PDA

View Full Version : how does morrison get his game????????????

Pages : [1] 2

cookie
05/06/2004, 10:40 PM
i dunno i just dont no...hes sh it!!

adamcarr
05/06/2004, 11:08 PM
Theres nobody else really. Maybe when Duffer comes back, Kerr will leave Robhbie alone up front!

Declan_Michael
06/06/2004, 10:37 AM
Theres nobody else really. Maybe when Duffer comes back, Kerr will leave Robhbie alone up front!

This is the best option. Play Morrisson and your might as well field 10 players.

niamh
06/06/2004, 11:50 AM
Morrisson is being pushed out at Birmingham City too imo with the arrival of Heskey, cos he ain't better than Forrsell. A Div One striker imo and no better. Even Swansea's Lee Trundle would do better - he has ball control!

Slash/ED
06/06/2004, 6:22 PM
Morrison is the second best striker we have. Duff up front was an absolute disaster and it will be a farce if we resort to that rubbish again. His record of one in four isn't too bad, he's going through a rough patch in front of goal for us but as soon as he gets another he'll start putting them away like he was in the early days. However, if Elliot reaches his potential he'll have forced him out by the time the WC comes around.

dynamo kerry
06/06/2004, 6:30 PM
trundle???? ffs what kind of suggestion is that

not rising to that bait.

as for clinton - I'm willing to wait and see what he does next season. This year cant be conisidered as a good indication of what he can do - injuries etc

and being pusehed out by hexkey? I'd put money on morrison getting as many games as emile for brum next season

1MickCollins
06/06/2004, 8:11 PM
He is just low on confidence now, his goals per game ratio was excellent early on but this past season at the Brum has shattered his confidence. Maybe a move back to the Palace?

cookie
06/06/2004, 10:09 PM
Barrett up front!!! he's a striker.

he has also scored recently...

morrison is constantly missing sitters!!! :mad: :mad:

Slash/ED
06/06/2004, 10:28 PM
Yeah lets pick someone who can't get his game for Coventry on the basis of a couple of good games instead...

Littlest Hobo
07/06/2004, 10:12 AM
morrison is all talk and no action. He's a wide boy geezer with all mouth and no balls. Went to the games against Romania and Jamaica, and he was rubbish. :mad:
It would be great to see robbie pair up with McGeady at Celtic. They should gel together and score regularly.

the 12 th man
07/06/2004, 10:31 AM
i think he is worth his place and is worth persevering with as he will defo go on to copperfasten his place in the team.

what was that expression about" hostages to fortune" ? :D

carnstien
07/06/2004, 8:48 PM
Morrison is the best option currently available, but if your man McGeady is as good as there saying he should be put in the team now.

I would like to see Andy Ried given a go up front, his goalscoring record is outstanding for Forrest. He was there top scorer this season.

Playing Duff up front is not an option and anyone who suggests it should be shot on site, he is a crap striker, end of story.

thejollyrodger
07/06/2004, 10:10 PM
As Kerr said, he was happy with the result in the Amsterdam ArenA but he was worried about us not taking our chances. Ireland seems to create more chances than any other team but just cant put them away. Its probably the area which needs the most work on our squad.

Clint works hard and gets into the right positions so I wouldnt chuck him out of the squad just yet. He seems just to be lacking confidence and hopefully he will score a few for club and knock those sitters in for Ireland.

Duffer up front ? no way !! He is a winger full stop
Mc Geady ?? he is too young and hasnt put in 1 proper performance for Ireland
who else is there :confused: REALISTICALY

eirebhoy
07/06/2004, 10:31 PM
who else is there :confused: REALISTICALY
Heffernan?

czarner
07/06/2004, 11:50 PM
Let's be fair, Heffernan is a good prospect but not much more at the moment. Scoring that many for such a ****e team is impressive but he's can't be considered for the national set up until he steps up AT LEAST one division.

As for Clint, I thought he played well against Holland, he did a lot of good work outside of the box, and that volley that skimmed the bar was just pure bad luck. Don't forget his phenomenal strike rate for the first 8 or 9 games, he's had a stinker the last 2 seasons but the injury came just as he was getting into his stride in the premiership. He hasn't had much confidence in front of goal since he came back but he didn't regain and keep his place in the Birmingham team because he's a useless first-division level muppet, he's a better all round player now and once (ok, IF) he gets his instinct for goal back I can see him being an essential part of our first-choice team. Well, here's hoping anyway...

eirebhoy
08/06/2004, 9:22 AM
Let's be fair, Heffernan is a good prospect but not much more at the moment. Scoring that many for such a ****e team is impressive but he's can't be considered for the national set up until he steps up AT LEAST one division.
Yeah, i know. I have to say though, I've never seen Heffernan play but I don't think he'd link up well with Robbie because he's so small. I'm sure Connolly would score 20 goals in division 2 but thats useless as he's too similar to Keane. Heffo will definitely be in division 1 or the premiership next season so we can judge him at that level. He's only 22 which is great.

thejollyrodger
08/06/2004, 9:52 AM
Heffernan?

who ? he must be waaaay down the divisions..

I'd give clint a while yet, even if he doesnt score but helps robbie out he is still better than anyone else we have got.

I just hope the coaches continue to coach him, he gets regular first team football and he keeps the work rate up, eventually he is bound to score. (here's hoping).

And thank god this isnt England where the tabloids would be printing pictures of him on the back pages with turnips on his head :D

Bowsy
08/06/2004, 10:42 AM
Whenever I've seen Clinton play I have to say I've been impressed by his work rate and he did a great deal of work against the Dutch. I don't think he's the greatest striker in the world and he's certainly short of confidence at the moment but he's still our best option. Hope McGeady, Heffernan and Elliott all become viable options but I don't understand the fascination with sticking youngsters who have hardly played for their club straight into our national team.

tiktok
08/06/2004, 10:48 AM
I think he's about the best we've got right now and should continue.

As has been mentioned, he's short a bit of confidence in front of goal but his workrate is good and he still gets himself into the right positions. If he scores one or two, the swagger will be back and he'll keep us going until one of the up and coming boys starts to produce on a consistent basis.

As an aside, Heskey played very well when he came on against Iceland at the weekend, the competition for places there could cost Morrison in the long run.

eirebhoy
08/06/2004, 12:39 PM
who ? he must be waaaay down the divisions..
I'd advise everyone on this board to get the Irish Times every Monday when the season starts back, the sports section lists every Irish player from the premiership to the Scottish 3rd division and how many appearances, goals and cards they have. That way you'd know you Heffernan is.:)

Anyway, he's 22, born in Dublin and plays for Notts County (although he's leaving them this summer and there's interest from premiership and division 1 clubs). He scored 20 goals for County in the 2nd division this season which is pretty good considering they got relegated and only scored a total of 50. The second highest scorer for County was Stallard on 4. Nottm Forest look favourites to sign him.

Littlest Hobo
08/06/2004, 1:18 PM
Geezer boy clinton will lose his place to heskey. This will mean no first team action at brum, which in turn will mean no call up for the qualifiers. Great news :D

John Boy
09/06/2004, 12:15 PM
None of you have considered the posibility that David Connoly is our 2nd best striker ! He's scorin week in week out for West Ham but coz there 1st division he cant even get a game to prove him self !

Morrison is a donkey too right the boy just sits in the box hopin it glances of fhim in to the goal (A modern Day Gary Liniker) he's just not willing to do any work in the build up play unlike Keane & Duff who work there arses off !!!

John Boy
09/06/2004, 12:18 PM
Whenever I've seen Clinton play I have to say I've been impressed by his work rate and he did a great deal of work against the Dutch.

Sorry mate did you see the same Ireland Vs. Holland Games as the rest of us ??? :confused:

Think you need to watch it again !

tiktok
09/06/2004, 12:19 PM
None of you have considered the posibility that David Connoly is our 2nd best striker

he is on paper and should be in reality, but he's consistently and inexplicably failed to produce the goods at international level.

petef
09/06/2004, 12:19 PM
He's simply a player who is out of form and confidence, given time he will improve again. He was a player of great potential but has somewhat lost his way.

Plastic Paddy
09/06/2004, 12:21 PM
None of you have considered the posibility that David Connoly is our 2nd best striker ! He's scorin week in week out for West Ham but coz there 1st division he cant even get a game to prove him self

He's had plenty of chances to prove himself, John - getting on for 40, in fact. He just can't seem to raise his game sufficiently for Ireland. He's a decent second-tier striker in England, of that there's no doubt, but he's not good enough in the green for a starting spot.

I think that's something pretty much everyone on here agrees on, which is why it's no longer an issue for debate.

Sorry mate did you see the same Ireland Vs. Holland Games as the rest of us ??? :confused:

I have to agree with Bowsy here. Clinton held up the ball well and created good space on several occasions for Keane and Reid. Granted, he let himself down in front of goal, but his all-round play was a vast improvement on some of his earlier efforts for Ireland.

:D PP

Bowsy
09/06/2004, 1:19 PM

I believe so! I wasn't that drunk and/or stoned was I? :confused:

I was sitting in the Irish end at the Arena. When Holland were attacking in the second half I saw him run 50 yards to help defend a corner. He has also looked very hard working in last few internationals I've seen. He has no confidence in front of goal right now but his work rate is not in question IMO.
As for The Ant, he has always been impressive at club level. Looked great for West Ham every time I've seen him this year but he is dreadful for Ireland. Had about 3 good games in nearly 40 for Ireland.

eirebhoy
09/06/2004, 2:36 PM
He's had plenty of chances to prove himself, John - getting on for 40, in fact. He just can't seem to raise his game sufficiently for Ireland. He's a decent second-tier striker in England, of that there's no doubt, but he's not good enough in the green for a starting spot.

I think that's something pretty much everyone on here agrees on, which is why it's no longer an issue for debate.
Believe it or not, I actually don't. He has played 6 times under Kerr (4 starts) but 5 of those games he was partnered by Keane. The only game he wasn't partnered with Keane was against Turkey and he scored and got man of the match. Him and Keane cannot and will not ever be able to play together but he is certainly a good replacement if Keane is injured.

only1kilbane
10/06/2004, 8:28 AM
Believe it or not, I actually don't. He has played 6 times under Kerr (4 starts) but 5 of those games he was partnered by Keane. The only game he wasn't partnered with Keane was against Turkey and he scored and got man of the match. Him and Keane cannot and will not ever be able to play together but he is certainly a good replacement if Keane is injured.

If keane is ever out i think we would push duff forward to partner clinton. If angry ant was 10% as good as he thought he was we would be world beaters !

carnstien
10/06/2004, 5:54 PM
I disagree that Keane and Morrison do not work together. In fact I believe that Morrison is exactly the kind of player Keane needs along side him, in that he is big, strong, holds up the ball well, is good in the air and more importantly than all, he is a striker who will stay in the box.

Keane does not need a player like Duff beside him because that means Keane will not have a liecence to roam and will be completly limited.

I think the main reason Morrison is still in the team is because himself and Keane are so well suited together, it's just a pity Morrison is not a better goal scorer. In an ideal world you would have someone with the finishing prowess of Van Nistlerooy beside Keane, but hey, this isn't an ideal world.

eirebhoy
10/06/2004, 6:12 PM
I disagree that Keane and Morrison do not work together. In fact I believe that Morrison is exactly the kind of player Keane needs along side him, in that he is big, strong, holds up the ball well, is good in the air and more importantly than all, he is a striker who will stay in the box.

Keane does not need a player like Duff beside him because that means Keane will not have a liecence to roam and will be completly limited.

I think the main reason Morrison is still in the team is because himself and Keane are so well suited together, it's just a pity Morrison is not a better goal scorer. In an ideal world you would have someone with the finishing prowess of Van Nistlerooy beside Keane, but hey, this isn't an ideal world.
I was talking about Connolly. :D

carnstien
11/06/2004, 6:48 PM
I was talking about Connolly. :D
Well in that case I agree with you. Point about Clinton still holds though.

gmani
12/06/2004, 11:26 PM
Er,so who's the current alternative......... :confused:

A bit of donkey,but follows in a long tradition........

you are so right who else is there we need a new young gun you know

Can Wayne Rooney play for ireland he is half irish(thats how he is so good) ;)

Plastic Paddy
13/06/2004, 5:52 AM
Can Wayne Rooney play for ireland he is half irish(thats how he is so good) ;)

Er, I think the fact that he's played 13 times so far for the England senior team rather squashes this one, no? :rolleyes:

:ball: PP

gmani
13/06/2004, 9:36 PM
Er, I think the fact that he's played 13 times so far for the England senior team rather squashes this one, no? :rolleyes:

have you ever heard of the sport soccer???¿¿¿ :rolleyes:
well i suggest that you start reading buddy because there have been quite a few players who have played fo 2 countries after more than 13 games :rolleyes:

Plastic Paddy
13/06/2004, 9:46 PM
have you ever heard of the sport soccer???¿¿¿ :rolleyes:
well i suggest that you start reading buddy because there have been quite a few players who have played fo 2 countries after more than 13 games :rolleyes:

Name them. Any one of them.

gmani
13/06/2004, 9:59 PM
Name them. Any one of them.

hey why should i waste my time....

i got an idea

WHY DONT YOU!!!! HAHAHAH
LOSER

Plastic Paddy
13/06/2004, 10:03 PM
hey why should i waste my time....

er, because you seem to think that players switching countries after making senior appearances can happen? :confused: :rolleyes:

Over to you. And I'm still waiting for that name. Any one will do.

:) PP

gmani
13/06/2004, 10:11 PM
am ok heres one

Youra Mothera

Apparently he was a Spanish International and then played for argentina

fool :rolleyes:

Plastic Paddy
13/06/2004, 10:14 PM
fool :rolleyes:

Four words:

"Wayne Rooney for Ireland"

:D :D :D PP

gmani
13/06/2004, 10:26 PM
yeh "WAYNE ROONE FOR IRELAND" ((thanks for your support))

and

"Youra Mothera" for spain...haha

now can we stop argueing.......

1MickCollins
13/06/2004, 10:28 PM

and

It's OK the men in the white coats are coming... :p

gmani
13/06/2004, 10:33 PM
tatu ban......

remember that... do u speak gaelic or not

1MickCollins
13/06/2004, 10:36 PM
tatu ban......

remember that... do u speak gaelic or not

Not the pidgin variety you do, you half-breed nit.

gmani
13/06/2004, 10:46 PM
amm r u one of them homosexuals you know the ones that like their own sex cause if u r then please dont communicate with me because i am not gay.....

sadloserkid
14/06/2004, 1:08 PM
er, because you seem to think that players switching countries after making senior appearances can happen? :confused: :rolleyes:

Robert Prosinecki! ;)

Though Rooney is now ineligable to play for Ireland thankfully.

Plastic Paddy
14/06/2004, 1:19 PM
Robert Prosinecki! ;)

Pedant. :D

We both know the circumstances there though.

:D PP

tiktok
14/06/2004, 1:23 PM

John Fashanu
England and Nigeria
(it's competitive senior matches PP) ;) :D

Plastic Paddy
14/06/2004, 1:43 PM
John Fashanu
England and Nigeria
(it's competitive senior matches PP) ;) :D

He never played for Nigeria IIRC - in fact he quite publicly refused to play for them before going on to win two (count 'em ;) ) England caps in 1989.

Point taken though.

lopez
14/06/2004, 10:43 PM

and

amm r u one of them homosexuals you know the ones that like their own sex cause if u r then please dont communicate with me because i am not gay.....You is definitely da Siete Braincells amigo. I always thought you were not from Waterford (nice try honcho) and now I doubt you are from Galway although a long stay at An Teach Mor in Ballinasloe in the last couple of years is possible.

BTW, is gmani to do with 'New Jack City'? Cos you is more like Pookie to me. Why don't you f*ck off!