PDA

View Full Version : Will the FAI do anything about Shels?

tiktok
10/06/2004, 9:45 AM
I'm sorry for starting another thread on the incident tuesday night, and if the mods feel it should be merged, fair enough.
But this time I'm focusing my negative energies towards the FAI.

If proof was ever needed that Shelbourne are beyond reproach :rolleyes: , it's in the response to my receipt request that I received from my email to the FAI on the incident.....

Your message

To:
Cc: info@corkcityfc.ie; info@shelbournefc.ie
Subject: Incident at Tolka Park 08Jun04
Sent: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:59:43 +0100

was deleted without being read on Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:05:11 +0100

I didn't expect anything to come of it, but I at least thought someone might read the bloody thing. :mad:

pete
10/06/2004, 9:47 AM
Who is she in the FAI? maybe genuine mistake cos went to wrong section?

thecorner
10/06/2004, 9:52 AM
did u expect anything else

what the fcuk is a woman doing involved in F.A.I. anyway :)

A face
10/06/2004, 10:49 AM
Send an open letter to a few of the national papers ..... highlighting to protocol/procedure of the FAI as regatrds problem solving still aint up to much.

That should get them moving ..... Keep the copy of the mail in your sent items as well just so you have it.

I'd nearly CC UEFA and FIFA aswell .... just for good measure, and see do they read it.

Macy
10/06/2004, 10:55 AM
or would you just delete it without reading.
Yes. :D

You should wait a few days first though before doing anything - could be a few people with access to that mail address, and some one else could be dealing with it. We have a section mail addy, that 5 people have access to all the time. And stuff does get deleted by mistake (and then moved back into the inbox), with someone thinking that someone's dealing with it. They're not necessarily ignoring you, send it again and see what happens

A face
10/06/2004, 11:00 AM
Yes. :D

You should wait a few days first though before doing anything - could be a few people with access to that mail address, and some one else could be dealing with it. We have a section mail addy, that 5 people have access to all the time. And stuff does get deleted by mistake (and then moved back into the inbox), with someone thinking that someone's dealing with it. They're not necessarily ignoring you, send it again and see what happens

It happens alright .... but seeing as it is the FAI and all this has happened before ..... i'd say NO !!

Can you report the incident to the Gardas .... can they do anything.

Macy
10/06/2004, 11:12 AM
It happens alright .... but seeing as it is the FAI and all this has happened before ..... i'd say NO !!

Except you'll be putting all the FAI's ills on the shoulders of some young one who might have just started there, or made an easy enough error!. No harm sending it again, and if it happens again let fly with the full works...

A face
10/06/2004, 11:29 AM
No harm sending it again, and if it happens again let fly with the full works...

How about doing both ?? :)

thecorner
10/06/2004, 11:32 AM
,the opposite sex could hardly do much worse,FFS! :o

well, they did

maybe she doesnt know how to open an e-mail

women and technology :rolleyes:

tiktok
10/06/2004, 12:16 PM
No harm sending it again, and if it happens again let fly with the full works...

I did send it again, with a nice polite opening that 'I hope it was deleted in error initially'.

To be fair, I got a reply form Andy Needham, the public relations officer very quickly so I guess I wronged the girl above initially so i'm going to edit my posts so I don't give anyone new to the topic the wrong impression, looks like it was a mistake originally.
So hands up there, I called it wrong.

The reply I got was that the league couldn't comment at the moment as the incident was under review by the FAI Eircom League diciplinary Committee.

CCFC also got back to me in the meantime to say that they are considering their response to the incident at the moment.

Bit happier now, excuse earlier ranting :o

A face
10/06/2004, 2:15 PM
Andy Needham

That was deleted !!

tiktok
10/06/2004, 3:13 PM
That was deleted !!

:confused: not sure I understand A Face

A face
10/06/2004, 9:46 PM
:confused: not sure I understand A Face

I could be wrong but EVERY time i have heard that guys name i have not been impressed. It is his attitude and the way he replies etc. ... on the phone, he comes across crap (as if he doesn't want to be there). I'd put money on it that he deleted it.

But then again ... i could be wrong (but i have seen any other side to him)

Citygirl
11/06/2004, 11:22 AM
Sent emails to the FAI, Shels and Cork City. Basically just said that I was disgusted that the young fellas weren't told leave the grounds when they threw stuff at Pat at half time and said that travelling supporters need to feel safe going into grounds but how can we do so when managers are allowed to be attacked. Also said that City and Bohs are doing great jobs keeping people off the pitch at full-time and clubs like Shels are letting the league down. Received this reply from Barbara Sweeney from City this morning:

Dear Erika - thank you for taking the time to write this. As we see that
you have already contacted other parties we will not forward this on. We do
take the incident seriously and will be discussing how we intend to respond.

You are right that at Turners Cross we work hard to ensure the safety of all
those attending, home or away supporters, officials and referees. We
appreciate the support from you and all other supporters and we welcome your
comments.

Up the Rebel Army! Barbara Sweeney, Administration

pete
11/06/2004, 11:52 AM
I think the only clubs in the Premier not to keep spectators off their pitches are Pats & Shel$. Not seen anybody on the pitch at Drogs, Derry, Longford or Waterford in recent years.

Schumi
11/06/2004, 1:30 PM
Not seen anybody on the pitch at Drogs, Derry, Longford or Waterford in recent years.
Didn't some ****wit punch a linesman in Drogheda earlier this season?

pete
11/06/2004, 1:37 PM
Didn't some ****wit punch a linesman in Drogheda earlier this season?

true but suppose what I meant is they make some effort to keep epople off the pitch. Every club will have the odd idiot but they should @ least be trying to discourage people entering the pitch.

SÓC
11/06/2004, 1:42 PM
true but suppose what I meant is they make some effort to keep epople off the pitch. Every club will have the odd idiot but they should @ least be trying to discourage people entering the pitch.
Thats it, if somebody gets on despite the best efforts of the club then fair enough but bloody hell Shels and Pats pratically encourage it.