PDA

View Full Version : US Masters 2011

paudie
10/04/2011, 11:46 AM
Rory McElroy leads by 4 with 1 round to go.

He played very steady yesterday. Hopefully he'll hold his nerve and go on to win. It would be some achievment at 21!

Cuyahoga
10/04/2011, 9:13 PM
Not looking good at the moment.

strangeirish
10/04/2011, 9:33 PM
Still imploding.

the 12 th man
10/04/2011, 9:59 PM
Terrible to see the lad falling apart.

tricky_colour
10/04/2011, 10:56 PM
Wow that was horrible.

Missed his last putt to nicely round off a nightmare.

In a real nightmare you would have woken up in a sweat well before the 18th :)

paudie
10/04/2011, 11:19 PM
It was hard to watch him for a while during that round. Fair play for giving a good interview at the end.

some finish by Schwartzel. 4 birdies in a row from 15!

tricky_colour
11/04/2011, 3:20 PM
I put a small amount of my Grand National winning on him out of interests, but I knew there was a real chance he
would have a nightmare because he was don't the same before. It was pretty clear from his first put things were not right.
He did manage one birdie but it was clear it was impossible for him to win, the fact the leader shot a round 14 shots
better than him speaks for itself.
He was 2 shots worse than the next worse player on the day.
It was brutal stuff.

passinginterest
11/04/2011, 3:27 PM
I'd be a bit worried about his preparation for the final round, having maybe too many young friends around him and then watching the Ulster Heineken cup quarter final. I thought he looked tired and a bit bedraggled on the practice ground before he even started his round, which wasn't a good sign. Obviously he might have struggled to sleep with nerves but being a big rugby fan you'd question if he was a bit drained after watching the game too, I'm sure we've all felt drained after cheering on our team only to see then narrowly beaten, maybe he'd have been better off giving it a miss and catching up with it later. All hypothetical of course, it could also be argued that it should have taken his mind of golf for a few hours and helped him relax, but I'm sure he'll examine his preparation and see if there's anything he can change in future.
He seemed to learn from his blow up in the second round of the British Open, holding it together until the final round this time. If he can learn another lesson from this he should be a major winner withtin the year.

Angus
11/04/2011, 9:44 PM
Every golfer in the history of the world has screwed up a tournament. Woods, Nicklaus, Watson, Seve, Faldo - admittedly few have as public and as visual an imposion like this but don't forget Dustin Johnson went through this last year and has played very well since

Was very surprised to see him tweeting Sunday morning (about jaysus rugby of all things) - but quite simply he has not served his time in majors and this was on the cards - like it or not, he is only a kid and is nowhere near as good as Tiger was at his age

So, hopefully the media will leave him alone, let him win a few times - stop bloody tweeting and he will be back