PDA

View Full Version : monday

RockofGibraltar
27/03/2011, 11:11 AM
i was driving thro town last night n Im nearly sure I saw a sign that said he have a match against UCD on monday at 7.45? is this true? are we playin them in the league cup or something or is a complete mistake?

Poor Student
27/03/2011, 11:28 AM
You're right. You're playing us in the league cup on Monday evening.

outspoken
27/03/2011, 11:57 AM
Ye as Poor Student said we are playing on Monday evening a 7.45 VS UCD in the 1st round of the EA Sports Cup.

Acornvilla
27/03/2011, 12:27 PM
So shall UCD be putting kids out or their 1st team?

*waits for someone to tell me that their 1st team are kids

ped_ped
27/03/2011, 4:36 PM
I do truly love the unpredictable nature of early League Cup fixtures . . . y'know, how nobody's even told when the fixtures are?

pineapple stu
28/03/2011, 9:37 AM
Our first team are kids.

I'd say there'll be a fair few changes tbh. We made 11 changes for the LSC against Athlone. I think we did similar for the League Cup against Athlone and Rovers last season too.

Macy
28/03/2011, 10:03 AM
Our first team are kids.

Sponsored by the state - should be an early IMF cut.

L.T.F.C.
28/03/2011, 8:57 PM
I see the Roches were bringing lots of football to the game tonight...

Town Legend
29/03/2011, 10:01 AM
You seem to have a lot of hatred built up inside you LTFC....from attacking the Roches to attacking me!!!! I think you need help!

L.T.F.C.
29/03/2011, 11:43 AM
Hatred? It isn't called hatred... more along the lines of being right!
Of all the times I've seen the Roches, they haven't put a handful of half-decent performances together between them! How they can be defended is beyond me! They bring nothing to the game and all they seem to be doing is putting years on me...

Town Legend
29/03/2011, 1:21 PM
There is one or two others you could also slate on here for not bringing anything to the team but it just seems to be the Roche brothers backs you're getting on. Did they do something to make you feel this way??? Did they take your ball on you or something?!! Get over it!

sorbothegreek
29/03/2011, 4:08 PM
Not trying to pick sides here but it has to be said that Aidan Roche was very poor last night..

Town Legend
29/03/2011, 5:16 PM
I agree Sorbo he was poor last night. I'm not trying to stand up for them or anything but its getting a bit boring anytime the Town lose LTFC is on here slating the Roche brothers. All I was trying to say is that there is one or 2 others that he could slate as well but he fails to do so. It just seems like they did something to him and he's trying to get on their backs on here!! I'm not fond of them either but who else have we to put out on the wing??? Brady?? He's one of those fellas that I don't rate yet I don't be on here every time we lose!! Just trying to tell LTFC to get over it and start supporting the team and not be slating them just cos they have an off night!!

Cabs88
29/03/2011, 5:30 PM
another line on the roache players.. yes I think Aidan was poor last night and did miss two sitters. however you have to remember he was playing out of position for much of the game, and seemed lost playin behind the front man, so that should be taken into account. Also think lee didnt do too badly when he came on, again out of position but he linked up well with don for the few minutes he was on..

As regards the game, disappointed with the loss but delighted with our resilliance and character to come back. What it did show up however if we did lose a few players we are left badly exposed.. eg Gary cronin.. Morley again showed some bright sparks and his delivery for the goal was spot on. It was my first time seeing skelly play for us last night and he shows some promise, if a little rough around the edges. He got a stupid booking an thats his second already which isnt a good sign. Thought Don and Hylo (esp in the second half) were very good.

Final thought on the formation. Thought when we were chasin the game esp last 20 mins we could have done with playing 4-4-2, both brady and Roache before him seemed lost in the middle, and our best forward Cowan was put wide right where he may have been more dangerous up top.

Anyway would have been nice to get a result but we'll look onwards to Saturday night. Wasnt long before we were delighted with 3 wins in a row. Thats 3 losses in a row so it'll be a good test for the team a home derby against Athlone looking for a win. .

outspoken
29/03/2011, 5:41 PM
So the big question is ON or OFFSIDE?

On the game I have to agree with Cabbs it was fantastic to see such character a fight in the lads and its just a shame they didn't get their reward.

I thought Rouse was shocking yet again and it sounds like his groin is gone again so I'm hoping Paul Hunt can step up now he looks promising but dont kbnow how many times weve said that about Town keepers.

Ive always thought if Michael Lee got injured wed be exposed at LB as we have no actual back up LB but Cronnin did well in 2nd half i thought...he played some nice passes but wouldnt want to be relying on him especially defensive wise. (Michael should be back by Saturday i was told)

Aidan Roach had a shocker a missed 2 sitters but I thought Brady gave his best when he came on.....I think Gillespie will play in place of those 2 on sat in a 4-4-2 form.

Morley was fantastic again and Cowan is simply top class......I'm a bit worried about Skelly though because he loves to come deep for the ball and thats when he gets in trouble with referees + the mouthing off dont help eithier :)

In terms of cover 4 front 2 we are lacking a wee bit I think

I thought Walsh's creativity was missed 1st half and it will be a shame if he dosnt get more game time this season

anyway all in all good effort, great game (2nd half anyway) and ROLL ON SATURDAY

L.T.F.C.
29/03/2011, 6:35 PM
I agree Sorbo he was poor last night. I'm not trying to stand up for them or anything but its getting a bit boring anytime the Town lose LTFC is on here slating the Roche brothers. All I was trying to say is that there is one or 2 others that he could slate as well but he fails to do so. It just seems like they did something to him and he's trying to get on their backs on here!! I'm not fond of them either but who else have we to put out on the wing??? Brady?? He's one of those fellas that I don't rate yet I don't be on here every time we lose!! Just trying to tell LTFC to get over it and start supporting the team and not be slating them just cos they have an off night!!
Oh Jesus,
What could they have possibly done to me?
An off night? An off night?! Come off it Town Legend! They haven't played well once this season - Win, lose or draw! I don't care whether or not its a bit boring for you either. I don't rate either of them and I can't see why anyone else does. Brady, while not a whole pile better works far harder and can at the least play a few simple passes. Backheeling it anywhere has no place on the pitch especially in the box when you're two down. I was never one to keep trying the same thing and expect different results.
I'm fairly happy with the rest of the squad bar a couple. And I always support the team, every game I get to.

Martinho II
29/03/2011, 9:35 PM
I am surprised it wasnt mentioned last nite that the linesman did a runner after the final whistle into the tunnel on the stand side. it said it all about the quality of refereeing from the officials..we were fantastic second half and I was so sure when Don Cowan with his crackin header (and a contender for goal of the season) from a superb Jacque Morley cross that the game was goin to be decided in extra time. but thanks to that muppet of a linesman who wrongly claimed that three UCD players were on when Graeme Ruske scored..

well done to the lads for their second half performance.. Aidan Roche had a shockin game as Sorbo said..

Macy
30/03/2011, 8:36 AM
They haven't played well once this season - Win, lose or draw! I don't care whether or not its a bit boring for you either.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm also ready to write them off barely 5 weeks into the season...

L.T.F.C.
30/03/2011, 11:08 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm also ready to write them off barely 5 weeks into the season...

Almost ten games in and not one good performance yet? And less than a handful between them from last season?

Town Legend
30/03/2011, 12:19 PM
Do you want salt and vinegar?!!!

outspoken
31/03/2011, 6:05 PM
I am surprised it wasnt mentioned last nite that the linesman did a runner after the final whistle into the tunnel on the stand side.

Ye I seen that Martinho very very strange usually no matter what the decision the officials join up in the middle in all my years of watching football I have never seen that at any level.