PDA

View Full Version : Mns 28/3/11

ped_ped
28/03/2011, 6:14 PM
. . . odds on McGeady vs Macedonia for MNS Goal of the Month? :rolleyes:

born2bwild
28/03/2011, 6:39 PM
Retarded. What is that sh1t with the girl? The show is for morons.

PartySaint
28/03/2011, 6:58 PM
In fairness the last 30 seconds was probably they best thing the show has ever done

D.24saint
28/03/2011, 7:10 PM
its getting better but the a-z thing is like something off the Den cant understand why they have to keep putting idiotic gimmicks into the show.

Macy
28/03/2011, 7:40 PM
Didn't bother this week after seeing them start with the international crap. Flicked on to Nationwide, who had two League of Ireland features, flicked back after it was over, and they were still talking International football.

More to promote the league on a show that isn't even out of the sport department, ffs.

Charlie Darwin
28/03/2011, 7:58 PM
its getting better but the a-z thing is like something off the Den cant understand why they have to keep putting idiotic gimmicks into the show.
It was worth it just for the WTF moment of Foster walking up behind her, saying "hello," and then walking off.

Didn't bother this week after seeing them start with the international crap. Flicked on to Nationwide, who had two League of Ireland features, flicked back after it was over, and they were still talking International football.

More to promote the league on a show that isn't even out of the sport department, ffs.
That would be because they didn't start with international football. They did a 5 minute or so international segment at the beginning of part two and the rest was all LOI.

A face
28/03/2011, 10:04 PM

You can see that here (http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1095043).

A face
28/03/2011, 10:04 PM

CuanaD
29/03/2011, 10:18 AM

That was quite a good program - the Cork article was good (& even the Cricket one was very interesting), but I thought the Bray one was top class
:ball:

Macy
29/03/2011, 10:24 AM
Regardless of the ongoing failings of MNS, you'd have to wonder what was going through RTE's minds to put that Nationwide up against MNS in the first place. Could hardly have helped either show.

bennocelt
29/03/2011, 3:14 PM
That A-z thing looks like it was set up just to showcase that dollybird
More LOI football less gimmicks please....................

Spudulika
29/03/2011, 3:54 PM
Regardless of the ongoing failings of MNS, you'd have to wonder what was going through RTE's minds to put that Nationwide up against MNS in the first place. Could hardly have helped either show.

Apart from this weeks Nationwide there is very little crossover. Plus anyone who is interested in either will watch on RTE player. Unless Nationwide has cooked up a dastardly plan to win over floating LOI supporters :-)

Dodge
29/03/2011, 4:05 PM
Don't mind them trying gimmicks. Some work, some don't.

MNS can't be blamed for nationawide's decision to screen the LOI bits against it.

Watched most of the Ireland game on Saturday on RTE. Gave a decent plug to both MNS and this week's live game on Friday (Pats v Bohs), so at least the sports department is trying

dfx-
29/03/2011, 6:05 PM
Really don't see the problem with the gimmicks except Paper Talk and the Ireland talk. If a 'gimmick' means we don't have 20 minutes of footage from, for example, UCD v Bray (no offence meant) which seemed to be a poor poor game then that can only be good.

I can remember the sixty second interview gimmick moreso than the games it 'impacted' on that we all missed out on.

Stevo Da Gull
29/03/2011, 7:57 PM

Cheers. Really enjoyed those segments. Very well put together.

A face
30/03/2011, 6:52 AM
Really don't see the problem with the gimmicks except Paper Talk and the Ireland talk. If a 'gimmick' means we don't have 20 minutes of footage from, for example, UCD v Bray (no offence meant) which seemed to be a poor poor game then that can only be good.

I can remember the sixty second interview gimmick moreso than the games it 'impacted' on that we all missed out on.

You have a point there to an extent. If the game play was better over all then it would make it harder to cut some of it out and replace it with 'gimmicks'. Its far easier to edit and show end to end football with chances and incident than try and come up with a gimmick to make up the time.

TenaciousDee
30/03/2011, 8:31 AM
I haven't watched MNS since the first episode of the season as I find there is not enough time set aside for Highlights of games. As far as the features are concerned I wish they would either cut them down to one per programme or try for a Saturday morning slot and have an Airtricity League Magazine programme much like the Champions League Magazine and there they can put all the features and silly games on that. What also ****ed me off about the first programme this year was that the cricket and Stephen Ireland received more discussion time than some of the clubs who featured on the show. Ridiculous.

Macy
30/03/2011, 8:49 AM
Apart from this weeks Nationwide there is very little crossover. Plus anyone who is interested in either will watch on RTE player. Unless Nationwide has cooked up a dastardly plan to win over floating LOI supporters :-)
My point was Nationwide is on 3 or 4 nights a week at least - RTE didn't need to put that Nationwide on at the same time as MNS.

It wasn't a pop at MNS Dodge, it was a pop at RTE.

pineapple stu
30/03/2011, 9:12 AM
I don't be around on Mondays, so I only catch MNS very occasionally. However, while acknowledging that UCD-Bray wasn't a great game (though it picked up a lot after they scored), there'll always be poor games. So yeah, show short highlights of them, but you can easily make up for that with 6-7 minutes from the good games (and there'll always be good games too). Two minutes of each game is a bit silly though. I think it's interesting that some clubs see value in doing their own highlights even when MNS has an excellent online archive; there's no reason MNS couldn't extend their highlights to the length of the club highlights and still have plenty of other features in the show.

Dodge
30/03/2011, 9:47 AM
The less scenes on empty stands and grassy terraces the better IMO. If that means 2 minutes highlights, so be it.

A face
30/03/2011, 10:09 AM
The less scenes on empty stands and grassy terraces the better IMO. If that means 2 minutes highlights, so be it.

Thats something that i always though could work to clubs advantage, close off stands where cameras wont focus on and ensure there are more people in the stand that cameras do focus on. Something that is very easily done to be fair. I know you can only do this is a few grounds but it should be done.

peadar1987
30/03/2011, 10:31 AM
You have a point there to an extent. If the game play was better over all then it would make it harder to cut some of it out and replace it with 'gimmicks'. Its far easier to edit and show end to end football with chances and incident than try and come up with a gimmick to make up the time.

Or even more/better analysis of the goals. Having the panel talk about them afterwards. I know I'd prefer to look at football than panellists. Even if they could tempt Claire Tully away from extratime.ie!

Or a proper, decent feature about the club and its place in the community. Either of those Cork/Bray features on Nationwide would have been great on MSN (although it's great they're reaching a wider audience).

A face
31/03/2011, 7:59 AM
Lads, if we want more footage of games then we'll have to ask for it. Can you take two minutes out and fire a quick mail off to mns@rte.ie to let them know.

Macy
31/03/2011, 8:26 AM
Lads, if we want more footage of games then we'll have to ask for it. Can you take two minutes out and fire a quick mail off to mns@rte.ie to let them know.
There's no evidence they act on it. Like I've said on one of the other threads, it seems bizarre to me - surely the expensive part of the show is the filming of the football, which they then do their best to ignore for the show!

peadar1987
31/03/2011, 8:47 AM

I've sent them two or three over the last year or two. They're not great about replying to be honest, so I don't know if they're taking the suggestions on board.

Dodge
31/03/2011, 9:00 AM
Or they just disagree with you...

peadar1987
31/03/2011, 10:56 AM
Or they just disagree with you...

Which would make them part of the noisy majority. Still, a "Thank you for contacting MNS, your suggestions have been noted, and will be considered at the next meeting of the production team" email would just be good public relations (Even if they have no intention of doing anything but deleting my email straight away!)

Carrick Rd End
02/04/2011, 3:13 PM
RTE need to make their mind up what type of show MNS is. is it a tongue in cheek show like Soccer AM or a proper highlights show like MOTD? current format is cringeworthy at times and as for that ridiculous MNS Facebook page.... Grrr....