PDA

View Full Version : Mervue away/bus

Monkfish
10/04/2011, 5:07 PM
Just so ya know its being arranged. Further details to follow and all members will get a txt soon.

Monkfish
13/04/2011, 10:24 PM
Bus @ 5pm from AQ Park. E15 members E20 non members E10 kids.

Monkfish
15/04/2011, 1:24 AM
Bus is now fully booked.

limunlim
15/04/2011, 2:03 PM
We really need a win here but I think we will have to settle for a score draw and fading promotion hopes already.

Jofspring
15/04/2011, 4:16 PM
A draw is likely and while Mervue are better than they used to be it still isn't a good result. Playing catch up already. A win tonight, draw in the Shels game and a win for Harps would be three good results for us I think.

LK37oldskool
15/04/2011, 5:13 PM
good luck to everyone travelling tonight,ye've more faith than me.I hope its rewarded with a good result.

LK37oldskool
15/04/2011, 8:29 PM
Lims 2 up.stevo both goals.Looking good.

ped_ped
15/04/2011, 8:45 PM
Finished 2 - 0 :) Scrappy enough game by all accounts, but still - 3 points in the bag :D

Jofspring
15/04/2011, 10:42 PM
Thought Limerick where comfortable enough. Where able to pass the ball around much easier tonight. Helped that Mervue actually wanted to try score themselves.

I really think Jackman Park is holding Limerick back to a certain extent. The pitch is pretty small so when teams come down and stick everyone behind the ball it is very hard to break down on such a small pitch. Tonight on a lovely playing surface on probably a pitch a small bit bigger we where well able to play ball.

Hynes was again excellent, great work rate and showed his quality. A good partner for O'Flynn and played through a lovely ball for O'Flynns first goal. O'Flynns second was a cracker from the edge of the box to the opposite side of the net. O'Flynn could probably have had another, S.Tracey could have had one and Coughlan when he came on. Frost was solid again as was C.Tracey (far better than he was last week). Purcell and McCarthy where solid at the back, Purcell had one of his best games of the season so far, he had Gaffney in his pocket which isn't an easy thing to do. Judge was excellent in the middle once again and Broughall while not outstanding wasn't terrible in the middle either, a few way ward passes but overall got around and got stuck in. Quinn was a bit of a link up man and it suited him more I think, he wants the ball to feet and to be able to play with it so this position suited him.

All around a better performance than last week but I'd still be worried about Athlone coming down in our next home game and sticking 11 men behind the ball. Hopefully O'Flynn and Hynes will be too much for them to handle.

Lim till i die
16/04/2011, 1:42 AM
Hynes was again excellent, great work rate and showed his quality.

This man deserves heaps of credit. Ask any fan of one of his previous clubs in pre season and they'd assure you he's a fat waster (a man after my own heart :p). But he has worked his ball axe off since he signed, arguably our player of the year so far.

Big positive tonight aswell was Stevo starting to find his range, hopefully this is the beginning of one of his superhuman First Division scoring sprees.

Paddy Purcell is as good as I've ever seen him aswell.

It's all good........... Til next week. :p

harpin
16/04/2011, 7:48 AM
The pitch is pretty small so when teams come down and stick everyone behind the ball it is very hard to break down on such a small pitch.

Is it really? It's been a long time since I played on it but always thought it was a big pitch or maybe I was massively unfit....or under 10...genuine question though

Jofspring
16/04/2011, 10:32 AM
Is it really? It's been a long time since I played on it but always thought it was a big pitch or maybe I was massively unfit....or under 10...genuine question though

It may not actually be but it seems it. The space Limerick players seem to have had in Turners Cross, Tolka and again last night seems to be much bigger than any of the games in Jackman. I could be wrong but thats the way it has come across to me.

bluewhitearmy
16/04/2011, 12:20 PM
Thought Limerick where comfortable enough. Where able to pass the ball around much easier tonight. Helped that Mervue actually wanted to try score themselves.

I really think Jackman Park is holding Limerick back to a certain extent. The pitch is pretty small so when teams come down and stick everyone behind the ball it is very hard to break down on such a small pitch. Tonight on a lovely playing surface on probably a pitch a small bit bigger we where well able to play ball.

Hynes was again excellent, great work rate and showed his quality. A good partner for O'Flynn and played through a lovely ball for O'Flynns first goal. O'Flynns second was a cracker from the edge of the box to the opposite side of the net. O'Flynn could probably have had another, S.Tracey could have had one and Coughlan when he came on. Frost was solid again as was C.Tracey (far better than he was last week). Purcell and McCarthy where solid at the back, Purcell had one of his best games of the season so far, he had Gaffney in his pocket which isn't an easy thing to do. Judge was excellent in the middle once again and Broughall while not outstanding wasn't terrible in the middle either, a few way ward passes but overall got around and got stuck in. Quinn was a bit of a link up man and it suited him more I think, he wants the ball to feet and to be able to play with it so this position suited him.

All around a better performance than last week but I'd still be worried about Athlone coming down in our next home game and sticking 11 men behind the ball. Hopefully O'Flynn and Hynes will be too much for them to handle.

Agree with most of this except Broughall in midfield...Thought he added nothing at all he did nothing going forward and i cant remmber him winning much ball at all.
If your going to play a defender in midfield at least leave it to Peter White who will be used to it at this stage.

Very good thing that Steve is loking like he is getting going.Second goal was a cracker.

harpin
16/04/2011, 1:33 PM
It may not actually be but it seems it. The space Limerick players seem to have had in Turners Cross, Tolka and again last night seems to be much bigger than any of the games in Jackman. I could be wrong but thats the way it has come across to me.

More likely cos we're the away team though surely and the home team will come out and play

gspain
17/04/2011, 10:45 AM
I don't think the pitch at Jackman or opponents putting ten men behind the ball are our problem. We struggle when teams get very physical. We need to match this agression.

Mervue tried to play football on Friday night and we beat them. Shels did likewise and we drew a very good game. Interesting quote from Pat Scully during the week

"We will have to work very hard and match their aggression to get the right result.”

Jofspring
17/04/2011, 3:10 PM
I agree we have to be more physical but I don't think Wexford Youths where actually that physical.

Monkfish
18/04/2011, 1:26 PM
I don't think Wexford Youths where actually that physical.

They 'put it about' as they say, only started picking up yellows in the 2nd half. Mervue was comfortable enough, they seemed to lose interest after a while.