PDA

View Full Version : Darren Quigley

Bray-Z
25/03/2011, 10:55 PM
Signed for the club today. Great signing IMO. I'd say he'll start ahead of Gregg.

Captain2007
25/03/2011, 11:04 PM
Signed for the club today. Great signing IMO. I'd say he'll start ahead of Gregg.

Not on tonites performance he won't, be a useful number two and good cover, you need competition for all positions and that signing is typical Devo who is building a quality squad for this season.
BTW Gary Dempsey will probably go back to the SPL in June..has a couple of offers on the table.

peadar1987
25/03/2011, 11:52 PM
Not on tonites performance he won't, be a useful number two and good cover, you need competition for all positions and that signing is typical Devo who is building a quality squad for this season.
BTW Gary Dempsey will probably go back to the SPL in June..has a couple of offers on the table.

Do we have him under contract? Are we likely to get a fee for him?

total hoofball
26/03/2011, 2:00 AM

Quigley looked like he was going to be the best keeper in the league and destined for great things in England around 2005-07, then he left UCD and subesquently developed butterfingers.

In 2011, Gregg is by a distance the safer bet for no. 1 keeper unless Quigley can dramatically regain his form of 5 years ago.

thedoyler
26/03/2011, 10:11 AM
Great signing clearly one for the future, and it wasn't so much butterfingers as a succession of injuries, lets not forget he was the no.1 when Final won the Cup in '09. A great signing for the future he's only 24, has a wealth of experiece already behind him and with Matt in place it gives him a bit of time to get fit and ready and most probably displace Matt before Matt retires. With a bit of luck could have gotten ourselves a franchise no.1 here.

superfrank
26/03/2011, 2:29 PM
It's a very good signing for the club. Even if he's only going to be back-up, it's a good deal for the club. He is a very capable keeper. His career may have gone sideways but I still rate him.

With him and Gregg, I feel that could be one of our strongest positions. With all due respect to Brian Kane, I do get nervy if Gregg doesn't play.

peadar1987
26/03/2011, 4:28 PM
Kane's got a lot of talent, but he does tend to have the odd shocker, and goalie is unfortunately the one position where you can't really afford that. He'll be a very good keeper in a few years time, I think.