PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Keane on Robbie

Eirenua
07/06/2004, 8:26 AM
Reports in Scottish media this morning. Celts considering making move for Robbie. Celtic Rep was at game on Saturday

Could be good for him, at least he will get CL exposure.

Your thoughts

finlma
07/06/2004, 9:02 AM
Here's a link to the story http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tm_objectid=14309238&method=full&siteid=89488&headline=football--celts-look-keen-on-robbie-name_page.html

I don't think it would be a bad move for Robbie. He may not get as many tough games week in, week out but he should score plenty of goals and that will build confidence. He should get plenty of European games too. Henrik Larson always played well at international level while he was at Celtic.

Plastic Paddy
07/06/2004, 10:06 AM
Can't see it myself. The price he'd cost is waaaay more than the Celtic board would be prepared to spend.

:( PP

tiktok
07/06/2004, 10:53 AM
It could be a good move for him but at the moment I'd prefer to wait and see what Spurs under Santini would be like, he could be the man to help Robbie become a better player

petef
07/06/2004, 1:37 PM
The Record is the biggest pile of crap going I wouldnt pay any attention to it.

niamh
07/06/2004, 1:49 PM
Robbie needs to move from Spurs if he wants a decent career but he would want to wait and see what Santini turns out like. He needs a good coach.

Metrostars
07/06/2004, 1:58 PM
Why would he want to move to a poorer league, playing a handful of tough league games a season and a few CL games? He should wait to see how Santini does.

drinkfeckarse
07/06/2004, 2:16 PM
The Record is the biggest pile of crap going I wouldnt pay any attention to it.

Well said, worst paper in history for lack of knowledge and legitimate stories. Anyway, I think the days of Celtic paying £6m+ for a player again are a long way off at the moment.

brine2
07/06/2004, 4:51 PM
Robbie Keane has moved around a lot during his career and he needs a bit of continuity. He should stay at Spurs.

gmani
13/06/2004, 10:26 AM
well i think that Robbie should stay at one club because when he moves around as he has in his career he gets unsetteled but i would love to see him in a celtic jearsey ;)