PDA

View Full Version : Markets Field Renovations??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

LFC Blue
06/04/2011, 12:58 PM
Any movements up in the Markets Field yet lads?Will the playing surface be re-laid? I presume it would not currently be up to LOI standard.

Jofspring
06/04/2011, 1:07 PM
Any movements up in the Markets Field yet lads?Will the playing surface be re-laid? I presume it would not currently be up to LOI standard.

As far as I know nothing has been done up there yet. The club are currently looking into the 3G pitches like the one Dundalk use at the moment. From reports on them though they seem very expensive to maintain even if they can be rented out during the week.

bluewhitearmy
06/04/2011, 1:13 PM
As far as I know nothing has been done up there yet. The club are currently looking into the 3G pitches like the one Dundalk use at the moment. From reports on them though they seem very expensive to maintain even if they can be rented out during the week.

Club are also looking into some machine taht helps to maintain it far better that Dundalk dont have...Thats what im told anyway. And they should be starting some sort of work very soon.

LFC Blue
06/04/2011, 3:14 PM
What would the general consensus be amongst supporters on these synthethic pitches. Personally i'd be more of a traditionalist and favour the natural surface but i wouldn't knock the club for thinking outside the box on this one. What's the story with the bar facility up there.Nice little earner surely for the club if it can be retained?

bluewhitearmy
06/04/2011, 3:37 PM
What would the general consensus be amongst supporters on these synthethic pitches. Personally i'd be more of a traditionalist and favour the natural surface but i wouldn't knock the club for thinking outside the box on this one. What's the story with the bar facility up there.Nice little earner surely for the club if it can be retained?

Id eb in favour of the synthethic pitches the club can make miny off it and its a good playing surface and you dont really ahve to worry about games being called off due to waterlogging.

Someone from teh club was telling me at the dogs night that they will have 2 bars when they move in but that they need work done on them 1st.

Jofspring
06/04/2011, 4:49 PM
I wouldn't mind either way to be honest. The synthetic seems like the route to go down if it can be profitable from renting. If its going to be expense to run I see no need for it.

Its going to be great to have a bar. Even for people that don't drink its good to have somewhere to go before or after the games. You'd be suprised how many more people would make there way up for this reason too. I used to like going up to Kildare and Cobh cause it was great to go in for a quick pint and relax before going out to watch the match. Promotions on the drink like the ones I see Dundalk and Shels do would be very welcome also :D

Monkfish
06/04/2011, 10:45 PM
I presume it would not currently be up to LOI standard.

Its a patch of grass full of dog ****e so id wouldnt say so, im sure any major work would need planning permission sorted and bars need licences so I wouldnt be expecting much for a while yet.

abbeyvale
15/05/2011, 12:34 AM
Anyone got any news on what's happening in the Markets Field

I heard on Friday that although the deal for "The Markets Field" has been agreed, that it may not be ready for next season, due to the amount of renovation work that has to be done, it could mean another season in Jackman Park!!!!

bluewhitearmy
15/05/2011, 2:08 AM
I heard on Friday that although the deal for "The Markets Field" has been agreed, that it may not be ready for next season, due to the amount of renovation work that has to be done, it could mean another season in Jackman Park!!!!

Wouldnt surprise me if we never got there wouldnt be Limerick unless they gave out a story of good news that ends up never happening.

Monkfish
15/05/2011, 9:45 AM
Also can anyone update me as to why the club failed to get a main sponsor for the front of ther home shirts,y

No idea, didnt get a good enough offer yet? As for the MF, well im not sure but surely any development has to go through a planning process I presume. No point in lobbing up a few toilets, dressing rooms and terrace cause we'll have the same ones in 20 years and be moaning it should have been done right first time round.

thomas72
01/06/2011, 8:20 AM
Anyone got news on the pitch the club have decided to use in the Markets Field,
grass or plastic

Plastic

harpin
01/06/2011, 8:35 AM
Anyone got news on the pitch the club have decided to use in the Markets Field,
grass or plastic

Go out to Annacotty to see Ashlings or UL and that's the type of surface supposedly

Jofspring
01/06/2011, 9:29 AM
Go out to Annacotty to see Ashlings or UL and that's the type of surface supposedly

Haven't seen Aislings yet but ya something similar to that from what I hear. Looking forward to hearing of some official progress on the Markets Field.

Jofspring
20/06/2011, 5:42 PM
Limerick FC Press Conference

Thursday 23 June 5:30pm at Thomond Park

Monday 20th June 2011

Limerick FC will hold an important press conference at 5:30pm on Thursday 23 June at Thomond Park.

The press conference will see the unveiling new signings for Limerick FC in addition to an important presentation on the direction the Club is taking, including the work it carries out within the community, plans for the redevelopment of the Markets Field and much more.

All interested parties are welcome to attend.

For anyone interested.

stevekav
22/06/2011, 10:14 PM
Is it possible that the sacking of Pat Scully might be announced at this conference?

Also there was a piece in todays sun saying that Limerick have signed Dennis Behan and Gary Gamble, what's the truth in that?

thomas72
23/06/2011, 9:30 AM
for anyone interested.

is the press conference opened to the public?

bluewhitearmy
23/06/2011, 10:33 AM
is the press conference opened to the public?

Yep open to anyone.

capello any news to come out of it should be on here fairly soon afterwards anyway.

Jofspring
23/06/2011, 11:04 AM
According to POS in last weeks match program the Markets Field was only officially handed over last week so this is probably why there was a delay in announcing plans etc...

thomas72
23/06/2011, 2:13 PM
someone bring a camcorde and record it post it up here later :)

ped_ped
23/06/2011, 6:00 PM
Well here's at least one relevant pic (from Limerick Football Club on Facebook):

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268910_10150228570513886_93574368885_7251029_64859 78_n.jpg

Lookin' nice :)

mastershake
23/06/2011, 7:33 PM
Good stuff.Looks like the existing stand and pavilion will be kept and three smaller stands added.This is really all they should be looking at for the time being.See if we can draw a good fan base first, seek promotion and build on things from there.We're finally home.

Jofspring
23/06/2011, 7:53 PM
Looks good alright. Great to finally see plans.

Market's Field
23/06/2011, 7:53 PM
That's what the completed stadium will look like. Capacity 8100. First phase is pitch and floodlights, revamp and re-roofing of existing stand. Upgraded bar and new dressing rooms in corner beside existing stand. No track around pitch which is great.

thomas72
23/06/2011, 8:54 PM
any links to view plans

bluewhitearmy
23/06/2011, 9:34 PM
Questions that I would like to be answered by anyone that was at the PR meeting this evening,
(1) What is the completion date for phase 1
(2) What is the completion date for phase 2
(3) How do the club propose to pay for the new stadium
(4) Did they confirm what surface the playing pitch will be
(5) if anyone has anymore important info regarding this evening could you please post it

(1) Be ready for next season (March 2012)
(2) Hasnt been mentioned
(3) Pat O S and others.
(4) Said they were thinking about astro but are re-thinking now as major clubs may not want to play friendlies on it.
(5) Just showed the plans and announced signings as well as showing all the work done with kids and communities.

If ye open pdf file on the official site it has all the things that were shown as well as high quality pics of Markets Field plans
http://www.limerickfc.ie/home/home.html

LFC Blue
27/06/2011, 8:46 PM
Now that Pat Sullivan has confirmed that the Markets Field will be ready for lift off in just 8 months time i presume that the first sod will be turned in the immediate future considering the tight time frame.The playing surface will obviously need immediate attention to be ready in time.It would be great if any posters here could take a few pictures of the progress. Exciting times....

Monkfish
28/06/2011, 9:00 AM
It would be great if any posters here could take a few pictures of the progress. Exciting times....

Only if you join the SC. :p

LFC Blue
17/08/2011, 3:06 PM
Any progress on the Markets Field renovations does anyone know......

bluewhitearmy
17/08/2011, 3:19 PM
Any progress on the Markets Field renovations does anyone know......

Talking to one the lads involved with club about a week ago he said they are still sorting out contracts and said what they are getting done will be finished in no time though.
They are still hoping to have 3,00 seats in by the start of next season.

Treaty Gooner
17/08/2011, 4:20 PM
With the effort that went into the community day in Carew Pk today they should fly through it. Well done to all involved.

gael353
18/08/2011, 10:44 PM
What do people think of the three day event held by limerick fc and others in Carew park over the last few days? im not from the area so id like to know what locals thought. and on the markets field itself ive been told that work should begin on it in early December but clearance work can pretty much happen anytime.

legendz
03/09/2011, 11:20 AM
The plans unveiled are impressive. Hopefully the return to the spiritual home will get the support of the Limerick public.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa236/pat_462/football/MF2.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa236/pat_462/football/MF3.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa236/pat_462/football/MF4.jpg

legendz
03/09/2011, 11:20 AM
other of 4:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa236/pat_462/football/MF1.jpg

Jofspring
03/09/2011, 11:29 AM
I've heard the grass has been cut anyway.......

abbeyvale
03/09/2011, 5:03 PM
I've heard the grass has been cut anyway.......

Yep, I passed it the other day and there was a bit of work being done

outspoken
07/09/2011, 6:13 PM
looks very nice guys. Any idea what the planned capacity is?

Jofspring
07/09/2011, 6:55 PM
looks very nice guys. Any idea what the planned capacity is?

They are hoping to have a final capacity of 8,100 but it will be done in phases.

outspoken
08/09/2011, 4:28 PM
They are hoping to have a final capacity of 8,100 but it will be done in phases.

Jesus that would be great, best of luck with it.

Shannonsider
28/09/2011, 7:15 PM
Has anyone any update on how Phase 1 is going? I havnt got a chance to go in around Markets Fields in the last couple of weeks but there didnt seem to be much progress for outside the ground when I passed. Any information on this? Will it be ready by March?

gael353
28/09/2011, 10:09 PM
Lots of surveys done and the levels all taken and compleated in the last week. When the build starts it will be a short build so expext late nov/early dec for any real movement. Bulldozers in first to bulldoze out anything not essential

LFC Blue
31/10/2011, 11:08 AM
Any movement up at the Markets Field lads. i was only walking down Careys Road Saturday night when Pat O Sullivan referenced it in his pre match address so didn't catch what he said. Is March 2012 a bit of a strecth to have it operational??

thomas72
02/11/2011, 3:31 PM
Any movement up at the Markets Field lads. i was only walking down Careys Road Saturday night when Pat O Sullivan referenced it in his pre match address so didn't catch what he said. Is March 2012 a bit of a strecth to have it operational??

I heard from a member of the club that we will not be moving there for next season as It doesn't make financial sense that the club will only move there when we get premier football. ALso heard a well known bookmaker is very interested in leasing out one of the shops that the club are putting in but only if we are premier.

limunlim
03/11/2011, 11:59 PM
Are there going to be many shop units in the new ground? What kind of shop is the bookmaker looking at? I hope we go in there for next season either way.

Lim till i die
04/11/2011, 12:40 AM
If we're in the First Division I hope we don't!!

All the buzz and the bounce of moving in will be lost fairly quick when FC Carlow and Tralee Dynamos come rolling into town.

Financial suicide.

I will qualify that by saying, ideally it would be great to move back in there for the game where we collect the First Division trophy*, make an occassion out of it.

*assuming we win the thing like.

harpin
04/11/2011, 10:28 AM
Financial suicide.

Agreed

So where do people think we'll play next year

Jackman, Rathbane...or rumoured Thomond Park

1st two I wouldn't mind, prefer Jackman cos it's handier for me:)

fieldofmarkets
04/11/2011, 11:29 AM
I understand 1st division crowds would not be as big but what are the thoughts on the financial suicide? I thought rent/lease from LEDP would be very cheap if anything. Are running costs expected to be excessive or something? I'm hoping we move in asap anyway if the main stand can be updated in time.

bluewhitearmy
04/11/2011, 2:38 PM
Agreed

So where do people think we'll play next year

Jackman, Rathbane...or rumoured Thomond Park

1st two I wouldn't mind, prefer Jackman cos it's handier for me:)

If they would not move to the Markets Field if they are in the 1st division i find it highly unlikely they would play in Thomond.

Jofspring
04/11/2011, 2:50 PM
I wouldn't mind Hogan Park to be honest. The dressing rooms are bigger which is a big plus for visiting teams. Always a good atmosphere behind the goals when the shed gets filled. Hasn't there been work done there recently too?

bluewhitearmy
04/11/2011, 3:02 PM
I wouldn't mind Hogan Park to be honest. The dressing rooms are bigger which is a big plus for visiting teams. Always a good atmosphere behind the goals when the shed gets filled. Hasn't there been work done there recently too?

Should we really care about that though?

Agree though Hogan would be good less then 2 mins walk from me so would suit me fine.

Jofspring
04/11/2011, 3:13 PM
Should we really care about that though?

Agree though Hogan would be good less then 2 mins walk from me so would suit me fine.

Big plus for home teams too. By for away teams i mean it might stop the whinging about the size of the dressing rooms as they are decent enough compared to Jackman.