PDA

View Full Version : Met Nwanko on the way home tonight

Counting Crow
04/06/2004, 11:37 PM
Met him as we walked home and he stopped to have a chat.

Top man.

He was all chat about the game. Has quite good English and comes across as a bit of a character. We mentioned that we saw his "flip" at Inchacore after he scored there and he said:
"Yes, yes I must score here to show everyone my flip" with a big grin.

He said:
"I was very unlucky tonight.....if only I had scored I could have shown the people my flip, my flip".

He loves it here and is a really nice bloke.

Class.

Counting Crow
05/06/2004, 7:52 AM
Agree totally.

Don't forget Doyler................and Fenn! ;)

thecorner
05/06/2004, 8:57 AM
also met greg and danny murphy last night

greg hopes we arent drawn out of the hat for fair play. hes looking forward to going to copenhagen

danny murphy seems like he is on the pitch,,wouldnt like to meet him down a dark alley :eek:

Eric
05/06/2004, 11:45 AM
greg hopes we arent drawn out of the hat for fair play. hes looking forward to going to copenhagen

He'd be a bit lonely there when the rest of the team will be in Malmo!!! ;)

thecorner
05/06/2004, 11:47 AM
He'd be a bit lonely there when the rest of the team will be in Malmo!!! ;)

reckon he was on about seeing copenhagen

Eric
05/06/2004, 11:56 AM
The team is flying to Malmo on the thursday, training thursday night, twice on friday and having a light session on the saturday. Don't think they'll get much chance to go sight seeing

thecorner
05/06/2004, 12:09 PM
Did you not tell him who you were

does that really fcuking matter pr!ck

sullanefc
05/06/2004, 5:05 PM
Met him as we walked home and he stopped to have a chat.

Top man.

He was all chat about the game. Has quite good English and comes across as a bit of a character. We mentioned that we saw his "flip" at Inchacore after he scored there and he said:
"Yes, yes I must score here to show everyone my flip" with a big grin.

He said:
"I was very unlucky tonight.....if only I had scored I could have shown the people my flip, my flip".

He loves it here and is a really nice bloke.

Class.

Funny, I was just thinking about starting a thread on Nwankwo. Had an outstanding game last night and is proving to be an outstanding player. He started a move in the second half last night by juggling the ball and flicking it over a Pats players head. Outstanding!!! I want to see his flip :(

b_mcsweeney
06/06/2004, 11:58 AM
nwakwo was class in the first half, i remember he played a great ball through for JOF to just drag it wide of the post early on, but i thought he faded a bit in the second half. still an excellent game overall, and hes been great this season. the flip is worth waiting for!

on the topic of meeting people friday, i met Pat Kelly coming down from dublin on the train. Top fella, was chatting away to him. he mentioned that there'll be croatian refs for the home intertoto tie and russian officials for the away leg.