PDA

View Full Version : Mns 11/04/11

Spudulika
11/04/2011, 6:18 PM
I was wondering was anyone going to start this. What the hell is the point of fanscope? Not to knock the two wee lads on this evening, but are our tongues forever going to be stuck to the posterior of the motherland? Forget the drivel on Saturdays, we can do better.

dfx-
11/04/2011, 6:30 PM
Does there have to be a point?

The less time possible to show Rovers' performance on Friday night the better..

maksimir
11/04/2011, 7:54 PM
Thought the panel was decent, all good speakers although Kenny Cunningham would'nt have the best loi knowledge it is interesting to hear different people. As far as the footage was concerned, good performances from Derry, Sligo and Bray.

Candystripe
11/04/2011, 10:13 PM
It's actually been renamed "fanscoops" ;)

marinobohs
12/04/2011, 12:31 PM
I was wondering was anyone going to start this. What the hell is the point of fanscope? Not to knock the two wee lads on this evening, but are our tongues forever going to be stuck to the posterior of the motherland? Forget the drivel on Saturdays, we can do better.

Fanscope is nothing more than a homage to bar stoolers via SKY sports rip off, barely funny the first time and cringeworthy at this stage. Thought the show was good this week although still think more footie required.
Thought panel were good, prem guys (kenny Cunningham this week) lack knowledge of the game here but can bring a new perspective - as long as they continue to attend games.
Would still like a potted history of each LOI club, one per week, giving backround and history - that A-Z thing is rubbish.

Charlie Darwin
12/04/2011, 6:05 PM
Cunningham obviously doesn't know as much about the LOI as the domestic panelists but he did his research. Knew all the players' names etc. Contrast that to Giles and Houghton who offered good insights but didn't really put as much effort in.

gael353
12/04/2011, 7:45 PM
One of the worst items of MNS is when a goal is scored, they then show a slower more blurred version of the same goal with the same camera. Terrible stuff

blue til i die
12/04/2011, 10:34 PM
One of the worst items of MNS is when a goal is scored, they then show a slower more blurred version of the same goal with the same camera. Terrible stuff

I thought that was just my television.... :o

Was there no papertalk either?

showgies
13/04/2011, 8:12 AM
The quality of the camera picture from the showgrounds was very poor. It was worse when they showed replays.

outspoken
13/04/2011, 9:17 AM
I thought this weeks show was great and really enjoyed Cunningham's views but fan scope has to go

MariborKev
13/04/2011, 9:32 AM
Not a fan of "fanscope" at all.

As others have said, I'd rather have 30 seconds more highlights from every game than have to listen to that.

Schumi
13/04/2011, 10:57 AM
I'd rather have 30 seconds more highlights from every game than have to listen to that.

You could extend that thought to most of the features on the show.

maksimir
13/04/2011, 12:27 PM
To be honest the time slot is amazing for a sport that probably only attracts the fourth largest crowds to games after the 2 gaa games and rugby. The programme tries to do to much in the time given it - I would trial it for a few weeks with no fanzone, a-z, etc., and show extended coverage of prem games with more analysis from decent guests and then show all the goals from the first also. Even a channel hopping barstooler is more likely to appreciate a cracking 1st division strike in a first division round-up than some Pats/Sligo/Derry fan yelling 'Jaaaaaysus that was close' and hamming up for the camera on that fanzone thing that was lifted from soccer am years ago. Also a quick look at top scorer tables etc., would be nice. Maybe we should all email then separately with our points instead of just sounding off here?

Guinney
13/04/2011, 2:44 PM
I thought this weeks show was good, but there is still plenty of room for improvement. Fanscope is okay but it depends on the fans they get. I could actually hardly understand the chap from Dundalk myself so I don't know how anyone outside of 'The Town' could understand him. Cunningham did well for the most part and obviously put in some research.

Carrick Rd End
13/04/2011, 5:06 PM
I liked seeing Cunningham on it, his knowledge of the LOI may not be fantastic (except knowing every member of the Derry City midfield!) but having a face that is recognisable to the non-LOI fan may draw in new spectators. Your English Premier League fan may know who Gormley, Sadlier or Barry is, but having a name like Giles or Cunningham on the sofa helps to quell the notion that Irish Soccer is a poor quality version of its English counterpart.

However! You could tell that Cunningham hasnt seen many League of Ireland games, given that he was full of compliments for Damien Hancock. Which is in stark contrast to what the commentators were saying on Friday night.

Rasputin
14/04/2011, 8:08 AM
Thought it was decent the last night, all bar the fanscope.
I would agree with what MarinoBohs said there that a whole potted history of a club in say a 2 or 3 minute slot would be brilliant instead of the gimmicky a-z.
Cunningham was remarkably good on the show, did his homework and took an interest and you could tell.
All in all positive but just get rid of the gimmicks, I dont mind gimmicks in themselves if they are worth it but the A-Z is poor at best and the fanscope is just woefull.

sheao
14/04/2011, 8:22 AM

Bad form alright in fairness.

outspoken
15/04/2011, 4:05 PM
Cunningham is going to be on it again in a few weeks according to MNS on their Facebook page.

cornflakes
15/04/2011, 4:12 PM
Cunningham is going to be on it again in a few weeks according to MNS on their Facebook page.

I can't stop looking at his eyebrows

Carrick Rd End
16/04/2011, 8:59 PM
I can't stop looking at his eyebrows

Ha! Thought it was just me!

First
18/04/2011, 6:28 PM
Which of them jizzed on Morley's head?