PDA

View Full Version : U-19's Progress

Bernie
10/11/2001, 9:55 AM
Brilliant performance by Brian Kerrs team last night saw them defeat Croatia 3-1. A massive crowd saw Ireland play like men possessed with the final score giving a fair reflection of the football on the night.

Fair play to Brian Kerr and Noel O Reilly. They seem to have the Midas touch at underage levels.

Now face a playoff with either France or Holland to go to the finals. (Talk about out of the frying pan...)

:)

Peadar
10/11/2001, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Bernie
Now face a playoff with either France or Holland to go to the finals. (Talk about out of the frying pan...) :)

I saw Ireland U19's beaten comprehensivly by a far superior French team in Tolka Park almost two years ago. Ireland are a better side now and France have lost a few influential lads through age.

Youth Is The Future!

sean1_3
10/11/2001, 2:27 PM
Can anyone tell me who scored the 3rd goal? The cross-come-shot that hit the post and in.

Gerry Desmond
10/11/2001, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by sean1_3
Can anyone tell me who scored the 3rd goal? The cross-come-shot that hit the post and in.

Third goal was scored by Reineer Moor who is on the books of Exeter City. Maybe he had a German grandad or something with a name like that...

Gerry

Aberdonian Stu
11/11/2001, 7:19 PM
Where's that lad from, I'm certain I've heard of his name and I don't think it was football related.

Bernie
12/11/2001, 11:10 AM
Heard an Interesting rumour yesterday.

Apparently the tournament in Cork was so successful that they are hoping that the home leg of the Playoff with France / Holland may well be played in Cork also.

Not sure when or where but maybe the Lights might be in situ at the 'Cross and who knows?