PDA

View Full Version : When All Are FIT

thecorner
09/06/2004, 6:05 PM
the players that started the last 2 games against pats and shels are well capable of starting every game

so what happens when everybody is available

kevin doyle
joe gamble
stephen o flynn
hoggie
ken coleman?????
derek coughlan????

plus sweeney and kearney on the bench

dolan is gonna have a few headaches and a few unhappy players

tiktok
09/06/2004, 6:18 PM
I'm not sure where Joe Gamble will fit in but going on the games I've seen this season...

Devine
Hoggy Murray Benno Murphy
Doyler Colin George Nwankwo
Fenn Flynn

Of that team I think Nwankwo is probably most at risk from Stephen O'Flynn and Gamble, while he and Woods have done the business going forward, our full backs are often left exposed (especially so by Woods, Greg suffered last night in exactly the same way as Lordan suffered at home to Rovers, so he's not on my XI)

I know I'll get stick for leaving Fenn in, but I wouldn't play John O'Flynn up front with Doyler, they'd be too similar, Gamble may replace George in Centre midfield with George up front.

jofyisgod
09/06/2004, 6:20 PM
a few unhappy players

That would be my main worry. Some of those players just can't afford to be lost. Hopefully they are all going to act professionally enough to tkae it, improve and fight for a place.

Gary
09/06/2004, 6:44 PM
Dolan is gonna have a few headaches and a few unhappy players

Cliché, but they are the type of problems managers want.

Keeping the others happy will test Dolans man managenent skill to the limit.

Still though, thats his job, and he is getting well paid. That said, rather him than me to make those decisions. Not going to be easy.

Snatch
09/06/2004, 9:20 PM
Obviously, they won't all fit in the first team but to be honest it will be a welcome problem. Remember we don't just want to be a good City team we want to be a league winning one. Last night showed we aren't far off that standard but need more quality in a couple of positions.

IMO that would need the back line strenghtened by bringing Derek back and Coleman if what I hear about him is true. Hoggie should come return to the first team too. I think Colin T has been punching above his weight in midfield and was exposed last night as Shels pressed forward. I would see Gamble going straight in there. I think the toughest calls will be the wing positions picking two of Billy, Kearney, Nwankwo, Doyler and Steve O' Flynn.

The best 11 of an all fit squad plus prospective signings would be worthy of winning the league.

thecorner
10/06/2004, 1:17 AM
I think Colin T has been punching above his weight in midfield and was exposed last night as Shels pressed forward. I would see Gamble going straight in there.

it would be a total injustice if colin t was dropped

gamble should be made wait for his chance

colin t has been one of our best performers this season and always plays well

thecorner
12/06/2004, 10:03 AM
I think Colin T has been punching above his weight in midfield .

were u at the game last night snatch

do u still think this??????