PDA

View Full Version : Text Messaging Service

L.T.F.C.
08/04/2011, 5:53 PM
Hi,

Part of a college module is to conduct some Market Research. So I thought for a while on what to do it on and who better but Longford Town!

The idea of a text-messaging system for LTFC came about years ago when I got a free subscription for United. Then LTFC had one, but it was more promotional than anything.

My one, would be for real fans, where you would receive a message with the starting 11, when there is a goal, and full-time result. There may also be a possibility of having a few News updates throughout the week.

I have a short survey (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MHYVB7J), only six questions long, just to test the water. I'd appreciate if you could fill it out and lend me your thoughts!
This started out as something for college, but I'd actually love to do something like this!

Anyway,
Thanks very much for reading the thread!

L.T.F.C.

Acornvilla
08/04/2011, 11:58 PM
Done :)

Martinho II
09/04/2011, 6:34 PM
me too!

Longfordian
09/04/2011, 7:41 PM
Me three. Hope it helps in some way!

rossi_eire
09/04/2011, 7:45 PM
no problem, survey completed!

L.T.F.C.
09/04/2011, 8:23 PM
Personally, I'd like to do it, but judging by the initial response, it isn't likely.

L.T.F.C.
10/04/2011, 12:32 AM
The survey will close tomorrow evening sometime. Not looking good for the alerts.

Town Legend
10/04/2011, 7:00 AM
Done!

outspoken
10/04/2011, 11:17 AM
Just filled it out there

L.T.F.C.
10/04/2011, 5:59 PM
The results are in!

17 people took the survey, and the results aren't what I expected.
I always thought that a service such as this would be very valuable to many but I was wrong.
Over 70% of people didn't want to pay more than €10 for over 40 games per season. That equals to 25 cent per game, as well as other updates outside of matchday.
This would equate to about 3-5 cent per text received, whereas other systems in the UK are up on 30 cent per text received. This would mean that the system would be ran at cost/loss.The advertising that was thought of, has in retrospect found to be not to be ideal, as the limit of the text would not be sufficient to include a proper update and proper advertising.
The cost of the text alert system and other tools and supplies required would far outweigh the income and therefore not be feasible.

I am very disappointed at the response, but I appreciate the time taken to complete the survey.

L.T.F.C.

Longfordian
10/04/2011, 7:12 PM
Can only speak for myself but I wouldn't really need it as I can check the scores and teams etc myself on extratime.ie on my phone and can get notifications of goals from futbol24.com. With more and more people having smartphones the demand would be reduced I reckon. A couple of years ago it would have been very handy.