PDA

View Full Version : Premier class for Iran trip

Neil
08/11/2001, 5:19 PM
Roy has managed to sort the lads out with the leather seats for the plane to Iran.

sports.com (http://www.sports.com/irl/football/news/2001/11/08/sIRL01MTAwNTIyMTkzNDU.html)

pete
08/11/2001, 5:56 PM
“Only the players and the management will get to sit in the big seats. Everyone else will be down the back.”

:D :D

I think originally he was entitled to bring the issue up after Cyprus but i didn't like the way he was reported as saying he might quit international football if wasn't moved out of economy.

IMO it was Mick McCarthy job to ensure his players got succifient facilities.

While Keane is playing as well as any irish player for the national i have seen he does sometimes come across as if the others aren't good enough to play with him. Saying that we're scewed without him.

Brine
09/11/2001, 11:21 AM
But what's this I read:

From sports.com:

But stories that Steve Finnan will start ahead of Gary Kelly at right-back are wide of the mark.

The Irish boss is now seriously considering starting with Kelly, sent-off on his last appearance against Holland in September.

uh-oh

Wizzard
09/11/2001, 12:37 PM
From the Irish Times:-

The name of Roy Keane was a welcome sight in Mick McCarthy's Republic of Ireland starting 11 to face Iran in the crucial World Cup play-off game at Lansdowne Road tomorrow night.
The inspirational captain came through a full training session with his team mates yesterday and manager McCarthy is confident Keane is fully fit.
Republic of Ireland team:
Given, Finnan, Breen, Staunton, Harte, McAteer, Roy Keane, Holland, Kilbane, Robbie Keane, Quinn

Wizzard
09/11/2001, 12:40 PM
Where's Kinsella?, surely he should get the call before Holland.

The Legend
09/11/2001, 7:58 PM
True, no doubt he will be on though at some stage as Keane will not make it through the whole match... supposedly