PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers Board are ****!n fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cookie
05/06/2004, 8:07 PM
if they had any ****in sense in that club they would have sold the tickets INSIDE the ground!!

see all the people there??

they would of mabe 15,000 euro on the gate easily!!!!

fools the lot of them!!

this club is a joke!

i saw cobh people(and cork people) i've never sen at a cobh match in my life!

half them didn't even go to the match just got tickets.

Citygirl
05/06/2004, 8:29 PM
was down at the game tonight (dont worry i wasnt buying tickets for the united game) thought that it was shocking that they didnt sell the tickets inside the grounds.how stupid like they could have made a fortune out of the bar stoolers...apparently they were gonna do this but decided not to at the last minute.

cookie
05/06/2004, 8:34 PM
there idiots.....fcukin ****s........!!!!

corkharps
05/06/2004, 8:38 PM
Lads,
It was embarressing!At least 2,000 outside the ground and 350 at most inside!A Very sorry day for EL! :mad:

cookie
05/06/2004, 8:40 PM
go away with your 2,000!!!!

more like 5 or 6,000!! they were still there AFTER the game!!!!!!!!!!

corkharps
05/06/2004, 8:47 PM
Aye,sorry your right,I ment there was hardly less than 2K there at one time,I heard fools were there since 12noon!

DolansWaistcoat
05/06/2004, 9:10 PM
Thats a massive blunder by ramblers if they decided to sell the tickets outside the ground instead of inside,why?Did they not feel right about taking the extra few quid of the manure fans money for the 'united game' at the cross.While at the same time reducing the die hard ramblers fans the chance of picking up a ticket.I know the manure fans who have never been to an EL game in their lives would have just walked into the ground and then strolled back out with the tickets but who gives a fcuk with the extra gate money that would have been in Cobh's coffers.

When City played Celtic in a friendly a few years back they sold the tickets in the ground at a european game and their was a massive amount of ppl who just came bought the Celtic tickets and pi$$ed off.The ground was still nowhere near full but city made a killing charging 10 pounds to get into the ground and then up to 30 pounds for the celtic game.

liam88
05/06/2004, 9:23 PM
Sorry can someone explain what happend?
Rambs sold tickets from where?
The lots of people turned up to see the game and couldn't get tickets at the gate?

cookie
05/06/2004, 10:33 PM
the tickets were supposed to go on sale INSIDE the ground so that true rams fans would get tickets but they changed there mind and sold them in the bar!

you were sble to walk in there and get them without going to the match!
it woi=uld of been a sell out game if they sold them inside the ground easily.

HarpoJoyce
06/06/2004, 11:16 AM
Access to match tickets will always be an issue amongst supporters. But having read the posts on the three different threads that have being generated on the issue, they all seem to be leaning the one way.
To put a surcharge on the tickets, sell them inside St.Colman's, as most of the fans buying them won't be back.

If Cobh had sold tickets inside the ground, the criticism would be about Ramblers "ripping off" ordinary decent families who only want to see their returned Hero play. Think of the children!
And there would be comments about the Rams going against UEFA policy and not selling tickets away from the turnstiles, which reduces cogestion ( again endangering children.)
You know how excited football fans can get as they near the Stadium.

If this is a Goodwill match then the generous athmosphere needs to start early.

liam88
06/06/2004, 1:35 PM
you were sble to walk in there and get them without going to the match!
it woi=uld of been a sell out game if they sold them inside the ground easily.
Why would anybody buy tickets and not go to the match?!

CollegeTillIDie
06/06/2004, 4:04 PM
:D

I am with the majority of people on this thread. As has been pointed out there were Cobh people who have never been to a Ramblers game in their lives. They never went to watch the team when Roy of the Ramblers was playing in the team.

They should have been made pay into the game. Dolans Waistcoat is right. I was at that particular European game supporting City, as Indeed I would support any eL team playing in Europe, and the club did well out of selling the Celtic game tickets at the UEFA tie.

As regards this being a goodwill game it is about keeping Ramblers solvent.
Harpo as regards the kids, get the kids in and show them a real football game in person for the first time in their lives. It should have been pointed out to Roy's credit, that Ramblers would never have been able to attract ManUre without his assistance in the first place. It is important the kids know that Roy's career began at Colman's Park.... and then went rapidly downhill :D

How you address the other issue ?
Give anyone who goes to the ManUre game a discount for the next Ramblers home game, or maybe even free admission. We are after all , or should be , generating extra support for our clubs. This is a gift of an opportunity to do so. I am not being hyper critical of Ramblers, just want them to milk this one for everything they can.
To do anything less is to do the club not to mention the League a disservice.

Ruairi
06/06/2004, 5:34 PM
seems like a missed opportunity alrgight. if there really was 5-6,000 outside, all paying a tenner to get in (or whatever cobh charge)...... think of the extra coin that would have given the club! who cares if they would have left straight away?? that's their perogative. if they weren't going to sell them inside the ground, why the hell did they decide to sell them at a home fixture so???

cookie
06/06/2004, 5:47 PM
seems like a missed opportunity alrgight. if there really was 5-6,000 outside, all paying a tenner to get in (or whatever cobh charge)...... think of the extra coin that would have given the club! who cares if they would have left straight away?? that's their perogative. if they weren't going to sell them inside the ground, why the hell did they decide to sell them at a home fixture so???

because there ****in idiots!

DolansWaistcoat
06/06/2004, 7:51 PM
I'm disgusted that they didn't take the extra coin and i'm a City fan,who is supposed to hate the ramblers.

Seriously though the match is to make cash for a club who needs the cash.Shame on you Cobh Ramblers,definately fcuking idiots.

HarpoJoyce
06/06/2004, 9:35 PM
This criticism is getting out of hand. Fans are buying tickets for a game in Turners Cross. They're not trying to get in for free or con anyone. They're paying the price asked for. When someone pays for a ticket and goes to a match they're a fan?

According to local despatches, there were 5,000 - 6,000 fans outside of St.Colmans. If this is true, to expect these supporters to come inside would have meant Ramblers declaring an all-ticket match for the league game. Informing the GardaĆ­ and Harps, distributing those league match tickets fairly ( presumably many fans would still be digusted at the clubs distribution methods.)

Sure regular fans can get upset when they only see other fans at the Big Games, the trick is to have as many Big Games as possible in a season. And set the club up for bigger games the following season.

At the moment posts are criticising the club for not emptying the wallets of other fans.
( btw is " emptying wallets" a sexist term?)

This is an important issue its about regular supporters attitude to "irregular" supporters and our treatment of them while they're on our patch. If regular supporters aren't able to accept fairweather supporters, why would the fairweathers return?

cookie
06/06/2004, 10:04 PM
the ground can hpld about 8'000 anyway.

look the board ****ed up and could of made a lot of money!! there fools but if you tell them this they'll tell you where to go!!! :mad:

they couldn't run a car not a mind a football club!!

Ruairi
07/06/2004, 4:41 PM
the ground can hpld about 8'000 anyway.

Where???? does that include fans standing on the pitch while the game is going on???

bren
07/06/2004, 6:28 PM
What your all missing here is that the real genuine fans of Cobh Ramblers had ---and were also told -and in no apolagetic tones that they had to wait in line like everyone else outside the grounds for tickets .

Fans who attended every home and away game for the last few seasons ---were told by Mr.O.Sullivan --in my presence that too bad wait in line outside --take it or leave it .

There are a few decent people however around the fringes --who risked the wrought of the Boss and ushered these real fans in and around the bar to get the tickets they deserved .

They are to be commended ---out with the Chairman and in with some one decent who knows how to run a foothball team like Cobh Ramblers ---who are not to far away from Prem. foothball .
Pele .

ramblers
07/06/2004, 8:36 PM
I agree with Bren there were genuine supporters who were told get in Line and I belive John made a big mistake on this and will hopefully be voted out at the next AGM.

Mike1
08/06/2004, 7:47 AM
FFS...........where else would you hear such bitching but in this Town.

The last I heard was that the tickets were for 'PUBLIC' sale. That means to the 'PUBLIC'. I don't recall anyone ever saying or stating that the match was 'invitation only', so stop all the bitching and get on with it. If you got a ticket then good luck. If you failed to get one then that's life I'm afraid.

Everyone has a right to stand in line and buy a ticket regardless of how hardcore you are, who support, or how many games you did or did not attend over tha past decade.

I'm a Liverpool fan but let me be the first to say that Man Utd fans are as entitled to stand in line and buy tickets like the rest of the public and if they get them, then good luck to them.

All this , ' I saw yer man in the queue. Haven't seen him at a game before so why should he get a ticket, especially before me'..........or...........'I'm a genuine fan and I should get a ticket before him'...............bull****e.

Some of you need to grow up and adjust attitudes just that little bit. Ere Cookie, I think you need to do just that little bit more than the rest.

I'm a L'Pool fan so does that mean I can't go watch Leeds-West Ham? My ares it does.

Rams-fan
08/06/2004, 9:10 AM
FFS...........where else would you hear such bitching but in this Town.

Got to agree, the only thing I would like to add is,
1. The Regular match attendees were left into the ground under the understanding that tickets were for sale during the game inside the ground. And that was listed on every advert for the sale of tickets. Match Programs newsletters etc..
2. They may have gained a good killing on the RK game but, killed off a game which is usually a tight and exciting affair with Harps.
3. As I quequed after paying my 10 Euro to see a game I was looking forward to Harps scored twice.
4. The decision to not get people into the ground was taken before KO. :p

drinkfeckarse
08/06/2004, 10:55 AM
Mike1, the point you make has some valid grounds but I don't think it's unfair that Ramblers supporters should expect to get tickets to support their team. Whatever about supporters who claim to go to "all" the games, season ticket holders should definately have had the choice of tickets, after all it is "their" team that's playing. You wouldn't expect a public sale of tickets for a F.A Cup Final between Liverpool and Man Utd would you? The simple fact of the matter is that supporters should always get the chance to support their team before members of the public who, the vast majority of, couldn't give a toss if that club went to the wall.

pete
08/06/2004, 11:03 AM
When Manchester visted the Brandywell Derry City ensured anyone who wanted to queue for a ticket had to pay to get in to see their eL game at the same time. Cobh were foolish not to have setup a similar arrangement.

Mike1
08/06/2004, 12:03 PM
Drinkfeckarse, I agree with you somewhat on the point that ' I don't think it's unfair that Ramblers supporters should expect to get tickets to support their team'. In an ideal world that'd be great I suppose, but dishing out tickets to 'Ramblers Only' supporters would be a tad unfair to other footballing fans.

Pete: I agree it could have been handled very differently than it was and the club could have benifited nicely from the income they'd have got from the game, but you if you're from Cobh then you'll know the score. Same Old Town.

cookie
08/06/2004, 5:10 PM
here boy the fact of the fcukin matter is some ramblers fans didn't get a ticket because they were inside the ground supporting ramblers thinking tickets were on sale in there.

one of my friends hasn't missed a ramblers match for the last 5 or 6 years and he did NOT get a ticket,while some ******** from cork or somewhere else got one!

now he's not going to see the match and wheres the ****in justice in that!?!

mike go **** yourself!

Mike1
08/06/2004, 5:37 PM
Oh Dear!!

Cookie, it's time to get a grip of yourself girl. You really do write a charming post. Good entertainment and not a bit arrogant :rolleyes:

How hard did your buddy try to get a ticket? Last I heard there were still some available for standing only, so maybe he or your good self should try a little harder instead of whinging like a little girl on here.

'Out with John O'Sullivan'...........like I said, 'Good Entertainment'

cookie
08/06/2004, 9:17 PM
yes out with him!

no...sold out bud!

Mike1
08/06/2004, 9:32 PM
After asking for 4 tickets last night I was informed tonight that I have two secured for The Shed

drinkfeckarse
09/06/2004, 8:59 AM
Steady on Cookie. No need to get nasty with anyone. :(

ramsie
09/06/2004, 6:12 PM
i bought 4 tickets on monday in the club house they had plenty left i cept if you didnt get a ticket well fcuk you they call it though shhit in China look at me im coll i support Man Utd it could be i could be with a 10year old :D :D :D

cookie
09/06/2004, 6:55 PM
i bought 4 tickets on monday in the club house they had plenty left i cept if you didnt get a ticket well fcuk you they call it though shhit in China look at me im coll i support Man Utd it could be i could be with a 10year old :D :D :D

what??? :rolleyes: :confused:

ramsie
09/06/2004, 8:46 PM
Read again i spelt cool wrong and i left out the word worse somewhere only cookie would no hahaha

cookie
09/06/2004, 9:44 PM
ok..... i still don't get it??

GavinZac
25/06/2004, 3:44 AM
Why would anybody buy tickets and not go to the match?!

they sold the tickets for the united game during a league match. unfortunately they hadnt the sense to sell the tickets inside the ground, which would have meant to buy a ticket for the united game, you'd have to buy a ticket for the league game first. as it was with the tickets on sale in the bar, many people turned up and bought a ticket for the united game without even going into the ground. thus any actually ramblers fans who turned up had less of a chance of getting a ticket because the united fans were queueing up as they watched the match.

to summarise
#they could have made a lot of money
#pseudo-manks got tickets whereas rams didnt.

GavinZac
25/06/2004, 3:46 AM
i bought 4 tickets on monday in the club house they had plenty left i cept if you didnt get a ticket well fcuk you they call it though shhit in China look at me im coll i support Man Utd it could be i could be with a 10year old

:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

seriously, i worry.