PDA

View Full Version : Roddy Back At Bohs

Spudulika
01/04/2011, 7:41 AM
In a shocking turn of events Bohemians are set to announce the return of double winning manager Roddy Collins this morning. The former boss stepped down from his post with strugglers Monaghan United, following his appointment in Dublin, and has already begun to reform the dream team.

In an equally shocking move his former sidekick Pete Mahon has arrived at the club to take over the straight man role following years in the wilderness. "It's great to be back, this is where it all started after all and after UCD and other clubs, it's just a delight to be with a big club again, no disrespect to Belgrove," he told this reporter last night.

Collins signing will be announced at the clubs regular haunt, the Four Courts, this morning with further moves about to be announced, though the former Mansfield Town player was forthcoming with his information.

"Some friends of mine contacted me with a business proposal, it's out of this world, and this is going to put this club where it should be. I got the email from them last week and as soon as I sent them on the main details, we sealed the deal when I ran, literally ran to the post office to send them on the $1,500. It's a windfall, not doubts about it. I always had great resepct for Babatunde and the lads, we could end up with a few of their lads over with us and all." Asked if he'd consulted anyone on such a move he was adamant in his speed of action. "After I sent the deposit I called Sir Alex, he told me, "Roddy, you're mad. Nobody could have done what you did." I agreed with him, it was almost like keeping Carlisle all over again. Now we just have to wait for the $5million to be sent to my account and this club will go places."

The Bohs remaining board members were unavaiable for comment, though one in the members bar smiled at the story. "I'm not really au fait with all of this, but I was outvoted. That's democracy," he began weeping as he picked up his glass of brandy, pocketed his revolver and went off into the dark bowels of the home of Irish football.

In an unrelated incident, tens of thousands of Shamrock Rovers fans held a candlelight vigil outside St. Peters Church after hearing the news break of the appointment on Dublin's 666 MW. When asked for comment the apparent leader pushed back his hood, took down his umbrella and sadly smiled "I've never been as happy as the day we got Tallaght, though winning the League was a little better, with this new miracle happening across the road, we all decided to meet and pray for a lease to be signed with SDCC for our own ground, anything can happen. It's like, the Santry cimeback all over again."

On the topic of his silent departure from Monaghan Collins was straight. "It was a hard move to make, the family just didn't settle, so much travel, no indoor plumbing. Even young Rod being advised to marry his first cousin, I mean, it's just so far away from home. Though fair play to the club, they're stronger now since I've been there and even since I left."

The Monaghan chairman refused to comment, saying that he was unable to find the signed contract for Roddy Collins, and it was dark in the office and he wasn't going to shell out the price of a candle after paying out all them tolls.

So it begins, a new dawn for Bohs and Irish football.

"It's the Champions League group stages for us at a minimum. When the money comes through from Babtunde I'm going to strengthen the squad in the summer. Paddy McCourt said he'd come over for a look, I've even had a call from George Weah, he said his cousin's looking for a club, so with a network like that you can't go wrong. I'm even getting a new suit made up by Louis for the launch. It'll be like the old days."

- Evening Gerald
- Maden Claremorris
-01-04-11

dfx-
01/04/2011, 7:47 AM
Great manager and an honourable gentleman, delighted to see him get a chance at such a great club...

Ezeikial
01/04/2011, 9:13 AM
That report is factually incorrect. He has not stepped down at Monaghan.

He is going to manage both teams

Magicme
01/04/2011, 9:19 AM
And being adopted as the bigger brother of the Brennans since he will be managing all 3 in that case! :D

centre mid
01/04/2011, 9:28 AM
Think I'll log off until tomorrow

Cuyahoga
01/04/2011, 9:43 AM
Dont Give up the day job Spudulika

Magicme
01/04/2011, 9:44 AM
That is his day job...........

Sam_Heggy
01/04/2011, 10:24 AM
If you had of went for a simple Roddy to Bohs thing it would have been extremely believable.

This league turns up gems like that all the time.

Pity, the live match tonight would have been interesting. Nutsy's interview where he was asked to comment on his successor at Bohs, the one who said he's done nothing in football.

MagicMon
01/04/2011, 11:01 AM
I fooled my brother lovely with a simple Roddy back to Bohs text. With the LoI every day could be April Fools Day

Spudulika
01/04/2011, 12:30 PM
I honestly went into the office this morning expecting to see something like this. I had half an hour before a conference call and just wondered what if. When I posted it I thought, this probably has about a 30% chance of happening, it's LOI after all. I was going to add in somethnig about JD joining the club as CFO, but I didn't figure dahamsta would appreciate the legal letter from Abbottstown!

marinobohs
01/04/2011, 1:54 PM
I honestly went into the office this morning expecting to see something like this. I had half an hour before a conference call and just wondered what if. When I posted it I thought, this probably has about a 30% chance of happening, it's LOI after all. I was going to add in somethnig about JD joining the club as CFO, but I didn't figure dahamsta would appreciate the legal letter from Abbottstown!

The day is not over yet Spudulika :D One of the great things about the LOI is that absolutely nothing is impossible.*

*according to some out Tallaght way JD has been working for Bohs for years now.

the 12 th man
01/04/2011, 2:00 PM
The way Roddy was sticking up for Bohs against Fenlon the other night on the radio nothing would surprise me.

Spudulika
02/04/2011, 5:19 AM
12th man, Roddy sticks up for no one but himself, he'll use claims of family love, love of hte game etc, but ultimately he's out for number 1. And while it's not my own cup of tea, can we knock it? He'll go after a manager in the media in the hope that he'll put himself in the frame, though he wouldn't be the first unemployed manager to do it.

marinobohs, I always wondered how Waterford seem to have money to splash on players, I think JD should come clean and tell us that he actually donates half his salary to charity. :-)

sean r
04/04/2011, 11:50 PM
i think "bohs locked out of dalymount park" would of been funnier i mean that might still happen

razor
05/04/2011, 7:33 AM
12th man, Roddy sticks up for no one but himself, he'll use claims of family love, love of hte game etc, but ultimately he's out for number 1. And while it's not my own cup of tea, can we knock it? He'll go after a manager in the media in the hope that he'll put himself in the frameIs that why he had a go of Tommy Dunne in the press last week, does he really want to come back down here? Lord help us.
Although I do believe Shoddy was told where to go when he went for a handshake at full time last Friday night.