far the biggest club in Ireland, Northampton are a small club in the fourth tier of English football. Cork City will offer him more money and the chance to play in Europe. You hardly think he'd be stupid enough to move to Northampton, in all fairness you've got to be taking the p!ss.

Cobbler
20/06/2004, 5:06 PM
its great to have dreams. hold onto them

maybe you might reach europe sometime in the year 3000

Northampton and Sixfields
7500 All seater
Two Pubs
Fast-food outlets
Radio Station
Supporters Trust Development Fund
Corporate Facilities
Centre of Excellence

Cork City and Turners Cross
6000 seater
And not forgetting a Chippy van. Thats about it really

If you where a footballer with ambition where would you like to ply your trade ??

Cobbler
20/06/2004, 5:13 PM
When was the last time you were in Turners Cross? It's improved a lot in recent years.

When I last worked for IBM in Cork last year. Went to see you play in a Cup game v some team in Red where you where easily beat and the following week by some poor team Derry. Draw I think. Didn't think much of Turners Cross then

Ruairi
20/06/2004, 5:19 PM
Corporate Facilities

yay! prawn sandwiches for all!!!

Colm
20/06/2004, 5:25 PM
If you where a footballer with ambition where would you like to ply your trade ??

I'd prefer to play in Europe and earn more money. In other words Cork City, there's no contest.

Cobbler
20/06/2004, 5:33 PM
Cork City are by far the biggest club in Ireland, Northampton are a small club in the fourth tier of English football. Cork City will offer him more money and the chance to play in Europe. You hardly think he'd be stupid enough to move to Northampton, in all fairness you've got to be taking the p!ss.

Just done a quick history check on Cork. You've won 2 trophies of note in your history and you've beating Cwmbran Town to advance in Europe just the once. Now I'm no expert on Irish Football but surely your taking the p!ss by thinking your the biggest club in Ireland.

Taking 40000 fans to Wembley in 98 overshawdows anything Cork have ever done. Whos the small club ??. If the mighty Cork where in any sort of Cup Final how many would you bring ?? Oh and as you think your a greater club than us how would you think you'd do in D3 ??

Ruairi
20/06/2004, 5:44 PM
guys pack it in, seriously. ye can both argue till ye're blue in the face, but it's gonna come to nowt.

Colm
20/06/2004, 5:55 PM
guys pack it in, seriously. ye can both argue till ye're blue in the face, but it's gonna come to nowt.

Nah, I'm enjoying it. I know I'm right and that's all that matters.

Northampton, a big club? You're having a laugh!

We'll be in Sweden next week supporting our club in Europe and it is going to be fantastic. Pity you'll never get the chance to experience a European trip.

Cobbler
20/06/2004, 6:30 PM
Nah, I'm enjoying it. I know I'm right and that's all that matters.

Northampton, a big club? You're having a laugh!

I'm enjoying your delusion. I could repost my theory on why a pro-footballer would want to play in a better footballing environment. But your argument is he'd get to play in Europe every now and then but be surrounded by sub-standerd facilities all year round. As for money well I've no idea what a Cork footballer earns and you certainly don't know anyone at my club earns

You still won't or can't back up any of your claims on why a player would want to stay at Cork ahead of Northampton. If you think a pro-footballers ambitions is too play in one maybe two ties if lucky in Europe every now and then but be surrounded by as I said sub-standerd facilities all year round then you are really fooling yourself. If he's good Northampton will no doubt be a stepping stone it more money then he'll ever make with Cork. Where as with Cork this is as good as its ever going to get

Try and answer at least one question I've put to you. I can cut and past them for you again one by one just to make it easier on yourself. Wouldn't want you to over do it :)

Cobbler
20/06/2004, 6:51 PM
Had a look on your FAI website to find out more about Irish clubs. Seems Cork ain't even as big time as you seem to think

Cork. 2 major trophy's and a win over some Welsh club

Bohs. some big League title wins and a double of late, sure that season outstripes the whole of Corks silverware. Current Irish international. Some impressive European results

Shels. Current League Champions. Walking this seasons league. Also another Irish international in their books. Also a few Euro tie wins

Rovers. Sh1t load of cups and other stuff. Not sure how many exactly ? And some Euro home and away wins, last one being last season.

Patricks. Good few league titles. Decent wins in Europe and an impressive draw in Parkhead. And the Ireland manager came from that club

If he doesn't come to us he'd probably be better of playing for one of those clubs. In Dublin I take it ? I'm failing to see how Cork are Irelands biggest club with those four clubs records and I haven't even checked the rest of the teams !!!

Gary
20/06/2004, 7:25 PM
Pats and Rovers? Their best days are behind them.

A 6 point lead at the top, doesnt really merit the statement that they (Shelbourne) are running away with it.

Bohs, well yes, they have been good of late, but are quite a bit behind CCFC this season. Certainly no bvetter than us, and Flynn is better than Crowe. Had it not been for injuries, Flynn would be a full international as well.

Now, City were established in 1984, and were, for the most part, a very shabbily run outfit, with moronic directors, bad managers, and a great drinking playing staff. Its only really in the last few years (since Brian Lennox became chairman) that City have been anything like a professional outfit. As it stands, we have the best home support, and one of the better away supports. Our ground is about the best in the country, and improvements are still being made.

Now you say you brought 40000 to Wembley in 98? Well, why are those 40000 now in Sixfirlds every week? Thats not a good representative figure you have given at all.

Whether a move to Northampton is good or bad remains to be seen. Maybe he would be more in the shop window with you, but every player wants to win trophies, something that Northampton are unlikely to do anytime soon.

eoinh
20/06/2004, 7:51 PM
ERR Mr Cobbler but maybe take a look at our formation date. Its an excellent record then.

Well, you might like your Town team but i prefer my CITY.

And when does the size of a stadium mean anything. Ajax won three or four european cups playing out of their old stadium which only held 17,000.

I have heard of certain other kinds of envy - but never stadium envy!

Youre just talking cobblers.

Slash/ED
20/06/2004, 9:06 PM
If you're basing who's a bigger and better team on facilities and crowds than I assume also that you would think that any player, given the choice, would rather play for Hull than Fulham? Afterall, they've a bigger stadium (Well, they have a stadium full stop), they get better crowds, they have better facilities so by your logic, they must be better.

I'd love to see Northampton beat Malmo 3-1, somehow I can't see it happening, even if they were entered into Europe by some freak accident.

O'Flynn was a regular Irish u21 international and could, as has been shown by Byrne and Crowe, be a full Irish international playing in the EL. You wouldn't have a chance of getting near an Irish squad in division three.

You're right about Shels being the big club though :)

Gary
20/06/2004, 9:23 PM
Explain so Hayser? :confused:

applehunter
21/06/2004, 12:06 AM
I hate this EL vs english 3rd division debate. The EL cannot be compared to the English divisions until there are the facilities and structures in place that can make it a level playing field.

I agree with Pat Dolan when he talks about how people are concentrating 2 much on the EL results in Europe. This should not be the barometer for our clubs. The barometer should be

Facilities
Crowds
Administration
Media Coverage
Youth Policies
Transparency

jofyisgod
21/06/2004, 5:48 PM
If this money thing is fact, then that would be the only attraction for JOF to...what do ye call yourselves again? Anyhow, if we think media coverage of the eL is bad, as someone living in England, Div. 3's is worse.Quite simply, no-one gives a t0ss. Ye're bottom of ye're pile, City are top of theirs.
Any u-21 internationals at Town? :confused:
For fúcks sake, the local rugby team is more popular than ye! At least City are bigger than Con. Do ye attract sponsorship deals worth the best part of a million €?

Why would Flynny want to leave his hometown club, where he is basically an idol, to go to some small, shítty Division 3 club in one of the most ignored leagues in the UK?

Now, féck off back to Cobblers World or whatever forum ye have. If ye even have one.

Hitman
21/06/2004, 6:10 PM
A big club would never entertain the idea of employing Martin Wilkinson, it took an awfully long time for Northampton to get rid of someone even Michael Knighton didn't think up to scratch.

aswad
21/06/2004, 6:31 PM
I remember Ollie Cahill saying once what a dump Northampton was. I also read in some book that Cork people have significantly larger lads than people from Northampton, if that helps your argument in any way, Colm.
If Cobbler is actually looking for an answer, then the simple fact is that JOF probably doesn't fancy English third division football. As tough as our own league is, there are some mean hatchet men in the third who could well do a job on his knee. It's not really a division that would suit his style of pace and skill. For example, look no further than Richie Foran - a similar style player (if a little more violent) who struggled at Carlisle. Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Motherwell next season.
At least Cobbler has one friend - Roddy Collins was spouting in the Star about how the third was better than the league at the weekend. You remember the guy, sacked for being rubbish, still unemployed, waiting for the Liverpool job.

Slash/ED
21/06/2004, 6:35 PM
For example, look no further than Richie Foran - a similar style player (if a little more violent) who struggled at Carlisle.

Richie was one of the best players in division three in his first season, he only struggled after that and that was due to injuries and off field problems.

aswad
21/06/2004, 6:41 PM
By "off field problems", do you mean scrapping with members of the Lincoln City board after being sent off?
I've heard various stories about Foran's form across the water. One of the most common has been "got ****ed off when a bigger club didn't buy him so gave up." I'd heard QPR were interested but he got sent off at both games they scouted him at. As I said, he'll be worth watching next season.

Cobbler
21/06/2004, 8:12 PM
If this money thing is fact, then that would be the only attraction for JOF to...what do ye call yourselves again? Anyhow, if we think media coverage of the eL is bad, as someone living in England, Div. 3's is worse.Quite simply, no-one gives a t0ss. Ye're bottom of ye're pile, City are top of theirs.
Any u-21 internationals at Town? :confused:
For fúcks sake, the local rugby team is more popular than ye! At least City are bigger than Con. Do ye attract sponsorship deals worth the best part of a million €?

Why would Flynny want to leave his hometown club, where he is basically an idol, to go to some small, shítty Division 3 club in one of the most ignored leagues in the UK?

Now, féck off back to Cobblers World or whatever forum ye have. If ye even have one.

Media coverage in England is I can tell you far far better than it is in Ireland. Anyone watch Nationwide on ITV ? Also Sky Sports have been known to venture down to this part of the world as well. We also have our own radio station and get good coverage from the local papers. I've seen what passes for media coverage in Ireland and all I can say is I've seen more coverage of football from Pakistan on Western Union Football than I've seen of Irish football by its own media

If you think D3 in England is far inferior to the EL your simply an idiot. Thankfully though idiocy seems to be confined to this forum as I've had a look at 2 other Irish Clubs forums and the conversation seems to be a bit more rational

http://gypsiesweb.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1087814524

http://www.srfcultras.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5979&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I ain't here to gloat, have no reason too. But if you think Cork are top of their game with what you have now then thats ok. A simple man lives by simple means.

patsh
21/06/2004, 8:25 PM
Didn't Jack Charlton base his "footballing philosophy" ( :rolleyes: ) on Northhampton? (Of course, I could be thinking of the wrong club)
If I remember it rightly, few years ago they were in the 4th division and won promotion. They played a simple system. They simply hoofed the ball up to a few really tall centre forwards. It seems this was very effective, and they had a very good season, results wise. They never played football, as such, just pressurised the opposition when they didn't have the ball, and when they got it back, hoofed it into the box.
If I have the right club, have they moved on from those days?

tippman
21/06/2004, 9:13 PM
I doubt any club in Ireland would be anything more a decent D3 side.
Bohemian FC 3-1 Spurs, (this was two seasons ago when the league was'nt even as good as it is now) speaks for its self really :ball:
Oh and before you go saying spurs reserves it was'nt, spurs put their strongest team out

Have you ever been to an el game?...muppet

Cobbler
21/06/2004, 9:27 PM
Bohemian FC 3-1 Spurs, (this was two seasons ago when the league was'nt even as good as it is now) speaks for its self really :ball:
Oh and before you go saying spurs reserves it was'nt, spurs put their strongest team out

Have you ever been to an el game?...muppet

Friendly wasn't it ?? Sure we beat a Arsenal a few years back in a friendly. Don't think I'm going to claim we could win the English PL

If you've a read through the posts you would have seen I've been to games in Ireland. Do try keep up down the back :rolleyes:

As a poster on the Shamrock forum said. Sheffied Wednesday where 3 points of D3 last season and in fairness no Irish club could hold a candle to them. Have to hand it too some of. Your grand dilusions of thinking you and the EL are a cut above D3 is funny reading

Cobbler
21/06/2004, 9:35 PM
You can't judge Irish/EL players or clubs unless they play consistently v.foreign clubs or players!The EL record in Europe & players is gradually getting better,the former from a very low base until a few years ago.....here's to continued improvement.

Agreed and hats off to those clubs who get results here and there in Europe

My main point really is that maybe apart from the football the EL is so far behind even D3 clubs in England. I've lost count of how many good grounds I went at away games last season. Then you get super grounds like Darlington and Hull that play in a better stadium than even the Irish national team let alone the EL. So reasons that some people on here base their argument on is daft boarding on cult blind delusion

Jon'o
21/06/2004, 9:46 PM
My main point really is that maybe apart from the football the EL is so far behind even D3 clubs in England. I've lost count of how many good grounds I went at away games last season. Then you get super grounds like Darlington and Hull that play in a better stadium than even the Irish national team let alone the EL. So reasons that some people on here base their argument on is daft boarding on cult blind delusion

my point centers around why come onto a irish football site if you are so obsessed with how much better english teams and grounds are? if they are so good then feck off to one and dont come back :mad:

Cobbler
21/06/2004, 9:53 PM
my point centers around why come onto a irish football site if you are so obsessed with how much better english teams and grounds are? if they are so good then feck off to one and dont come back :mad:

Your point centers !! Am I missing something ? Its your only point you Herbert :rolleyes:

Seen as though NTFC where linked with one of yours I thought I'd look into it. But what I had a read of on here was... well I won't spell it out for you. Usually if your Club is linked with someone you check it out. Is that a bit hard for you to understand :rolleyes:

tiktok
21/06/2004, 9:53 PM
Cobbler, Having a Radio station solely for the use of the club is impressive, moreso if it's web streaming to exiled Cobblers fans about the world, and it's definitely a fair point that the EL gets little coverage, though I'll hope that with the rugby club stealing newspaper headlines, you'll at least recognise the trouble in competing with other sports and leagues (I'm sure there are Man Utd and Chelsea shirts in Northampton too).

You've mentioned the crowd that followed you to Wembley and 40,000 is a brilliant crowd :ball: . The mystery is a 7,500 all seater stadium, which implies that the club isn't progressive and despite the supporter's trust development fund the club hasn't built on those bumper crowds. But then the numbers that attend a match doesn't define a club, Monaco didn't even bring 20,000 to the Champions league final ;) .

In contrast, whether we get there or not CCFC are at least trying to be progressive, the ground has come on a lot in the year you've been away and we have planning permission to turn it all seater (also 7500 coincidentally) and include those corporate facilities that help generate extra income, the core fan base of the club has been increasing, and while our trophy cabinet is roomy, we are the best supported club in the league.

Two pubs and fast food outlets may add to the matchday experience on a dreary saturday afternoon next january, but I don't think they'll attract a player tbh.

I don't know what's involved with your centre of excellence, but it hasn't done you much good on the field has it ;) , that said, if it means you've got top class training facilities and sports injury facilities, it might be worth something to a player looking to improve. If the centre means that you've got a bunch of promising kids on a YTS like scheme, kicking a ball off a wall in the morning before playing snooker or visiting the cinema in the evening, then it's a different story.

Although CCFC are less than ninety minutes from a sports injury centre in Ireland that even GB's own Olympic atheletes have been known to frequent, and O'Flynn has witnessed first hand the World Class treatment and phsyio facilities the club has access to.

But if you were a footballer with ambition where would you like to ply your trade? O'Flynn has four Ireland Caps at U21 level, all earned while catching the eye at city. It may be only a few games a year, but Shining in the game v Malmo at the weekend, has shown him to have the ability to score no matter what the opposition, which will attract clubs.

That said, going back to my very first paragraph, because of our exposure to the English game here, there are people who see Lee Trundle as a better option up front for Ireland than O'Flynn, not so much based on his league record, but on the fact that he scored a few goals against better opposition in his clubs FA cup run. I think it'd take a similar run by Northampton to get Flynn noticed, I don't see that happening to be honest, but anything is possible.

Anyway, all this is moot, you can't compare leagues unless at the very least clubs from them compete at a competitive level. We're not going to be playing in Div3, you're not going to play here or meet us in Europe. If Flynny did move, I have little doubt he'd be a star for you, and you'd be disappointed to lose him on a free to a club you don't neccessarily view as a step up.

By you're own admission you've seen two dire games at the cross, strange that you don't remember O'Flynn, makes me wonder if you even know who you're arguing about?

A good stadium with great facilities? Fair play cobblers, maybe someday you'll have a team on the field worth a mention too :confused: .
Me, I'll have European football watching my great (if small by your terms) club in a stadium that I know two years down the line will be a worthy stage for continental clubs you'll be watching on the telly.

Whether he goes or not, he's better than your club, and he'll just be taking a less scenic route to being a household name. :p

Jon'o
21/06/2004, 10:02 PM
Your point centers !! Am I missing something ? Its your only point you Herbert :rolleyes:

Seen as though NTFC where linked with one of yours I thought I'd look into it. But what I had a read of on here was... well I won't spell it out for you. Usually if your Club is linked with someone you check it out. Is that a bit hard for you to understand :rolleyes:

herbert? no percy? prehaps :rolleyes:

now

as someone who is also currently unlucky enough to be LIVING IN YOUR TOWN i find some of your posts vv funny

northampton town fc is a club that is trying to play above its level.. ffs its not so long ago that you shared grounds with the county cricket team.

the only reason that they havent gone under despite the efforts of the council, mk dons and rushden is the new buyer for the club, if it wasnt for him im sure your team would be long gone