PDA

View Full Version : Sad to see your good name tarnished

observer
06/06/2004, 9:51 PM
I was lucky enough to see Alphie Hale, Matthews, Thomas & co in action in your clubs hayday. Since then I have always had an interest in how you have fared as I always associated your club with good football and sportsmanship. On last Friday night however, at Flancare Park the performance of one Alan Reynolds did a great disservice to your good name and traditions. A display more suitable to back alleys than football pitches culminated in his accepting a drink from a water bottle offered to him by a Longford player, drinking from the bottle and then spitting the water into the players face. What an example for your young players. What I wonder did Paul McGrath, possibly the most respected player ever to represent our country think of the incident. Get rid of Reynolds, the good name and traditions of Waterford United are worth more than some short term gain. :( :(

trevy
08/06/2004, 4:24 PM
According to the btid.tk site where your comment was transferred to it was a bit of harmless messing between ex teammates Reynolds and Kirby and Rennie squirted water from the bottle at Kirby.

crystalclear
09/06/2004, 10:52 PM
Observer,before you start having a go at Rennie talk to the Longford player involved (Alan Kirby) who is a good friend of Rennie and ask Alan his side of your story.

deise deserter
12/06/2004, 12:53 AM
What friendship if any there was, is of no importance to the point being made by observer. It was a bad example to the layman (ie: anyone who doesn't know Alan Reynolds personal relationships). It simply has no place on the field, and there is no justification for it. Save your bitchy replies for Rennie.

noby
14/06/2004, 9:28 AM
Jeez, DD. That's a mighty high horse you're on there.

observer
14/06/2004, 11:27 AM
If Waterford supporters saw an opposing player spit water into Alan Reynolds face what would their reaction be?
Professional players should be aware that their actions can have serious effects off pitch. If this was only fun between two friends then so be it, however, this type of carry on should be confined to training pitches and not on a pitch during a competitive match.

A face
15/06/2004, 1:16 AM
Players are only human at the end of the day ... but they should behave in a proper fashion. I see both sides of the argument and tactically i will go and sit on the fence. This could go on for ages !!

ConfusedBlue
15/06/2004, 7:34 PM
As was posted on the BTID site,Rennie did'nt spit at Kirby,he squirted a water bottle in his face!!!!!!!

Stevo Da Gull
26/06/2004, 1:16 AM
I cant see anything wrong with a bitta banter on the pitch, whats with the outcry :confused:

Bosco
28/06/2004, 9:22 PM
As was posted on the BTID site,Rennie did'nt spit at Kirby,he squirted a water bottle in his face!!!!!!!

He squirted water at Kirby and when Kirby got the water bottle off Reynolds,Reynolds spat the water he got from the bottle out of his mouth and into Kirbys face.I didnt have a problem with this when it happened as I knew the friendship between them.Im just stating that Reynolds DID spit at Kirby

d13bohs
13/07/2004, 7:48 PM
I hope Reynolds and Stephen Ward are good mates and were just messing around when Reynolds bit him last Friday night leaving Ward requiring a tetanus shot. ****ing scumbag :mad:

ConfusedBlue
14/07/2004, 7:36 PM
And I suppose you were one of the ****ing scumbags who put a brick through the back window of his car??????? ;)

d13bohs
17/07/2004, 8:34 PM
And I suppose you were one of the ****ing scumbags who put a brick through the back window of his car??????? ;)

No, only Scumbag Reynolds saw them, and he was able to identify them whilst driving at speed in fear of his life :rolleyes: as 15 Bohs fans. An hour after the game when this happened most Bohs fans were either in the bar or gone home. After hearing about the biting incident I can't say I feel any sympathy for the fat thug.

jimhacker
20/07/2004, 9:36 AM
pity the fat thug didn't show such aggression when when playing here at Turners X

ConfusedBlue
21/07/2004, 11:17 PM
Ah well sure he's only gonna do it when he's playing for his home town club.He had ye worked out sure all he needed to do was show up and collect his pay cheque.I'm sure ye were paying him a nice hefty wage at the time too!!!!!!

blobbyblob
22/07/2004, 9:15 PM
Ah well sure he's only gonna do it when he's playing for his home town club.He had ye worked out sure all he needed to do was show up and collect his pay cheque.I'm sure ye were paying him a nice hefty wage at the time too!!!!!!

Thought his home town was Tramore.

Dick Long
23/07/2004, 12:31 PM
That is correct but - like most people from the south of Kilkenny who would have been born in a hospital in Waterford City, attended school in the Waterford City and work every day of their lives there too - it may as well be his home town!

blobbyblob
23/07/2004, 1:15 PM
So now yer claiming that even though your home is in slieverue, mooncoin, kilmacow, mullinavat or tramore, dunmore east etc that your home town is waterford

thats just cat (get it!!!)

ConfusedBlue
25/07/2004, 7:00 PM
As you can see from the post above,I said home town club!!!!Now I may be wrong but I don't think Tramore have an Eircom league team.And if thats cat sure its just like your own home town club bloobyblob!!!!Ha Ha Ha