PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Prize fund

oriel
23/03/2011, 10:49 AM
I cant find the previous thread on this.

With the extra guaranteed tv money that the FAI will now be getting due to UEFA pooling it for all members (Is it 10m a year ?), is there any hope they can revisit the huge reductions in prize money this year I wonder.

I think the clubs should at least be asking the question.

passerrby
23/03/2011, 10:57 AM
that money will be going into the belly of the beast, now that they have the monkeys dancing for peanuts they are never going to give them steak

Mr A
23/03/2011, 11:08 AM
The UEFA money won't start coming through until 2014.

Buller
23/03/2011, 11:29 AM
Didn't hear anything about this. Have UEFA decided to give prize money to the associations for playing in the qualifiers?

Mr A
23/03/2011, 11:31 AM
It relates to the pooling of TV money: http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0322/uefa.html

Dodge
23/03/2011, 11:36 AM
And of course, it could mean they'd get less money than they'd normally get if the draw was favourable (say germany as top seed, France as second seed)

A more pertinent question would be where is the money ringfenced for the Limerick court case going?

Spudulika
23/03/2011, 2:48 PM
Dodge, I reckon the money for the Limerick case is already spent on costs, plus they will have set aside money for payoffs etc. The biggest crime this year was the reduction in prize funds for the reasons given. Though it could be a case of making clubs stand more on their own. Can't see this extra money, when it comes in, going anywhere other than salaries of the mandarins and the crippling debt.

Mr A
23/03/2011, 3:02 PM
that money will be going into the belly of the beast, now that they have the monkeys dancing for peanuts they are never going to give them steak

If the monkeys would stop throwing their poo at them, they might consider better rations.

Dodge
23/03/2011, 3:08 PM
Dodge, I reckon the money for the Limerick case is already spent on costs, plus they will have set aside money for payoffs etc. The biggest crime this year was the reduction in prize funds for the reasons given.

The reasons wereBS, the ONLY reason the prize fund was reduced was the Limerick case. Thats not in doubt at this stage

Spudulika
23/03/2011, 3:13 PM
I agree, which is why they're a crime. I wonder is it possible to sue them for telling lies in the media - should get INM onto it!