PDA

View Full Version : "Ferguson struck as he leaves Highbury pitch"

Counting Crow
09/06/2004, 10:11 PM
"Reports coming in from Highbury say that as Alex Ferguson was walking off the pitch at Arsenal this evening, after their 2-2 all draw with the Gunners, a young fan ran on the pitch a fired a water bomb into his face at close range. Coach Venger said of the incident that Ferguson was always creating hassle when it came to his club and that they never had any problems before with previous managers such as Tommy Docherty, Matt Busby or Dave Sexton. On the incident with the young hooligan he said he caught the young thug and told him never to do that again"

.......fcuk me! Can you actually imagine this happening in the Premiership or any other properly run League for that matter? Even the GAA would take action on something like this!!!!!

These Dublin knacker$ should have the book thrown at them and a serious fine imposed.

Our manager was attacked last night. No matter that it was a water bomb. What does it take..........does the guy need to be stabbed?

The only reason they won't shut the kip is that too many teams use the bloody place at this stage and half the premier division would be homeless......! :mad:

I honestly believe that what we are seeing this season is indicitive of the social problems eminating from that hole of a city. Why else can we go to Longford, Derry, Drogheda......and yeah, even Waterford, and enjoy our stay there with the locals, with no fear for our well being.

That's twice this season now that members of our Club have been assalted in Dublin....
.....D Murphy at Pat's
.....P Dolan at $hel$.

For once, can the LoI stand up to these thugs and show that they have a spine?

tiktok
09/06/2004, 10:22 PM
I sent an email to eircomleague@fai.ie and copied info@corkcity.ie and info@shelbournefc.ie on it.
Just wrote down exactly what I saw after the full time whistle went, no swearing or melodrama, I was nice and polite.

I think anybody else who witnessed the incident should do the same :ball:

Counting Crow
09/06/2004, 10:35 PM
Now here's a thought ..... the more sane and normal $hel$ fans are worried, and on their own websites are expressing concerns that they may now loose their UEFA Licence as a result of this incident.

Wouldn't it be funny if they were forced to play their European game at another Clubs ground........like say, Turners Cross......... :D

A face
09/06/2004, 11:00 PM
expressing concerns that they may now loose their UEFA Licence as a result of this incident.

While if it happened at the cross, whatever punishment is due would be dealt out without casting a second thought, i wouldn't like that to happen to them, just as long as if it were dealt with properly.

But lads come off the stage .... nothing will happen to them. Thats why they are where they are. They always get away with it. Why should it be different now.

sullanefc
10/06/2004, 12:43 AM
I sent an email to eircomleague@fai.ie and copied info@corkcity.ie and info@shelbournefc.ie on it.
Just wrote down exactly what I saw after the full time whistle went, no swearing or melodrama, I was nice and polite.

I think anybody else who witnessed the incident should do the same :ball:

You might want to re-send that one. info@corkcityfc.ie is the correct address.

tiktok
10/06/2004, 7:44 AM
You might want to re-send that one. info@corkcityfc.ie is the correct address.

cheers, that was a typo on the post, had the right address on the mail when i checked