PDA

View Full Version : Get into the stand.

Xlex
08/06/2004, 1:58 PM
It kills me to suggest this, but in order to boost the support at home games we should consider ushering as many people into the stand as possible. Section O should lead from the front and agree to locate on a trial basis for a period of 5 home games and see if 120% vocal support will transend into a better return from our home games.

pete
08/06/2004, 2:20 PM
I don't know if ye noticed a flaw in the way your club operates its passes for the stand....?

Noticed this the last time down as bought stand ticket but never used.

- Buy stand ticket for match A.
- Enter ground but take up non-stand seat.
- Leave match with unused stand pass.
- Use stand pass to enter match B, C, D etc...

i.e. unless ye make new colour laminated passes each game?

Xlex
08/06/2004, 2:25 PM
Has that not been resolved... I thought it had been

pete
08/06/2004, 2:28 PM
Has that not been resolved... I thought it had been

And there was me thinking got free pass to Flancare for life :)

Dodge
08/06/2004, 2:40 PM
yeah a Pats fan tried that this year but they had changed the system...

max power
08/06/2004, 3:21 PM
its yellow for one game with the next i think..

Macy
08/06/2004, 3:28 PM
It kills me to suggest this, but in order to boost the support at home games we should consider ushering as many people into the stand as possible. Section O should lead from the front and agree to locate on a trial basis for a period of 5 home games and see if 120% vocal support will transend into a better return from our home games.
Eh, No. At least we go and sing and make tw@ts of ourselves without
1) Getting pĂ­ssed off with people not joining in
2) Get into trouble over nips
3) Get into trouble over language
4) Getting looked at like we've ten heads all match.

It doesn't work at away games (niether group joins in with the other), so why should it work at home games?

This is not meant to be the start of another saga of the stand v section O debate, however, if this was attempted I have no doubt it would soon turn into such.

max power
08/06/2004, 3:40 PM
just one question, if three sides of the ground are closed , where else do you go....?? can you stand beside the chip van or along there ????

Xlex
08/06/2004, 3:53 PM
Problem is that the atmosphere is brutal at home. Full stop.

You know I like being in Section O but it's an attempt to get people into the one area and to gee up some atmosphere because our numbers are hardly in the ascendancy. You could see how it works for the 5 games and then decide. I'd even suggest the upper right hand corner so as to keep the distance... I really don't see a problem with nips as long as some hoods don't get plastered and fall down that very steep stand.

Macy
08/06/2004, 4:08 PM
I'll go with majority, but personally I am opposed to it.

max power
08/06/2004, 11:37 PM
lads with the quick nips, as xlex says, once the younger lads aren't falling all over the place you'll be ok...if they get locked and mess where the crowd can see you'll get the blame, wouldn't like that.

Martinho II
09/06/2004, 10:21 PM
personally speaking ,I would think of the big picture and relocate to the stand only on a temporary basis. As xlex said ,the top right corner will do us. goin with max powers point, the lads that take the quick nips are the older lads, any of the cheeky young feckers only get a gulp and no more!

And there is a guarantee that the Section O hardcore wont be fallin around the place as we are well practiced in it! :D

by the way, longfordian ,is section o closed for the shels match and what is the latest developments on the ground closure for the uefa cup match?

Longfordian
10/06/2004, 8:02 AM
by the way, longfordian ,is section o closed for the shels match and what is the latest developments on the ground closure for the uefa cup match?

Not sure about the Shels game to be honest..As for the UEFA Cup, unless we get an announcement of money this week then I would think it'll be played in Tolka or Dalymount, which both Bohs and Shels have offered us the use of for nothing.

Xlex
10/06/2004, 9:07 AM
I would think it'll be played in Tolka or Dalymount, which both Bohs and Shels have offered us the use of for nothing.

Fair play to both. I'd like to see that well documented in the media.

gheewhizz
10/06/2004, 1:09 PM
3) Get into trouble over language

Macy I have sat in the stand for a lot of the home games this season, the language in the stand is absolutely appalling , I'd say section O language is probably sweet talk compared to what I've heard in the stand. I'm surprise parents bring their kids into the stand.
Besides it's worth a try to see if the atmosphere improves & hopefully HOME RESULTS improve along with the atmosphere!

Macy
10/06/2004, 1:18 PM
Macy I have sat in the stand for a lot of the home games this season, the language in the stand is absolutely appalling , I'd say section O language is probably sweet talk compared to what I've heard in the stand. I'm surprise parents bring their kids into the stand.
Besides it's worth a try to see if the atmosphere improves & hopefully HOME RESULTS improve along with the atmosphere!
Well that's my other concern - I don't think most of us would take the negativity towards the team/management that seems (from what I've been told and read) from some stand dwellers to well. Only going to lead to conflict. Sure we'll know when Section O is closed (although when Section O has a roof the stand singers could always move over too).

Anyway, Section O tomorrow night or not?

the 12 th man
10/06/2004, 1:41 PM
in my limited experience the boys from "section o" have the upperhand in the
bad grammar dept :rolleyes: :D

max power
10/06/2004, 1:42 PM
no the stand has got a lot worse in recent months....but secion O are more cultured with their language ;)

the 12 th man
10/06/2004, 1:49 PM
....but secion O are more cultured with their language ;)

oh i was wondering what all the french and germans chants were about at the rovers match :D

Macy
10/06/2004, 2:02 PM
oh i was wondering what all the french and germans chants were about at the rovers match :D
It wasn't us, it was Rovers ;)

the 12 th man
11/06/2004, 7:14 AM
It wasn't us, it was Rovers ;)

jasus i could have sworn they were comming from "section o".
are you sure it wasnt the "quick nip factor" kicking in ;)

Macy
11/06/2004, 12:52 PM
jasus i could have sworn they were comming from "section o".
are you sure it wasnt the "quick nip factor" kicking in ;)
There was a match on? :eek: :D

Macy
11/06/2004, 12:53 PM
So is God's own section open tonight or is it stand only?

Pauro 76
11/06/2004, 1:11 PM
In London jobhunting so wont be at the game! but best of luck with the game, and im hoping the stand and Section O will unite in joyous singing, chanting and holy matrimony... (i might be wrong...)

sorbothegreek
11/06/2004, 2:11 PM
OK now Pauro. Dont get one (that's DO NOT) get one that you might have to quit in the next couple of weeks.

Ya got that? :D

Xlex
11/06/2004, 2:18 PM
I doubt I'll make it. But just to clarify, is it the stand tonight.

Macy
11/06/2004, 2:34 PM
I doubt I'll make it. But just to clarify, is it the stand tonight.
I vote NO!

max power
11/06/2004, 2:55 PM
enjoy where ever yee go, i'm workin as usual so no game for me.......

Pauro 76
12/06/2004, 10:04 AM
OK now Pauro. Dont get one (that's DO NOT) get one that you might have to quit in the next couple of weeks.

Ya got that? :D

Strangely enough not leaving till after the European game... so i really should get a loyalty bonus for serving a company for more than six months!

Enda M
12/06/2004, 10:06 AM
you guys didnt come over last night suden change of heart was it

Macy
14/06/2004, 8:00 AM
you guys didnt come over last night suden change of heart was it
Yeah, we don't feel the need to boo the team off after a defeat to the fully professional league champions.

max power
14/06/2004, 8:52 AM
so you'll judt put up with the same rubbish week in and out until we're in division one, get off you moral high horse, how else do you make you disgust at recent performances known ???

Macy
14/06/2004, 9:29 AM
so you'll judt put up with the same rubbish week in and out until we're in division one, get off you moral high horse, how else do you make you disgust at recent performances known ???
It was the loudest the stand had been all night - there's sod all effort to try and get the team playing (not that we played that bad in the first fĂșckin place).

Bosco
16/06/2004, 10:16 PM
Whenever the stand "boos" the players off the pitch,it is always a very small minority(less then 20).It is unfair to associate the stand with the booing of our players.I dont see the need to boo the players.After every game the players come over to the stand and we clap them if we are happy with their perfromance and simply dont clap if you were not.After the shels game i was extremely dissapointed and simply sat and watched the players walk off.Most of them looked up and i'm sure they saw how dissapointed we were and they looked dissapointed too(Vinnie was in tears after his back pass costed us the second goal).
I was not dissapointed with the overall performance but was dissapointed that we did not get anything out of the game,after a decent 2nd half.Even a 1-0 defeat would not have been too bad a result but the fact that after outplaying shels for most of the 2nd half they still got a second goal at the end(similar to the bohs game at the start of the season)