PDA

View Full Version : Billy Woods leaving rovers

James
01/06/2001, 8:16 PM
once again there is the end of season rumour that Shamrock rovers player Billy Woods will be leaving the club.
woods living in cork just like last close season is linked with a possible move to cork city, whom he stared for before moving to rovers.
The transfer to City was held up last summer due to the excessive transfer demands of rovers who were looking for £15,000 for woods while city were only rumoured to pay 10K max.

then of course City signed Devine for 15k when they had a perfectly decent keeper in Noel mooney so go figure

james

Neil
01/06/2001, 8:27 PM
The possible £10,000 on offer for the winners of the Super Cup would be wisely spent on Woods now though, I feel. [Even though I think he is out of contract, does that mean he can come on a 'Free'?]

joe
01/06/2001, 9:37 PM
If e's out of contract, which he apparently is, then he should be able to move for free. I remember hearing something during the season about Rovers owing City money and that was part of the reason he didn't move back then.

rebel yell
04/06/2001, 10:33 PM
Don't you think it's about time Cork got some new players?Murphy
shouldn't make the mistake of getting in players from the past. Patsy Freyne was great player but he was around when Captain's Birdseye was a cabin boy. We need some new blood!

Éanna
18/06/2001, 6:15 PM
Any chance they'd give us Gaz instead?! Seriously though, rebelyell has a point about the old boys brigade at city.

Pauro 76
19/06/2001, 8:35 AM
Hmm, wheres all the Rovers fans, was hoping to take the **** out of them, and all i find is ye Cork lads, your everywhere!!! :D :p