PDA

View Full Version : Which boss do Bohs fans want next?

Pages : [1] 2

Spudulika
28/03/2011, 6:26 PM
http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/fenlon-in-exit-talks-with-bohs-2597339.html

With the writing seemingly on the wall, it looks like Pat is on the way out. So who do Bohs fans want in next? There are a few pretty decent men out there to take on the job - Rico, Bucko etc.

While I'm sure lots of wummers will land on, it'd be interesting to know who actual Bohs fans want in charge. For our sake I hope it's neither of the two mentioned.

SkStu
28/03/2011, 7:12 PM
Id take Buckley at the right price or Matthews if he wasnt at Shels.

Bohs training today by the way:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2448/82849435.jpg

D.24saint
28/03/2011, 7:15 PM
Bohs training today by the way

bit stalker-ish

SkStu
28/03/2011, 7:17 PM
bit stalker-ish

zoom lens obviously. ;)

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/72983843.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=EDF6F2F4F969CEBD5CED8B385172986A8EDBB3ECD4302C20 9B169B4E6D8689B4E30A760B0D811297

Ezeikial
28/03/2011, 7:47 PM
Is there no end to the bull$hit propaganda?

Fenlon was frustrated that the club were willing to spend a significant amount on administration staff but then question a playing budget of €170,000, while he was also angered by the fact that the team are still being forced to conduct training sessions at Dalymount Park as the club can't source -- or afford -- a training ground.
http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/fenlon-in-exit-talks-with-bohs-2597339.html

SkStu
28/03/2011, 7:52 PM
thats Fenlons propaganda Ezeikial.

Charlie Darwin
28/03/2011, 7:56 PM
Buckley would be the obvious choice. A more limited group of players than he had at Fingal, but organised the right way he could have them playing some decent stuff and challenging for trophies. Shame to see Nutsy leave, particularly if he's not even going to be in management, as rumoured.

Ezeikial
28/03/2011, 8:20 PM

I appreciate that and it galls me that journos who obviously know better (and if they don't they should not be doing the job) will intentionally peddle that nonsense. If they quoted these figures as a Fenlon quote, fair enough, but Nutsy is not that daft to make himself look a total prat

Longfordian
28/03/2011, 10:29 PM
His budget will be down to €50k in the next reports. The day after that, he'll actually have been paying the players himself.

The Lep
29/03/2011, 1:33 AM
Is Gormley still available? he is used to working on a small budget.

dcfc_1928
29/03/2011, 6:39 AM
If only Roddy had held out for a few more weeks.....

The Lilywhites
29/03/2011, 7:38 AM
If only Roddy had held out for a few more weeks.....

You think being at a club would stop him applying for Bohs?

sundance kid
29/03/2011, 9:44 AM

Is Fitzmaurice not a bohs member, or at least a bohs fan or something? Why would he not at least take issue with fenlons "propaganda"

CuanaD
29/03/2011, 9:49 AM
I'd like Fenlon to stay

Cuyahoga
29/03/2011, 9:57 AM
Stephen Henderson ( waterford Manager)would be a good choice. Enthusiastic young manager. Rico's Management days are over.

Dodge
29/03/2011, 10:07 AM
Is Fitzmaurice not a bohs member, or at least a bohs fan or something? Why would he not at least take issue with fenlons "propaganda"

Bohs members are the same people who have endorsed this madness for years now. There's always been a few who warned of impending financial doom, but they were in the minority.

From what I can make out talking to Bohs mates, and reading their MB the odd time, there seems to be a growing consensus that the less spent the better. But it isn't unanimous and within every club there are fans who'll always back 'the club' regardless of their actions. Fitzmaurice might be one of these.

horton
29/03/2011, 10:25 AM
Stephen Henderson ( waterford Manager)would be a good choice. Enthusiastic young manager. Rico's Management days are over.

Has he got all his badges? I seem to recall a Waterford fan telling me end of last season that Hendo couldn't be in charge if they had been promoted as he missed a few training sessions or something? [Could be complete BS]

marinobohs
29/03/2011, 10:25 AM
Bohs members are the same people who have endorsed this madness for years now. There's always been a few who warned of impending financial doom, but they were in the minority.

From what I can make out talking to Bohs mates, and reading their MB the odd time, there seems to be a growing consensus that the less spent the better. But it isn't unanimous and within every club there are fans who'll always back 'the club' regardless of their actions. Fitzmaurice might be one of these.

Aidan Fitzmaurice is a member of Bohs and as such, no doubt, has views around the club and its running which he presumably shares with friends etc in his spare time. When writing for the Herald he is a professonal journalist reporting what information he is given in that capacity. To conclude his private views based on quotes he reports in the Herald is very simplistic.

Dodge
29/03/2011, 10:59 AM
It may be simplistic to say that journalists writing about Irish football allow their personal opinion to come across in their articles, but its absolutely the case.

Further to this all managers have their 'preferred' journalists who they'll give info to, knowing it'll come out as a 'club source'. Naive beyond believe if you don't think this is true

sundance kid
29/03/2011, 11:04 AM

Dodge, i completely agree, and it's a point i've made on here before, that bohs members are just as guilty as any board member for the state their club is currently in, especially after they seemed to take particular delight when it happened to shels.
But for fitzmaurice to not even use a word like supposed or alleged in front of the 170k shows that there's plenty of folk in dalyer with their heads in the sand.

Ezeikial
29/03/2011, 11:05 AM
Aidan Fitzmaurice is a member of Bohs and as such, no doubt, has views around the club and its running which he presumably shares with friends etc in his spare time. When writing for the Herald he is a professonal journalist reporting what information he is given in that capacity. To conclude his private views based on quotes he reports in the Herald is very simplistic.

I have no idea of his "private views" but to describe him as a "professional journalist" while peddling this budget crap as factual is a clear contradiction. The option is always there for him to reference these nonsenical figures to a "club source", but he chooses not to do that!

marinobohs
29/03/2011, 11:31 AM
Dodge, i completely agree, and it's a point i've made on here before, that bohs members are just as guilty as any board member for the state their club is currently in, especially after they seemed to take particular delight when it happened to shels.
But for fitzmaurice to not even use a word like supposed or alleged in front of the 170k shows that there's plenty of folk in dalyer with their heads in the sand.

Unlike the delight shams have taken in Bohs difficulties - but hey, thats different :rolleyes:. Never ceases to amaze me where all these financialy clued in shams were before 2006 or did I miss all the fan protests when their club was almost driven out of existence ?

marinobohs
29/03/2011, 11:52 AM
I have no idea of his "private views" but to describe him as a "professional journalist" while peddling this budget crap as factual is a clear contradiction. The option is always there for him to reference these nonsenical figures to a "club source", but he chooses not to do that!

Not really my place to defend Aidan Fitz but the only "fact" quoted inthe Herald piece is that we are currently training at Dalymount - which is a fact. Anyway, take it up directly with him as herald journos have been known to respond to e mails around stories they penned (I have no idea where the 170 K figure came from but could be accurate depending on what methodology was used i.e. nett pay, less Employers PRSI, only new contracts, only old contracts etc etc) I am aware of the gross cost to the club of players wages for this season and it bears little resemblance to that or another figure put out by Pat previously, so am personally unable to explain the figures quoted.

CMcC
30/03/2011, 4:08 PM
To get back on topic. The cheapest manager please. One who will work with what he already has and wont go to the board looking for more funds. I think it cant be any more than a rest of the season job. There's no point offering any longer.

Regarding Fenlon himself, I would have more respect for him if he had said he was moving to a bigger club in a bigger league with the good possibility of career advancement rather than bull****ting about problemns with the board this, playing budget that....especially given the support (idiotic in the circumstances) the board have shown him financially throughout his tenure at the club.

On the pitch an absolutely massive loss. Financially it's no bad thing. There was no doubting his committment to winning while he was at the club and a very professional guy off the pitch who did a lot of graft off the pitch too.

pineapple stu
30/03/2011, 4:18 PM
You'd have to imagine that there'll be fairly few people looking to join Bohs with all the financial problems at the moment? So that'd narrow it down to an insider (Heary, O'Brien, etc) or an enthusiastic idiot (Roddy).

PartySaint
30/03/2011, 4:22 PM
John Gill linked to it aswell, Hands off Gypos

Spudulika
30/03/2011, 4:54 PM
While I wouldn't go so far as to agree with your assessment PS, I couldn't see Roddy in the mix, unless he brought in a consortium, erm, wait. No, seriously, I don't think they'd stomach it, plus he'd be insane to go back (look at Keegan and Newcastle). John Gill, could work, he knows his stuff and could do well. Wouldn't there be a problem with a player who hasn't the badges? I wonder would Bohs bring in a complete outsider. How about that young guy out in Africa (I cannot for the life of me remember his name though he's qualified and rated) - no jokes!

irlandos
30/03/2011, 6:03 PM
Buckley (only if Fenlon leaves...)
Pat is the man for Bohs, in a situation that finds Pat in Celtic or elsewhere former Finglaks boss could be the appropriate to do the job

HulaHoop
30/03/2011, 6:41 PM
Never ceases to amaze me where all these financialy clued in shams were before 2006 or did I miss all the fan protests when their club was almost driven out of existence ?

You did yeah. This was 2004, a year before we almost went under.

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/watermarked-b/Library/SF162/157951.jpg

kdjaC
30/03/2011, 6:44 PM
You did yeah. This was 2004, a year before we almost went under.

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/watermarked-b/Library/SF162/157951.jpg

You know your not allowed on the pitch anymore?

Charlie Darwin
30/03/2011, 6:58 PM
No umbrellas? Don't buy it. Photoshopped.

SkStu
30/03/2011, 7:05 PM
what is an Enoligh?

thischarmingman
30/03/2011, 7:29 PM
"Rovers are enough
Dying is enough"

Sounds deep man.

pineapple stu
31/03/2011, 8:57 AM
plus he'd be insane to go back
Ruling out something on the basis that Roddy isn't insane? A novel approach...!

CMcC
31/03/2011, 10:40 AM
Hard to pick anyone from the league. Lots will be scared off but some younger managers will still see it as a gig to get noticed even with the financial problems. More of a coach than a manager type is required in the short term as I doubt there will be any dealings in the transfer market anytime soon.

Watch Fenlon take over another side here mid season. Rovers??? when O'Neill moves on to bigger and better???

MMVIII
31/03/2011, 11:56 AM
when O'Neill moves on to bigger and better???

I laughed.

marinobohs
31/03/2011, 12:18 PM
You'd have to imagine that there'll be fairly few people looking to join Bohs with all the financial problems at the moment? So that'd narrow it down to an insider (Heary, O'Brien, etc) or an enthusiastic idiot (Roddy).

Would imagine the opposite, Budget for this year certainly in the top half of prem (most prefunded due to loan scheme). Decent squad and fairly low expectations ! Nice job for Rusty (he might enjoy a pitch that doesn't look like they held the ploughing championship on it) and like his style of football. Dont want John Gill although I believe he is friendly with one of our board. Would like Paul Cook but probobly out of our range at the moment.
Please, please not Roddy !!!! Enough excitement offthe pitch without the brand of madness he brings.

holidaysong
31/03/2011, 12:24 PM
Has Fenlon gone yet, yeah?

marinobohs
31/03/2011, 12:31 PM
Has Fenlon gone yet, yeah?

Not officially holidaysong, Bohs board met last night and are meeting him sometime today. Expected that matters will be finalised today as Bohs board are not in a position to commit to what wants to remain onboard.
But this is Bohs so anything is possible

Hitman
31/03/2011, 1:11 PM
Not that I'd wish him on anyone, but is Paul Doonil finished with the league, or would he be a potential contender?

Spudulika
31/03/2011, 1:13 PM
Ruling out something on the basis that Roddy isn't insane? A novel approach...!

PS, I'm being as generous as possible :-)

Plus I'm going insane myself trying to remember the name of the Irish coach who's out in Africa. I met him and he's a well qualified and good coach (don't know anyone who worked with him but independent reports were positive). I'll find it.

Spudulika
31/03/2011, 2:39 PM
Chris O'Loughlin, I found his email by reverse search. He's young, cheap and gets the job done. He's worked in Africa so Phibsboro should be a doddle, or...

oriel
31/03/2011, 6:28 PM
Not that I'd wish him on anyone, but is Paul Doonil finished with the league, or would he be a potential contender?

Doolin currently with the FAI looking after the u23 team I think.

SkStu
31/03/2011, 6:49 PM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/bohstron3030/PF_am.jpg

yoinked from the bohsmb :D :D

Charlie Darwin
31/03/2011, 7:00 PM
Doolin currently with the FAI looking after the u23 team I think.
Under 19s. Can't see him being able to do both jobs given that most of the fixtures would overlap.

Ezeikial
01/04/2011, 9:25 AM
Some of the Bohs fans on the board seem to want Fenlon to stay.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/bohs-battle-to-keep-fenlon-at-the-helm-2604078.html

Bohs battle to keep Fenlon at the helm

By Daniel McDonnell

Friday April 01 2011

Pat Fenlon now looks set to be in the Bohemians (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Bohemian_FC) dug-out at Richmond Park (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Richmond_Park) tonight as negotiations continue with a view to changing his mind about quitting.
The Gypsies manager expressed his intentions to part company with the club after last Friday's defeat by Galway United (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Galway_United), with the Dubliner frustrated by the off-the-field situation at Dalymount Park.
Fenlon retains concerns about the flub's future direction and was dissatisfied with changes to the board made at the club's recent AGM. Some members of the Bohs hierarchy are trying to convince Fenlon to stay, but it would require a major change of heart from the 41-year-old for their attempts to be successful.
He met with officials yesterday after the decision was taken at a board meeting on Wednesday night to try and resolve difficulties. Question marks remain over the viability of the club in its current structure, with some elements favouring a scaling down to an amateur set-up.
After a turbulent winter in Dublin 7, Fenlon has assembled a squad on a modest budget and another cost-cutting measure has meant Bohs are now training at Dalymount Park, in contrast from recent seasons when they used the facilities at DCU. Given that he is still under contract and is owed bonuses from his successful three seasons in Phibsborough, leaving Bohs would not be a straightforward process for the former Shelbourne and Derry City (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Derry_City) boss.
He has an opportunity to take a scouting job with Celtic and will inevitably be mentioned in connection with the vacant post at Kilmarnock following the departure of Mixu Paatelainen to take over as national coach of Finland (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Finland).
Fenlon, who was denied the opportunity to take over Dundee United last year, has been linked with Kilmarnock before, and would be attracted by the prospect of working in Scotland.
The Bohs players have been working away this week unaware of what the future holds and it was business as usual for the Gypsies yesterday, with a pre-match bulletin sent out ahead of the trip to St Patrick's Athletic with no real reference to the uncertainty of the past few days.
After deciding against public comment on his deliberations, Fenlon is quoted in the statement with respect to tonight's encounter
"It's been a hard week for everybody and we've just got to make sure that we stay focused on the game," he said. "Going to Pat's, the players know if they don't perform they will be well beaten. It's a tough place, Inchicore. It's a tight ground and mistakes can lead to goals.
Glimpses
"They have shown glimpses of being very good and glimpses, like ourselves, of still needing to work out what way they want to play."
Understandably, Saints manager Pete Mahon has had other things on his mind this week after his mother passed away. His assistant John Gill (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/John_Gill) has overseen preparations. Gill (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/John_Gill) is considered to be one of the front-runners to replace Fenlon if he quits Bohs.
"The thoughts of all the staff and the players and everybody at the club is with Pete this week," said Gill. "It's a very hard time for him, as it is for anybody who loses a parent."
The Saints scored a dramatic 3-2 win over Dundalk last Friday when they came back from two goals down, and Gill is looking to build on that.
"We turned it around, and what we'll do now is look to carry that momentum into Friday's game," said Gill.
Meanwhile, Shamrock Rovers (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/Shamrock_Rovers)' boss Michael O'Neill feels his charges should have enough to keep them flying high at the top of the table away to Drogheda.
"We've had back-to-back away games over the last couple of weeks, but we're looking forward to the match," he said. "Drogheda had a good result in the EA Sports (http://searchtopics.independent.ie/topic/EA_Sports) Cup during the week against Bray -- a game I was at -- so we're expecting a tough outing.
"We also know that all the expectation is on us, but we're confident that we can do what we need to do in the game and get a result."
- Daniel McDonnell

marinobohs
01/04/2011, 10:06 AM
And so it appears Bohs "new" manager is ........ (drum roll) Nutsey Fenlon. Mr Fenlon has agreed a long term contract "until the next time" at Bohs and said he is looking forword to the challenge of managing Bohs. "While I have nothing but respect for all Pat did at the club I honestly believe I am just as good a manager as he is" Nutsey was quoted as saying." It will be difficult to operate on a budget of 6 million this year but if we start putting deals in place now we can spend it all in the next window, I have watched Bohs this season and there is nothing wrong with this team than 14 or 15 new signings wont solve".

More good news for Bohs was announced today as Disney have bid for the rights to make a film of events at the club. An anonomous board member (named Gerry) was quoted saying "thats another few bob for players"

Charlie Darwin
01/04/2011, 10:49 AM
Looking forward to the announcement that Fenlon has agreed to stay on at twice his current pay level.

dfx-
01/04/2011, 12:02 PM
Bohs have also announced that they plan to live within their means and only play people and have a manager they can afford who are willing to work under stringent financial conditions with no complaint, thereby responding to fans' and the league's fears about their affai....

Actually - scratch that, the Roddy and marinobohs' stories are more believable

Carrick Rd End
02/04/2011, 3:10 PM
maybe its time for Bohs to cut their losses and let Fenlon move on. he has done well but clearly doesnt want to be there. it'll be the same drama everytime a new post becomes available and he wants it.